Injury Report: 2018-2019

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
That is not an official document, you are quoting from the Edmonton Oilers webpage. I will believe CapFriendly and Habsprospect webpages over the Edmonton Oilers webpage.

It makes absolutely no sense for European players 18 or 19 years old who have not played 10 NHL games to count against the 50 contract limit. It would make no sense at all if it did count against the 50 contract limit, for teams to sign them before they come over to play.

Geez, give it up! I am quoting from the NHL-NHLPA Agreement, in the definitions, on "Reserve List".

No one in the NHL cares what you think makes sense. There are many reasons you may not have thought of why teams sign promising athletes to professional contracts before their negotiation rights expire.

You may have noticed that indeed not many Europeans sign before they come over, and yet lo and behold, this one signed, and this one came over. Why? Because real NHL GMs don't try to make up reasons why NOT to put the best players on the team, and real NHL teams don't mind keeping a spot on the 50-man contract list for their #3 overall pick, whether he makes the team immediately or not. Why risk not signing him and losing him in 4 years? So that we can save room for Audette? Waked?? Addisson???

Finally, don't give me that you "believe CapFriendly" when I already explained to you why CapFriendly shows it that way, and that it is temporary.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Dahlin was elite in the SHL while Kotkaniemi was good. Not sure where you are going with this.

Where he was going is that he was responding to an argument to send J2K back because the Habs will not be contending for the Cup. The argument was not that the kid was not good enough.

Think about it, if the player is good enough to play if the team is contending, that should end all discussion, since contending teams don't play risky players!

If a player can produce with Drouin and Armia, or Byron and Lehkonen or Hudon and Shaw, and be solid in his own zone, and win a decent share of faceoffs, what the heck is the worry?

If he shows after a time that he can't keep up, then make a decision THEN about where to send him. Not now!

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Geez, give it up! I am quoting from the NHL-NHLPA Agreement, in the definitions, on "Reserve List".

No one in the NHL cares what you think makes sense. There are many reasons you may not have thought of why teams sign promising athletes to professional contracts before their negotiation rights expire.

You may have noticed that indeed not many Europeans sign before they come over, and yet lo and behold, this one signed, and this one came over. Why? Because real NHL GMs don't try to make up reasons why NOT to put the best players on the team, and real NHL teams don't mind keeping a spot on the 50-man contract list for their #3 overall pick, whether he makes the team immediately or not. Why risk not signing him and losing him in 4 years? So that we can save room for Audette? Waked?? Addisson???

Finally, don't give me that you "believe CapFriendly" when I already explained to you why CapFriendly shows it that way, and that it is temporary.

You are stating falsehoods again, most 1st round picks are signed to contracts.

I don't think the 50 contract limit is part of the NHL-NHLPA agreement, I think this is more of an NHL bylaw. I think it is a league rule to limit teams to not sign an infinite number of players. It is not part of the NHL-NHLPA agreement, and is briefly mentioned in the definition of the term "Reserve List". And nowhere in the reserve list definition does it mention about players not drafted from the junior league. I think the 50 contract rule is much more complicated than that small blurb, and must be fully outlined in a NHL document and not the NHL-NHLPA Agreement.

You are wrong about capfriendly too, go see other 1st round picks for European players and you will see that none count against the 50 contract limit, even though they were returned to their European Pro team.

Let's agree to disagree, I believe CapFriendly and Habsprospect website to be right, and you believe the small blurb in the definition of "reserve list" of the NHL-NHLPA Agreement to be the all encompassing rule.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen. That's the line.

No, Drouin needs space. Domi doesn't create that, KK does. This is why he's still here with the team. The issue is that KK and Drouin are both playmakers. Armia is not really a scorer. Lekhonen is.

Drouin - KK - Gallagher would also work, same reasons.

Drouin - KK - Scherbak would not work, Scherbak is another playmaker.

Drouin- KK - Hudon, might work if Hudon is told to shoot.

Drouin - Suzuki will be the real match down the line, as Suzuki can probably score more than KK.

What I'm proposing isn't even a big change:
Tatar - Domi - Gallagher
Drouin - KK - Lehkonen
Byron - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Peca - Shaw

This sparks my curiosity:
Tatar - Domi - Gallagher
Byron - KK - Lehkonen
Drouin- Danault - Hudon
Armia - Peca - Shaw

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
guess we'll see Pleks to IR and DLO back from IR. They will need to figure something out by the time Schlemko and Weber are back. Alzner, Benn, Mete, Ouellet, Juulsen, all fighting for the final 3 spots.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
guess we'll see Pleks to IR and DLO back from IR. They will need to figure something out by the time Schlemko and Weber are back. Alzner, Benn, Mete, Ouellet, Juulsen, all fighting for the final 3 spots.

Any reports on what happened to Pleks? I don't remember him getting hurt

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

I don't think Schlemko is a regular at all. Mete and Juulsen are not fighting for their spots. Even if they struggle in parts of this year, we have to know if they can reach the next level.

Petry-Weber-Rielly-Mete-Juulsen is the top 5, theres 1 spot between Ouellet, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko (2 if you count 7th)

I would waive Alzner. Schlemko will go right back to IR (lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
updated for Olofsson, read somewhere that Tyszka might be back soon and no word yet on McShane.

I checked on Twitter today and learned that although he hasn't been officially returned to Junior, he's in Seattle and with the Thunderbirds.

McShane missed a few games, then played one, and then missed the game on Sunday.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think Schlemko is a regular at all. Mete and Juulsen are not fighting for their spots. Even if they struggle in parts of this year, we have to know if they can reach the next level.

Petry-Weber-Rielly-Mete-Juulsen is the top 5, theres 1 spot between Ouellet, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko (2 if you count 7th)

I would waive Alzner. Schlemko will go right back to IR (lol)

If Shaw gets traded and D-lo gets sent down, we could go with 13 forwards even when Plekanec is healthy and 8 dmen.

If we're ever healthy, and only go with 7 dmen, it will be interesting to see who they choose between Ouellet, Benn, and Schlemko for the last 2 spots. Partly because of recent injury track record, I'd go with Ouellet and Benn.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
If Shaw gets traded and D-lo gets sent down, we could go with 13 forwards even when Plekanec is healthy and 8 dmen.

If we're ever healthy, and only go with 7 dmen, it will be interesting to see who they choose between Ouellet, Benn, and Schlemko for the last 2 spots. Partly because of recent injury track record, I'd go with Ouellet and Benn.

No chance in hell we'll ever have less than 8 ds with Bergevin....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad