Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
The habs need to sign him. Probably only one or two of their five or six prospects will make it. Keep them all until they know which ones.
If they're in a hurry to add to their prospect pool, they could try sign First Team All Star defenceman David Farrance, who has had a parallel career to Harris in HE, is a year older, a bit bigger, and presumbly closer to being able to play in the NHL. Both were 3rd round picks. Farrance stayed 4 years at Boston U, and is now a free agent, or will be in a few months. I would imagine that Harris , or his agent at least, will be watching the outcome for Farrance very carefully, if Jordan doesn't sign before the summer.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If they're in a hurry to add to their prospect pool, they could try sign First Team All Star defenceman David Farrance, who has had a parallel career to Harris in HE, is a year older, a bit bigger, and presumbly closer to being able to play in the NHL. Both were 3rd round picks. Farrance stayed 4 years at Boston U, and is now a free agent, or will be in a few months.

There is no indication yet that the Preds won't sign him. There's also no indication that he would even consider Montreal as a FA.

Your arguments kinda makes no sense. Harris shouldn't sign with us because we have too much depth at D, but Farrance will sign with us??

Reactions: DAChampion

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
There is no indication yet that the Preds won't sign him. There's also no indication that he would even consider Montreal as a FA.

Your arguments kinda makes no sense. Harris shouldn't sign with us because we have too much depth at D, but Farrance will sign with us??
I wasn't the one saying they needed to sign Harris, quite the opposite, but if they feel the need to add one of those type of defenders, Farrance would make more sense at this time. I don't think either will sign with Montreal as far as that's concerned.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i've been saying since they drafted Guhle, if I'm Harris's agent (advisor for now) I would tell him not to sign because of them having so many quality D prospects. But who knows what his plans are, we'll see how Sunday's game goes and go from there.

Farrance is rumored to want to sign with NYR. The guy that scouted him at BU is now the coach for NYR.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i've been saying since they drafted Guhle, if I'm Harris's agent (advisor for now) I would tell him not to sign because of them having so many quality D prospects. But who knows what his plans are, we'll see how Sunday's game goes and go from there.

Farrance is rumored to want to sign with NYR. The guy that scouted him at BU is now the coach for NYR.

Well perhaps we should be using one of our LD prospects in a package to try to lure Ekholm, since we have so many of them.

1st + harris (or Norlinder?) + ?

Nashville will ask for Guhle at this stage of the negotiations.

Last edited:
Reactions: overlords

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021

Ya, the key for players is collecting NHL cheques. They can sign a 3 year deal for a billion NHL bucks, but if they're stuck in the minors for the duration, they will come out with a couple hundred K at the end of it.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

If a prospect turned their back on the Canadiens it would unironically be a dark day in the franchises history. Would be totally pathetic. This happens to bush league teams, shouldn't happen to the Canadiens.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
If a prospect turned their back on the Canadiens it would unironically be a dark day in the franchises history. Would be totally pathetic. This happens to bush league teams, shouldn't happen to the Canadiens.
Harris grew up in New England, you think he's steeped in the mystique of Les Habitants? :) He probably never heard their name mentioned without a few F bombs in the sentence.

Reactions: dralaf and Walrus26

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Harris grew up in New England, you think he's steeped in the mystique of Les Habitants? :) He probably never heard their name mentioned without a few F bombs in the sentence.

Good for him lol. Habs have had plenty of New England guys on their teams over the years. I can't imagine there were too many guys from New England turning them down in the 70's or 80's lol. Speaks to how far our stock has fallen if he does.

That said, if he does, I hope he gets the Chara treatment his entire career.

Locks

May 28, 2005
I don't understand where this whole idea of Harris not signing came from. MB said this year very recently that both Harris and Caufield will be turning pros after this season. I don't think he will be talking like that if there were any real doubts. And the Habs D situation is very prospect friendly with only Weber and Petry on long term deals and Expansion draft is coming. There is no way the presence of Guhle prevents Harris, who is very comfortable playing both sides, from becoming a regular on the Habs blue line at some point. In fact, the brass clearly thinks highly of Harris because MB said at the end of last season that Harris might be pushing for a spot with the Habs in camp. We don't know if it was the pandemic or another reason they decided for him to play another season in NCAA.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
him turning his back on the franchise because of LD depth has nothing to do with playing for the montreal canadiens lol players and their agents are smarter than ever and will try to do whats best for their careers/paychecks , has nothing to do with the prestige of our long dead franchise

Reactions: salbutera

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't understand where this whole idea of Harris not signing came from. MB said this year very recently that both Harris and Caufield will be turning pros after this season. I don't think he will be talking like that if there were any real doubts. And the Habs D situation is very prospect friendly with only Weber and Petry on long term deals and Expansion draft is coming. There is no way the presence of Guhle prevents Harris, who is very comfortable playing both sides, from becoming a regular on the Habs blue line at some point. In fact, the brass clearly thinks highly of Harris because MB said at the end of last season that Harris might be pushing for a spot with the Habs in camp. We don't know if it was the pandemic or another reason they decided for him to play another season in NCAA.

there is no idea, there's nothing that says he will or won't sign with the Habs. But Harris is one of the top D's in the NCAA, he can pick where he wants to play after next season. If I were his agent I would tell him to consider not signing, but who knows how badly he wants to sign with us or not. I never heard anything one way or the other on his thoughts on turning pro, unlike Caufield who made it known from day 1. This doesn't mean he won't sign, there's not a single rumor that I've heard that says he doesn't want to.

But look at Nashville, there are rumors they will not be able to sign David Farrance, who is the best D in the NCAA and if we signed him he would be our 2nd best prospect behind Caufield. It sucks to lose a player like that just like how Adam Fox opted to not sign with the Canes because they were stacked with young D.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

real good game from Harris, Struble picks up his 12th pt in 18 games but they came up short and their season is now over. So now we wait and see what does Jordan Harris do, turn pro or return for his Senior year. The NCAA tournament selection is next Sunday so while NU is highly unlikely to make it, he could opt to wait until after it's official. So if he's not signed this week it's not a big deal but would hope within the next 2 weeks he's signed.

There's really no need for him to go back to NU at this point that's for sure, he's ready for the next level.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

real good game from Harris, Struble picks up his 12th pt in 18 games but they came up short and their season is now over. So now we wait and see what does Jordan Harris do, turn pro or return for his Senior year. The NCAA tournament selection is next Sunday so while NU is highly unlikely to make it, he could opt to wait until after it's official. So if he's not signed this week it's not a big deal but would hope within the next 2 weeks he's signed.

As I said, I live in Haverhill, his home town. I'm not claiming ANY inside knowledge, but if I had to bet I think he leaves school if the Habs offer him a contract.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There's really no need for him to go back to NU at this point that's for sure, he's ready for the next level.

for sure he's ready.

As I said, I live in Haverhill, his home town. I'm not claiming ANY inside knowledge, but if I had to bet I think he leaves school if the Habs offer him a contract.

the Habs GM has said they want him to turn pro so he will get offered a contract for sure.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
there is no idea, there's nothing that says he will or won't sign with the Habs. But Harris is one of the top D's in the NCAA, he can pick where he wants to play after next season. If I were his agent I would tell him to consider not signing, but who knows how badly he wants to sign with us or not. I never heard anything one way or the other on his thoughts on turning pro, unlike Caufield who made it known from day 1. This doesn't mean he won't sign, there's not a single rumor that I've heard that says he doesn't want to.

But look at Nashville, there are rumors they will not be able to sign David Farrance, who is the best D in the NCAA and if we signed him he would be our 2nd best prospect behind Caufield. It sucks to lose a player like that just like how Adam Fox opted to not sign with the Canes because they were stacked with young D.
But using the same logic as you applied to Fox why would Farrance sign here? We have some good young prospects on D and no matter how good a prospect is if there's too many it reduces the chances of making it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But using the same logic as you applied to Fox why would Farrance sign here? We have some good young prospects on D and no matter how good a prospect is if there's too many it reduces the chances of making it.

Farrance has been rumored to sign with NYR, the guy that scouted him at BU is now NYR's coach.

Reactions: azcanuck

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don't see it the same way. There's plenty of opportunities for Harris in Montreal with Chiarot, Kulak and Mete not playing their best hockey.

He has an advantage over Guhle/Norlinder/Struble as they are 1+ year away from NA pro hockey. With the ED, he could very well have a shot at a top4 spot.

He can always request a trade after he's established if the other prospects push too hard.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
@montreal

So I understand, Northeastern is eliminated, and they're not automatically in the NCAA Tournament. But is there still a chance NE gets in because the NCAA Committee decides to let them in over another team? Or is it the end of the road for them this season no matter what?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
@montreal

So I understand, Northeastern is eliminated, and they're not automatically in the NCAA Tournament. But is there still a chance NE gets in because the NCAA Committee decides to let them in over another team? Or is it the end of the road for them this season no matter what?

in a normal year we could say 100% they are out as they are too far back (with the loss I believe they will drop out of the top 20) since they haven't been clear on what they are looking at it's possible I guess but I would say highly unlikely to almost impossible That was a must win game for them to have any shot at least based off past years.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
in a normal year we could say 100% they are out as they are too far back (with the loss I believe they will drop out of the top 20) since they haven't been clear on what they are looking at it's possible I guess but I would say highly unlikely to almost impossible That was a must win game for them to have any shot at least based off past years.

Okay. I was asking mainly to know if Harris may prefer waiting before signing if there was a chance NE still goes to the NCAA Tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad