Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
You know something that never really gets talked about but I think is amazing? Is that the Blues didn’t pick up anyone who played in the playoffs at the trade deadline. It seems like everyone that wins loads up at the trade deadline but the Blues didn’t. I sort of wish it would get talked about more.
The Blues usually don’t add at the deadline anymore. It feels like they stopped ever since the Ryan Miller fail.

On the flip side, most teams in the central made a big move, the Jets traded a 1st for Hayes and Dallas traded away a couple of picks for Zucc. One of those picks would have been a 1st if they won game 7.

I will just copy and past what Nashville did....and acquired Brian Boyle, Cody McLeod, Wayne Simmonds, and Mikael Granlund.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ahh those "you look nervous" chants and the embarrassing attempt to portray Binnington as racist for a stupid joked tweeted years prior. f***ing embarrassing, Winnipeg.

So many "turning points" or moments that seemed to propel them deeper into the playoffs. Schwartz's goal in the dying seconds in game 5 in Winnipeg has to be among the top moments because those things just never happen for the Blues. We're never on the right side of those. Down 2-0 going into the third after losing the previous two games at home. That's where previous teams crumbled. Schwartz had a lackluster regular season, but that goal alone was worth the 5+M Stillman and Co. paid him last year, never mind the other 11 he scored in the playoffs. Man what a moment.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Watching game 7 live I thought it was weird when Doc said the Blues at the bench looked grim with 1 minute left. Right before he started speaking the camera showed the bench with Barbashev yelling because he was pumped up. He then doubled down by saying all the Blues coaches had seen a comeback from a 3 goal lead in the final minute of a game.

I’ve searched a fair amount and I can’t find anywhere a team came back from a 3 goal deficit in the final minute of a game.

It was kind of a weird series of his thoughts.

The next break came with :52 seconds left. He then rattles off some games after Berube took over that the Blues got beat by a wide margin.

Maybe it seems weirder to me because I’m accustomed to the National media’s track record concerning the Blues. It’s still weird every time I watch game 7.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Hey, could anyone with access to Game 7 find the clip of Chief being interviewed in-game from the bench where he mentions "work ethic & simplicity"? I was captivated by his statement during and after the game, but cannot find it anywhere on the internet. If not a video clip, could you please at least post the exact quote? Thanks.

CupHungry

Aug 30, 2019
I love watching Petro grab that Cup because he barely has it before he's looking to get it to JayBo. No long skate, he's thinking of his brothers.

Reactions: dutchblues

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I love watching Petro grab that Cup because he barely has it before he's looking to get it to JayBo. No long skate, he's thinking of his brothers.
It was cool to see after the obligatory “f***ing rights” his next words were “Where’s Bo?”

Reactions: CupHungry

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Hey, could anyone with access to Game 7 find the clip of Chief being interviewed in-game from the bench where he mentions "work ethic & simplicity"? I was captivated by his statement during and after the game, but cannot find it anywhere on the internet. If not a video clip, could you please at least post the exact quote? Thanks.

btw ESPN's "Quest for the Stanley Cup" was awesome!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I just watched it AGAIN. And I just cried AGAIN!!
Whatta p***y cried.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad