NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Divisional Round: (2) New England Patriots vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

nelac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
So now we can say that week 14 sequence with the Miami Miracle and Mahomes’ 4th and 9 was the difference between next week’s game being at Foxboro for the 800th time and at Arrowhead for once,
No we can't. That's absolutely ridiculous. If Scandrick didn't drop an easy pick on the Rams go ahead TD drive or the Chiefs stop the Chargers 2 point conversion that play wouldn't have mattered. The fact is they all happened and you can't just give one what if to one team and call it a day.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So how is it that the Chargers can win at Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Baltimore (with all but Seattle being in less than stellar weather).... yet apparently Gillette Stadium is basically a see,kingly eternal fortress of invincibility

Last edited:

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
Would he be this good on other teams? I think not.

Danny Amendola went from a clutch playoff hero to just another guy when he left Foxboro.
Huge age difference between Amendola and White not to mention White is far more versatile.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
How does a team with all that talent, all those Pro Bowlers, All Pros, a team that has won in bad weather on the road, a team that played 0 indoor games all season.... get boatraced by a team with a 41 year old QB, a 67 year old coach, and a C+ roster?

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
How does a team with all that talent, all those Pro Bowlers, All Pros, a team that has won in bad weather on the road, a team that played 0 indoor games all season.... get boatraced by a team with a 41 year old QB, a 67 year old coach, and a C+ roster?
My goodness do you people never learn? Brady and Belichick's longevity is not normal enough to simply refer to them as just old.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
It’s quite impressive how blinded by hate you are.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

Because the C+ roster had the best clutch QB of its generation and the best coach of its generation. Next.

Trusting Philip Rivers in Foxborough in January is like trusting a turtle to outrace a cheetah.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Because the C+ roster had the best clutch QB of its generation and the best coach of its generation. Next.

Trusting Philip Rivers in Foxborough in January is like trusting a turtle to outrace a cheetah.

Also, the C+ roster is not really C+.

Belichick always builds his rosters the same way. Not a lot of high paid players and a very STRONG "middle class". That means that the Pats are, outside of Brady and Gronk, never "top heavy" and that's also why they can efficiently use the "next man up" philosophy and not suffer TOO much.

Also, BB prefers smarter players to physical specimen. He also puts a premium on versatility. So, his teams might not be always that impressive on paper and they might start slow, but once they hit their stride, they are formidable.

Of course, having Brady on a contract way under market has helped... a lot.

Reactions: darko

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
So how is it that the Chargers can win at Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Baltimore (with all but Seattle being in less than stellar weather).... yet apparently Gillette Stadium is basically a see,kingly eternal fortress of invincibility
Not saying it had anything to do with it, but when I was driving over to watch the game with my dad, I had the Patriots radio pre-game on. All of the guys on the radio were talking about how the Chargers players were barely warming up, milling around, and a lot of them looked like they didn't want to be there. I'm sure not staying on the East Coast between the Ravens game & this one is something that'll be second guessed all off season.

The pats also played a great game defensively. The Patriots brought out the cover zero, which they (basically) never do. They also blitzed way more then they normally do. Both of these things appeared to get into Rivers & the Chargers heads. The Pats hit him early, and stuck into cover zero formations (before backing off in the last few seconds quite often) to keep the Chargers confused & uncomfortable. I counted at least 3 times that the Chargers WRs didn't know what routes they were supposed to run (one that ended in hilarity of two guys tripping over each other in a trips formation). And how many delay of games did they take? I can't even really remember the Chargers snapping the ball with more than 5 seconds on the play clock until the Pats switched over to some basic prevent type defenses in the second half.

I'm curious to see what they cook up for the Chiefs (Pats tend to do well vs young QBs, especially the second time around) but I still think the Pats are deserved dogs @ KC.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Because the Pats , even though they had a 5 defeats seson (which is not normally the norm) , are still one of the best team in the NFL and because despite being 41 years old Tom Brady is not finished can still play at a high level They are not a C+ team. Hell they have beaten the new darlings of Pats haters week 6. You are underestimating the Pats and it's a mistake.

Also the Pats have "been there done that" so many times in the playoffs and have overcame much tougher foes than the Chargers in the past. Belchick , Brady , Edleman , Gronk etc have a shitload of playoffs experience with Brady and Belchick having the most in the league. They don't panic and know what it take to win

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Rivers has a 1-4 or a 1-5 record when the temperature is below freezing

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
people really thought this was Rivers/Chargers year?

I give them credit for attempting a comeback, but if the guy couldn't do it with prime LD/Gates, I don't see how he was going to make it this year.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
people really thought this was Rivers/Chargers year?

I give them credit for attempting a comeback, but if the guy couldn't do it with prime LD/Gates, I don't see how he was going to make it this year.

Because god forbid one of these years is not a Brady year.

Every year feels like it's been the Pats' year for eons.

You'd think at some point he'd break through ala Peyton.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Because god forbid one of these years is not a Brady year.

Every year feels like it's been the Pats' year for eons.

You'd think at some point he'd break through ala Peyton.

Because of how great Brady is.

& while thats a good point, difference is Manning was obviously a better player. Rivers has never been able to beat Brady and while things can change, beating him at Foxborough in the winter is extremely hard.

One could argue Manning only broke thru because of Polians lobbying to change the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->