Prospect Info: 2018 #5 OA - Barrett Hayton - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hatin' on Hayton?

• Total voters

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
In other news, I have noticed some posters talks about Zadina shouldn't have been in the AHL last year, but in juniors. Sorry for mentioning him again, as we agreed we shouldn't. :naughty:.

But there might be a lesson there: Juniors (or Europe), not AHL, for 18-19 years olds.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
man i just went back and read our draft day comments on this. we....were....salty haha. glad i came back and posted after i had cooled down because i would have to apologize to the young man had i ever got the chance to meet him :laugh:

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
In other news, I have noticed some posters talks about Zadina shouldn't have been in the AHL last year, but in juniors. Sorry for mentioning him again, as we agreed we shouldn't. :naughty:.

But there might be a lesson there: Juniors (or Europe), not AHL, for 18-19 years olds.
He was down to Ten in the Pronman list.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Jumped all the way up to #6 on Pronman’s 2018 re-rank. Pretty shocking. Pronman was maybe the most critical of the selection. He did not like Hayton as an early first rounder at all. Hayton really changes his mind over the last year.

Also, Bahl is #34 of the list.

So Chayka having Hayton 3rd or 4th and Bahl 20th is starting look less insane a year later (at least if you’re using Pronman as your measure-hahaha).
Jenik at 50

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jenik at 50

Coyotes had Jenik way higher than 65 IIRC.

Whatever juju they are using to forecast guys is working for the most part. Bernhardt's last full draft might yield 6 quality prospects from 9 picks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Saw the game last night. Hayton looks like he could use a little more seasoning.

What are the odds he gets sent down, now or at the 9 game mark?

He's not getting sent down unless he does absolutely nothing the first 9 games. I don't think he needs more seasoning, he's already a capable 3C and didn't look out of place with skill guys in previous games.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Thanks - with the haha I wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic. I’m following closely to see if he returns to the Soo.

Yeah sorry. I hated the draft pick. Hated him as a player. He has proven me wrong so far. I hope he continues to improve, we could have a very solid player on our hands in AZ.

Reactions: PuckLife

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Yeah sorry. I hated the draft pick. Hated him as a player. He has proven me wrong so far. I hope he continues to improve, we could have a very solid player on our hands in AZ.
We love him in the Soo. He is the most complete player we’ve had in a long time, and we’ve had a lot of high-end players.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Watching the preseason game, he is far closer to being ready than not for the NHL.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Send him down Chayka, so he can win the Calder Trophy next year. It won't be his year this season.

Hayton looks really raw to me. Seems like he has lots of potential (more than Zadina), but needs a little more experience before playing up in the show full time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Send him down Chayka, so he can win the Calder Trophy next year. It won't be his year this season.

Hayton looks really raw to me. Seems like he has lots of potential (more than Zadina), but needs a little more experience before playing up in the show full time.
He can’t play in the AHL this season. Unless it’s on a conditioning stint.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Well, I was wrong to feel so disappointed when we passed up Zedina. Teach me to buy into the draft hype. I have no expertise, none, at evaluating hockey players so young that you can count their pubic hairs on one hand (Tanner 2 for those interested).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad