Injury Report: 2018-2019

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Guillaume Lefrançois‏Compte certifié @glefrancoisLP 19 minil y a 19 minutes
Plus
#Habs On affiche complet ce matin à l'entraînement. JDLR a retrouvé ses coéquipiers

He's back with the team this morning. MTL will need to do a move pretty soon, we have too many forwards on the team right now and even Deslauriers return on the ice this week.

Who do you put on waivers? Scherbak? Plekanec? DLR?

Another option is to simply send KK back to Finland, which saves us one player, saves us a spot on the expansion protection list, and a contract space.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Another option is to simply send KK back to Finland, which saves us one player, saves us a spot on the expansion protection list, and a contract space.

Do you think Bergevin and Julien are ready to send Kotkaniemi now? I don't get that feeling at the moment.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
He did it only for the last 10 minutes in the 3rd period saturday, today he's back with Drouin and Armia at practice. They are trying to get Drouin going and they made some test while playing Domi and Peca also with Jonathan.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
He did it only for the last 10 minutes in the 3rd period saturday, today he's back with Drouin and Armia at practice. They are trying to get Drouin going and they made some test while playing Domi and Peca also with Jonathan.

The only way to get a player going is to put Gally on his line, if he really wanted to kick start Drouin, play Gally with him. Or I would have swapped Armia with Leky.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

KK and Drouin had good chemistry in camp so it could be a good idea.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

No effect on expansion list, J2K is exempt in 2020 when Seattle comes in.

Also his contract counted the minute he was signed, because only JUNIOR players under 20 don't count. Pro players under contract, whether in the AHL or Europe, count to the 50.

Reactions: Redux91

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
No effect on expansion list, J2K is exempt in 2020 when Seattle comes in.

Also his contract counted the minute he was signed, because only JUNIOR players under 20 don't count. Pro players under contract, whether in the AHL or Europe, count to the 50.

Why do you state things that are not true as facts?

Go check capfriendly to see if KK currently counts as part of the 50 contracts.

As for Seattle, they are not a sure thing for 2020, they could start in 2021, so you are wrong again.

As for Hudon and Shaw not being the 4th line, just to give me a good laugh, what line are they on according to you?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Dahlin should be sent back to Sweden too, considering the Sabres, like the Habs, aren't winning anything this season either.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Why do you state things that are not true as facts?

Go check capfriendly to see if KK currently counts as part of the 50 contracts.

As for Seattle, they are not a sure thing for 2020, they could start in 2021, so you are wrong again.

As for Hudon and Shaw not being the 4th line, just to give me a good laugh, what line are they on according to you?

I believe Seattle will come in in 2020, but even if not, I really don't like to delay a worthy player for a year in order to lose a different player in 2021. It sends the wrong message to the guys. The only reason to not play J2K in Montreal is if he is not good enough.

As for Cap Friendly, what you see there is a temporary anomaly. The contract does not count yet, because he has not played more than 10 games. If he is sent down to JUNIOR, the contract will not count, even if the Junior team is in Finland. However, if he plays PRO, whether in Finland on the AHL, his contract will count. You can check the NHL-NHLPA agreement or if you can't read legalese well, you can e-mail the owner of CapFriendly - your choice. The person stating incorrect things here is you, but you're not the only one to have made that mistake. We covered this last week.

As for Shaw and Hudon, my point is that playing with these guys does not qualify as playing with no-talent scrubs. Shaw is considered a 3rd liner in the NHL, and has played higher at times, and Hudon scored 30 points as a rookie. Both play the PP. J2K is not wasting his time playing with those guys, and I don't worry much what number the line is called.

Last edited:
Reactions: llamateizer

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Dahlin should be sent back to Sweden too, considering the Sabres, like the Habs, aren't winning anything this season either.

The difference with Dahlin and every other strong player teams have ever kept in the NHL, is that Hab fans aren't involved, so they have no psychological need to consciously throw the season so that they don't have to admit they cheer for a team that might fail involuntarily.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Dahlin is NHL ready. It’s a terrible comparison. And that’s not a knock on Kotkaniemi.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The difference with Dahlin and every other strong player teams have ever kept in the NHL, is that Hab fans aren't involved, so they have no psychological need to consciously throw the season so that they don't have to admit they cheer for a team that might fail involuntarily.

... My point was, mostly, that telling a player who is clearly good enough to make the team that he isn't, and, thus, taking away from him some earnings that he realll should be earning, isn't a good practice.

(Not saying JK shouldn't be returned -- but all signs points to him as a 15 minutes player in the NHL already. I MIGHT be wrong, mind you, but the guy seems to be clearly one of our best three centers. That makes him, well, ready.)

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I believe Seattle will come in in 2020, but even if not, I really don't like to delay a worthy player for a year in order to lose a different player in 2021. It sends the wrong message to the guys. The only reason to not play J2K in Montreal is if he is not good enough.

As for Cap Friendly, what you see there is a temporary anomaly. The contract does not count yet, because he has not played 10 games. If he is sent down to JUNIOR, the contract will not count., even if the Junior team is in Finland. However, if he plays PRO, whether in Finland on the AHL, his contract will count. You can check the NHL-NHLPA agreement or if you can't read legalese well, you can e-mail the owner of CapFriendly - your choice. The person stating incorrect things here is you, but you're not the only one to have made that mistake. We covered this last week.

As for Shaw and Hudon, my point is that playing with these guys does not qualify as playing with no-talent scrubs. Shaw is considered a 3rd liner in the NHL, and has played higher at times, and Hudon scored 30 points as a rookie. Both play the PP. J2K is not wasting his time playing with those guys, and I don't worry much what number the line is called.

This makes no sense at all, why would the Habs sign KK after he was drafted if he counted against the 50 contract limit if he was sent back to Finland at the start of the year? No way KK counts as a contract playing in Finland at 18 years old (if he plays less than 10 games in NHL).

Reactions: Redux91

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
This makes no sense at all, why would the Habs sign KK after he was drafted if he counted against the 50 contract limit if he was sent back to Finland at the start of the year? No way KK counts as a contract playing in Finland at 18 years old (if he plays less than 10 games in NHL).
Whether you think it makes sense or not, it is the rule. The rule differentiates between JUNIOR and PRO.

From the NHL-NHLPA Agreement:

"Reserve List" means the list of all Players to whom a Club has rights including
all Unsigned Draft Choices, all Players signed to an SPC (whether or not currently playing in the
NHL), and all Players who have signed an SPC but who have subsequently been returned to
Juniors. A Club may have on its Reserve List, at any one time, not more than 90 Players, which
shall include the following:
(a) Not more than 50 Players signed to an SPC and not less than 24 Players and 3
goalkeepers under an SPC. Age 18 and age 19 Players who were returned to Juniors, and who
have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player
limit.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Whether you think it makes sense or not, it is the rule. The rule differentiates between JUNIOR and PRO.

From the NHL-NHLPA Agreement:

"Reserve List" means the list of all Players to whom a Club has rights including
all Unsigned Draft Choices, all Players signed to an SPC (whether or not currently playing in the
NHL), and all Players who have signed an SPC but who have subsequently been returned to
Juniors. A Club may have on its Reserve List, at any one time, not more than 90 Players, which
shall include the following:
(a) Not more than 50 Players signed to an SPC and not less than 24 Players and 3
goalkeepers under an SPC. Age 18 and age 19 Players who were returned to Juniors, and who
have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player
limit.

That is not an official document, you are quoting from the Edmonton Oilers webpage. I will believe CapFriendly and Habsprospect webpages over the Edmonton Oilers webpage.

It makes absolutely no sense for European players 18 or 19 years old who have not played 10 NHL games to count against the 50 contract limit. It would make no sense at all if it did count against the 50 contract limit, for teams to sign them before they come over to play.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Dahlin was elite in the SHL while Kotkaniemi was good. Not sure where you are going with this.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004

Yeah, sure. Habs don't care about the contract limit. J2K isn't going back to Finland, nor is he going to the AHL. He's here to stay.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Dahlin was elite in the SHL while Kotkaniemi was good. Not sure where you are going with this.

My point is : it's a bad practice to cut a player who should, on merit, play at least 15 minutes a night because the Habs are not winning the Stanley Cup this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00