Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The scouts thing, to me, is one of those speculations that is brought up so often that the statistical likelihood of it eventually being linked to an actual trade is about 100%. It just happens so often, that eventually it will be right.

But I don’t think it’s especially noteworthy. Blindfold me, and put a dart board in front of me and a shitload of darts. Eventually, I’ll hit a bullseye. But as far as results go, I will be neither accurate or precise.

Edit: Not criticizing others for believing it. I just don’t.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's too bad Sustr is hurt. I would've liked to have played him up until the TDL just for the miniscule chance that someone decides to give up 7th or something for him as depth.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Bob has previously said, guys sometimes get called up as a reward for their hard work and success in SD. Even if the don't play here they get an NHL check. I could see him doing that for guys vs using a roster spot for a guy like Sustr.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Looking at our roster and if we’re serious about some of these young guys getting roster spots next season; Shore and Silfverberg have to go. I assume Eaves will be bought out?

Which young guys seem nhl destined next year? Terry, Jones, and Comtois? Maybe Steel and Sherwood?

Reactions: Getz2perry

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Guys will come to camp and earn their way on to the roster. Many have shown flashes of success this year but that's far from locking up a spot next year. We've seen that movie plenty of times. Then there's always those injury recalls the Ducks are famous for. My guess would be maybe Terry and Jones for opening night. Sherwood could be on the 4th line.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Looking at our roster and if we’re serious about some of these young guys getting roster spots next season; Shore and Silfverberg have to go. I assume Eaves will be bought out?

Which young guys seem nhl destined next year? Terry, Jones, and Comtois? Maybe Steel and Sherwood?
Jones will at least make it as a PKing LW.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Problem is, do you want him to? He's only a first year pro and between suspensions and injuries he hasn't played a ton of games since being drafted. Overcooking him in the AHL isnt the worst option.
3rd line LW could be a fit for him especially if Shore moves to the 4th line or traded.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Jones and Terry barring massive regression are locks. Depending on whether Henrique is dealt or not Steel could also be here. I think Comtois was a nice surprise this season but also think the small sample size of production has skewed peoples perception of how NHL ready he is. I don't think he's a lock for next year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I think terry jones n comtois for sure.

Prob 1 of lundestrom or steel.

Sheerwood is a long shot imo, perr-kase-sprong-terry and rakell-ritchie-comtois-jones, shore.

Thats assuming silf is gone, and eaves is gone

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'd say noone is a lock. You have to outplay other players. It would not hurt Comtois to go to the AHL while being a callup. Steel, we will see. Terry and Jones are on the doorstep of being regulars here. I think Shore is a good piece. As is Silfverberg and I'd not deal one of them just because we have some players pushing. Silfverberg will be determined by his contract situation. This will be interesting 7 days.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I dreamt we acquired Vatrano, who currently plays for Florida, in a trade with Boston.. Do I qualify as an insider yet?

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
LW:
Rakell
Ritchie
Comtois
Jones
(Shore)
<FA?>

RW:
Perry
Kase
Sprong
Terry
(Eaves)

C:
Getzlaf
Henrique
Kesler
Rowney
<Steel>
<Rookie ‘20>

Unless I’m forgetting someone, that’s what our forward group could look like next year. I’m assuming Silf is traded, and I think Shore should be as well. Eaves should be bought out or dumped in a trade. And Bob will have his annual bargain bin bottom 6’er

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I would be pretty surprised if Steel was an NHL full-timer next year. He needs to show more as an offense-only C than he has so far in the AHL.

Terry is a lock, Jones has a pretty good chance, and Sherwood will spend the rest of his career doing the AHL/4th line shuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad