Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
“The usual suspects”

You mean like Toronto? Matthews(1st overall), Marner 4th overall, Reilly 4th overall, Nylander 8th overall,

How about Tampa Bay? Stamkos 1st overall, Hedman 2nd overall

Winnipeg - Laine 2nd overall, Ehlers 9th overall, Trouba 8th overall, Scheifle 7th,

Calgary - monahan 8th, Tkachuk 6th, Bennett 3rd

I won’t even go into Pittsburgh and Washington

The list goes on and on. This is not a post advocating a full scorched earth tear down and Edmonton situation. But it can be extremely beneficial to capitalize on a bad year or two every once in a while

And how long did it take? Toronto a decade or more, Winnipeg 5 years. Calgary like Toronto. PIT was lucky with Crosby, could have been the Ducks as well. Sid and Getzy at C would have been as good.

You mention one or two bad years and list teams that had multiple top 10 picks. Further more, most of them made an impact 2-3 years after the draft.

All I say is, it can work out to tank or it takes way more than 1or 2 years.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
And how long did it take? Toronto a decade or more, Winnipeg 5 years. Calgary like Toronto. PIT was lucky with Crosby, could have been the Ducks as well. Sid and Getzy at C would have been as good.

You mention one or two bad years and list teams that had multiple top 10 picks. Further more, most of them made an impact 2-3 years after the draft.

Don't even tease me bro :eek: Just think about all the cups!

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I wouldn't look too much into a scout being there, but if there's some smoke I'm not sure what it would be for. Rangers are a rebuilding team so they won't be giving up picks or prospects; and I'm not really sure what the Devils have for prospects that would be interesting for us. But we've made deals with the Devils in the past, so I maybe there's something there?

I just really hope Bob isn't looking at someone like Zucc or Hayes to help with a "playoff push."

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I usually don’t put much thought into scouts but I’m pretty sure we’ve scouted philly a few times the last few weeks. Nonis scouting one of their games tonight.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

The Ducks are better positioned than all of those teams were. We're starting out from a higher point in terms of assets. So in my opinion, it would not take as long.

I would like to know what you think should be done. Do you think the Ducks are a Stanley Cup contender next season by simply having a new coach? I don't.

Reactions: Getz2perry

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wouldn't look too much into a scout being there, but if there's some smoke I'm not sure what it would be for. Rangers are a rebuilding team so they won't be giving up picks or prospects; and I'm not really sure what the Devils have for prospects that would be interesting for us. But we've made deals with the Devils in the past, so I maybe there's something there?

I just really hope Bob isn't looking at someone like Zucc or Hayes to help with a "playoff push."
Bob has a lot of faults but that's not one of them. He knows when to be a seller. I trust that he'll move Silfverberg and no future assets will be expended. He's already moved out Cogs. He sees clear as day how bad the team has performed.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Bob has a lot of faults but that's not one of them. He knows when to be a seller. I trust that he'll move Silfverberg and no future assets will be expended. He's already moved out Cogs. He sees clear as day how bad the team has performed.

Not sure I agree with that. He should have sold in 2012 but kept everyone.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The Devils high 1st for Fowler + Silf ? Devils could re-sign Silf & make a big playoff push next while the Ducks have 2 top 10 picks in the 2019 draft & grab a Center & Dman (Turcotte/Krebs/Newhook/Zegras + Byram/Broberg/Soderstrom)

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
The Devils high 1st for Fowler + Silf ? Devils could re-sign Silf & make a big playoff push next while the Ducks have 2 top 10 picks in the 2019 draft & grab a Center & Dman (Turcotte/Krebs/Newhook/Zegras + Byram/Broberg/Soderstrom)

Would need a LOT more than that coming back for both of them.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What....just a first? Lol

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What....just a first? Lol
Don't know the names of their prospects. They could bottom out at the end of the season & it becomes the 2nd overall pick or that pick wins the lottery & its the 1st overall, small chance but still.
Is Fowler worth a top 5 pick at the deadline that could turn into the 1st overall should NJ finish poorly & the pick wins the lottery ? He's 27, having worst season of his career, signed long term & last 4 years he's missed alot of games.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Fowler and silf would make their team a lot better without losing anything

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
that's an awful return for us.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Don't know the names of their prospects. They could bottom out at the end of the season & it becomes the 2nd overall pick or that pick wins the lottery & its the 1st overall, small chance but still.
if they add Fowler and Silf, they won't be a bottom 5 team, they'll probably not even be a bottom 10 team.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Fowler and silf would make their team a lot better without losing anything
You mean without them having Kakko or Cozens ? If they finish with the 3rd worst record that pick could win the lottery & it means losing out on Hughes. Silf might not even re-sign.
Ur massively overrating Fowler.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Not sure I agree with that. He should have sold in 2012 but kept everyone.
That's true but I don't think he backed himself to a point where guys lost value/guys walked away for nothing. I could be misremembering.

At the end of the day, he got the return he wanted for Bobby, old Viz was moved for a decent pick. Beauch had just been reacquired the year before so I doubt they were going to move him again. There really just wasn't much talent on that team. Looking at the roster is crazy.

Lydman and Koivu probably should have been dealt though.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
if they add Fowler and Silf, they won't be a bottom 5 team, they'll probably not even be a bottom 10 team.
Fowler won't make much improvement for them this year the way he has played.
Butcher is playing alot better this year for them than Fowler in Anaheim. Silf is still hurt, wouldn't be surprised he's going to play thru an injury so he can be traded.
Fowler & Silf isn't going to move them out of the bottom 10 with who they got behind the net.

Fowler + Silf for NJ's 1st + prospects (don't know the name of their prospects).
So many Fowler homers on this board lmao. Looking at the main board people want Lindholm/Manson/Montour the most out of the Ducks D but on here Fowler holds so much value & many on the main board are aware of Fowlers age + contract & aren't as high on him as here.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
that's an awful return for us.
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think it is. Silf is a rental. You are likely getting a 2nd + a meh prospect for him. Maybe a 1st in the 25-30 range if it all breaks right for you. Fowler's value is extremely tough to gauge

The Devils are currently the 4h worst team in hockey. That pick has a pretty good chance of being top 5.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You mean without them having Kakko or Cozens ? If they finish with the 3rd worst record that pick could win the lottery & it means losing out on Hughes. Silf might not even re-sign.
Ur massively overrating Fowler.
You're weren't proposing an off season trade, Silf re-signing or not would have no barrings on their standings this season. You're also extremely underrating Fowler, the guy who acted as our #1 D for us when we were one of the leagues top teams; Fowler alone would help them tremendously. Probably not a playoff team, but certainly not a bottom 3 team.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Fowler won't make much improvement for them this year the way he has played.
Butcher is playing alot better this year for them than Fowler in Anaheim. Silf is still hurt.
Fowler & Silf isn't going to move them out of the bottom 10

Fowler + Silf for NJ's 1st + prospects (don't know the name of their prospects).
So many Fowler homers on this board lmao.

By that logic, no one outside of Gibson would help any team they way they've played this season. It's funny how people will blame Randy for how bad some players are, but with Fowler it's just because he's sucks and no chance of playing anywhere else will help him. Silf was also on the 2nd line during practice so he's not hurt anymore.

I don't count one season for Fowler where he's missed time for a broken face and was playing well before that and coming back to a team where nearly everyone is having their worst years and expecting him to play better with a new coach and system as being a homer. But some folks here need a new whipping boy since Bieksa is gone, and now the honor is Fowler's. No point in arguing with people about it anymore. Hate him now, but if he does get moved don't be shocked he ends up being a fantastic player for another team. (Palms, Vats, Theo 2.0?)

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think it is. Silf is a rental. You are likely getting a 2nd + a meh prospect for him. Maybe a 1st in the 25-30 range if it all breaks right for you. Fowler's value is extremely tough to gauge

The Devils are currently the 4h worst team in hockey. That pick has a pretty good chance of being top 5.

That pick won't be that low if they add Fowler and Silf to their team. Fowler is still a top 4 guy who has handled top pairing minutes well in his career, despite how some people feel about him he's still a good quality player. He won't make them a playoff team, but I don't see how they remain a bottom 5 or 10 team with them.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Look at the return Muzzin just fetched. Fowler is a much better defenseman than him, younger, and is signed long-term.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Muzzin is a little better than Fowler, but Fowler is younger and signed longer, similar values imo.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad