2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Im sure its just me but I think this will be a common theme with the Avs.. they are just not physical enough and their defensemen lack the size, physicality and mobility to clear the crease and punish opposing forwards... Giradi and Makar are great but wheres the beef??
Also, Tyson Berrie really stepped up and put some skill on display
Muzzin would have been a good fit for the Avs. Stay-at-home physical defensemen who can adequately move the puck will become available to Colorado via the UFA and trade market.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Muzzin would have been a good fit for the Avs. Stay-at-home physical defensemen who can adequately move the puck will become available to Colorado via the UFA and trade market.

I remember posting that and people laughed saying he was too old, slow and wouldnt help.... they could have had Muzzin for Tyson B. and their 1st, but they probably thought it was too much..

Like you said, a skilled big guy will always beat a skilled little guy

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
If San Jose doesn't win a cup until after Thornton retires, then the Kings did their job in 2013 and 2014.

Never break dance on another team's home ice after winning a Round 1 series, especially when the Kings were missing Kopitar.

I still just can’t fathom how people prefer our most significant rival of the past fifteen years winning the Cup to an upstart cocky franchise in their second season. But whatever.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I still just can’t fathom how people prefer our most significant rival of the past fifteen years winning the Cup to an upstart cocky franchise in their second season. But whatever.
I understand how some people are annoyed with Vegas fans, but imagine between Vegas, San Jose, and Anaheim; give me Vegas.

Imagine the enormous wave of schadenfreude Kings fans would feel if Vegas won a cup before San Jose won their first, or Anaheim their second.

Of course, I am perfectly ok with this happening in 10 years after the Kings win their third cup. Get on it Blake!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

I care more about the Ducks than San Jose. Both Vegas and Anaheim directly impact me more at the moment due to the Vegas assholes at Staples and growing up and still working in Orange County.

While San Jose may have been the Kings biggest rival during the first part of this decade, it is a real stretch to say they are our most significant rival of the past 15 years. Even during the first half of this decade, the Ducks were generally good and those games were real events. Sure, we played San Jose in the playoffs three times but they also played VAN and STL 2x as well as Chicago. The former two featured pretty heated games during the first half of the decade as well.

For me, the SJ "rivalry" has been shit since 2015. They've smoked us pretty much every time until this past season, funnily enough. Even then, the reverse sweep and two Cups makes it not matter. Them winning would suck and would really soften the sting of the reverse sweep for them, but I really don't want to hear Vegas fans talking about how it only took them two years to win one v. 40+.

I still hate SJ, no doubt. Their fans have been gut punched so many times though that I preferred to roll the dice that they would choke again v. pulling for Vegas with its 1-for-1 record as far as making the SCF.

I'm still comfortable with my stance, even if SJ wins the whole thing. I'll just assume Vegas would have instead and that would infuriate me. I'd like 20 years of misery, at least, before Vegas gets one.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
giphy.gif

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Yea, that non call for interference on Svechnikov was brutal. But Marchand is having a hell of a game. Might be the conn smythe winner if the Bs go all the way.

Justin Falk looks like a coked up Drew Doughty.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
You guy do realize that Boston flipped Jones back into our division when DL wanted him moved to the east to prevent sj from getting him, right? Sj success has been because of that deal. f*** Boston!

Reactions: Fifth Marauder

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I mean yeah, **** Boston but SJ success? What success?

let me rephrase that. They've had more success than they Kings since the trade. With Jones, they beat the Kings in 2016, they've made it to the cup final and now another wcf. For years they lacked a quality goalie until they got Jones. He hasn't won them a cup, but he's helped them get where they are .

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You guy do realize that Boston flipped Jones back into our division when DL wanted him moved to the east to prevent sj from getting him, right? Sj success has been because of that deal. **** Boston!

If Jones wins a cup it will just be bleepin cherry on top.

The Kings have made some horrendous trades over the years, and it certainly isn't the worst Kings trade of all-time but it's definitely in a good spot in the team picture. Just shows how clueless the previous regime was, trading that much for a slug in a league going towards speed.

And as far as reffing, I am normally the one in here defending the refs, but this playoffs has been the worst I can ever remember for officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad