Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Teams looking to get to the floor prefer back diving contracts. Can’t see the Sens helping out on Eaves.

Kesler has too much term to even think of buying out. Bob really needs to lean on Kesler to go the Robidas Island route...assuming the contract is insured, which it likely is.
I don't think they'd mind much since it's one year. Who knows though.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If draft picks were involved I wouldn't be comfortable moving him without the pick being set.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Silf at 6mil per is a big overpay. Can't even produce 60 points on a good year.
That said if they plan to do Jones/Rowney/Silf 3rd line next year i gotta admit it looks good despite the overpay. Rakell is the odd man out imo, the Lazy Swede needs a change of scenery. Is Rakell a partier ? He looks older than his age like alot of partiers do.

Shore i hope isn't on the team next year, trade him to NJ so he becomes Jersey Shore, would rather both Jones & Comtois are on the team.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm not nearly as upset that Silf stays as everyone. Every one of our forwards except he and to some extent Getzlaf looked much worse during our horrible stretches.

The plan seems to be that we are going to have to shed salary one way or another, so with all things being equal I'd rather pay silf than keep the other guys on the roster.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm not nearly as upset that Silf stays as everyone. Every one of our forwards except he and to some extent Getzlaf looked much worse during our horrible stretches.

The plan seems to be that we are going to have to shed salary one way or another, so with all things being equal I'd rather pay silf than keep the other guys on the roster.
Dump Shore on a team & trade Rakell ? Thats what i think they'll do as i can't see Murray trading his wonder boy Fowler.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

There's just no reason to keep him. We're not going to be a real contender during his last good years. We have so many wingers already with more on the way. We don't need to spend decent amount of money on B level players. We did that with Henrique and we're already trying to move it. Did the same with Fowler and everyone wants to move him. Giving guys like Silf large paydays is what puts us in bad cap spots. And if we're going to do spending money on B level players, rather it be on centers and defensemen than wingers.

Reactions: AngelDuck

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Dump Shore on a team & trade Rakell ? Thats what i think they'll do as i can't see Murray trading his wonder boy Fowler.
would be an absolutely stupid move to trade a two time 30+ goal scorer to keep a guy who's never broke 50 points. I'm back on the fire Murray train.

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
btw, the rumor is Silf wants 6 mil for 5, but Murray wants 4 years. term has always been the hold up, not AAV.

Honestly wouldn't want Silf at that AAV for any amount of time. There is going to be a log jam at RW next year and the last thing we need is another guy in his late 20s signing a 5mil+ contract.

Reactions: Trojans86

Quackattack

Feb 2, 2019
It is hard to use this season as a measuring stick. Does Silf's performance in an idiotic system (RC) resemble his performance in a successful system (next coach)? He is leading the team in goals and has been playing well in no system (no system > idiotic system). Unfortunately, there isnt much time to figure it all out...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'd take Rakell 10 times out of 10 over Silf and it's not even close to be honest.

A team that lacks goals and creativity shouldn't be trading a multiple 30 a year goal scorer for a guy who's cracked 20 twice (granted Silf is far better defensively).
I think its closer than we would like to be honest.

Reactions: Doothpick

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell sucks this year but you keep him over silf unless someone literally pays the moon

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Re-signing Silf would be one of the most ******ed decisions in recent times - especially at 6m.

Hopefully Silf stays firm at 5 years so he can save BM from himself.

Yeah, isn't that how the Beleskey deal finally fell apart? Bob offered 4x4 and Belesky walked only to get 19 across 5 I believe.

Agree Silf at $6 is bad on any term.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't think they'd mind much since it's one year. Who knows though.

That led me to think a little further and realize, his health history probably makes him a no go for any team. Not much value in having to pay two guys to play one position because one is always hurt.

I think next year is a transition year. They could make the playoffs but still not be a serious contender. If Bob sees it the same way, just keep Eaves. He's supposed to be a great guy and hard worker. Maybe he contributes there to help with the young guys.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I love Silf but Murray would be completely insane, and proven to have not learned from his mistakes, if he signs Silf for anything more than like 3/15, which is never happening. Silf is not the type of player you create room for given where the roster is at now.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad