2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
There has to be some video or picture proof that there was space between his skate and the blue line to overturn that. Has to be without a doubt since it wasn't called offsides on the ice.

You're allowed to have one foot in the blue and the other in the zone and it's not offsides. that's what it looked like to me, he still has part of the left boot on the line. Sharks get another lucky break.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
You're allowed to have one foot in the blue and the other in the zone and it's not offsides. that's what it looked like to me, he still has part of the left boot on the line. Sharks get another lucky break.
That's how it looked to me too. And even if not, there's no way you can see any space between his foot and the blue line with the views we saw.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
There is supposedly an angle that exists that shows his skate just slightly off the ice, despite being on the blue line. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it was enough to overturn a huge goal in a game 7.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Up to the Blues, Canes, or Bruins.

Blues and Bruins I think have a chance. Both teams have good depth and Defense. Blues have Brayden Schenn as their top center so I really don't trust any team with a second or third tier center as your number one. Just look at the Rangers 2014 and devils 2012. Tarasenko has to score or else the Sharks are gonna get through them with ease. Bruins are the only team I believe that has a real chance of taking down the sharks but I f**kin hate everything Boston so hope they get smoked by the Canes. The writing is on the wall this is the Sharks year everything is just going their way. You can see it a mile away. Just watch they'll get the Canes and then beat them. Hate to say it. However, it's been a crazy playoffs this year so anything can happen I guess.

Reactions: Faterson

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
FWIW

Offsides challenge is such trash. Always has been. Was always an overreaction to that Duchene goal which had the officials not doing their job, not a trend of officials not being able to do their job well, and more often than not, it's used to back up the play to some irrelevant play on the goal that happened two minutes before. Brutal. Spirit of the rule is long gone, linesmen are really really f***ing good at what they do for the most part.

Fun series though, Avs gonna be a pain for a long time, at least now the Sharks are making enemies around the league instead of just being the cute harmless chokers. People finally rooting against them.

Go Blues!

Edit; hahah jumped over to the playoff forum and congrats to this OP from April: Calling it now: That STUPID offside replay rule is the new "foot in the crease"

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
also, if it's was a touch up offside, once you touch the line it's no longer offsides. his skate was on the line.
Why does he have to touch up on an offsides if he’s within 10 feet of the bench going for a change? Either he’s legally changing and not one of the 5 skaters on the ice, or he isn’t and it too many men. The rules are contradictory.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Why does he have to touch up on an offsides if he’s within 10 feet of the bench going for a change? Either he’s legally changing and not one of the 5 skaters on the ice, or he isn’t and it too many men. The rules are contradictory.

It was a delayed offside i guess. The reason now is, he was going onto the bench through the door, which is in the zone, thus making him offside. with both feet off the ice in order to get through the door, and still in the zone, he's now offside. Yeah, pretty stupid.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
FWIW

Offsides challenge is such trash. Always has been. Was always an overreaction to that Duchene goal which had the officials not doing their job, not a trend of officials not being able to do their job well, and more often than not, it's used to back up the play to some irrelevant play on the goal that happened two minutes before. Brutal. Spirit of the rule is long gone, linesmen are really really ****ing good at what they do for the most part.

Fun series though, Avs gonna be a pain for a long time, at least now the Sharks are making enemies around the league instead of just being the cute harmless chokers. People finally rooting against them.

Go Blues!

Edit; hahah jumped over to the playoff forum and congrats to this OP from April: Calling it now: That STUPID offside replay rule is the new "foot in the crease"

The rule def hurts the game - to your point, linesman rarely get it wrong, and the advantage of being slightly offside is not a sufficient hardship to the 'victim' team to award overturning a goal.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Sharks get until Saturday to rest and get to stay at home. Remember when the Kings had to fly to Chicago and play game 1 about 36 hours after they played game 7?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Of the guys left since they lost to the Kings 2014:

Couture, 54 GP, 25g, 34a, 59pts
Burns, 54 GP, 15g, 33a, 48pts
Pavelski, 48 GP, 21g, 20a, 41pts
Hertl, 50 GP, 21g, 15a, 36pts
Thornton, 41 GP, 5g, 24a, 29pts
Vlasic, 52 GP, 4g, 19a, 23pts
Braun, 54 GP, 2g, 8a, 10pts

That's what they've done come playoff time. Included is a trip to the Final, and of course one more trip to at least the 3rd round. And a 3-0 playoff record in LA, with a series clincher as the 3rd win. Yeah, the Kings sure did break them.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Im sure its just me but I think this will be a common theme with the Avs.. they are just not physical enough and their defensemen lack the size, physicality and mobility to clear the crease and punish opposing forwards... Giradi and Makar are great but wheres the beef??
Also, Tyson Berrie really stepped up and put some skill on display

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Im sure its just me but I think this will be a common theme with the Avs.. they are just not physical enough and their defensemen lack the size, physicality and mobility to clear the crease and punish opposing forwards... Giradi and Makar are great but wheres the beef??
Also, Tyson Berrie really stepped up and put some skill on display

I think they had some bite on the blueline with Zadorov leading the way with hits, and with Erik Johnson and Ian Cole.

They certainly do need more depth up front though.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think they had some bite on the blueline with Zadorov leading the way with hits, and with Erik Johnson and Ian Cole.

They certainly do need more depth up front though.

They seemed predicatble, at least in my eyes... As soon as they tighten the screws they had zero response, It wouldnt surprise me at all to see them pick up a big guy at #4 Dach or Cozens and a big defenseman with their pick Seider or Harley..

And of course they got robbed on the offsides call... I know why the rule was set in play but them are the breaks as they say... it should not be reviewable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad