Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

hockensm77

Feb 21, 2015
I totally get it's the Stanley Cup etc.... but as an owner of a laser engraving business, the aesthetics of the actual engraving are horribad.

I was thinking the exact same thing, as someone who does letterpress printing. I'm all for the imperfection of handmade things but that caught me by surprise!

Reactions: Spektre

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I can definitely understand those reactions, especially when the printing in the image is viewed in isolation with no context.

If you were standing there with the Cup comparing the Blues section to all the other team engravings, though, I think something that looked "neat" would probably stand out like a sore thumb.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I can definitely understand those reactions, especially when the printing in the image is viewed in isolation with no context.

If you were standing there with the Cup comparing the Blues section to all the other team engravings, though, I think something that looked "neat" would probably stand out like a sore thumb.

Completely agree.... I got to see the Cup and take pics a few weeks ago. I understand the whole historic relevance of the Cup but I'm not sure why the league has held onto the same form of engraving. Perhaps Phil Pritchard would know?? The only way to make the entire thing look uniform would be to re-engrave all the other rings etc. which I'm sure nobody sees happening lol

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
You know who has to be thankful we won? The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

:laugh:

Dodged a bullet, didn't they?

I brought that up to hockey friends in the days following game 7. I’m certain that leaked page would have become a story that grew legs especially since the team was “cursed”. As it stands it’s mostly forgotten.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Great pic from the Keeper of the Cup

EDu0bntWkAAuyzg.jpg

This pic made my damn week

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I brought that up to hockey friends in the days following game 7. I’m certain that leaked page would have become a story that grew legs especially since the team was “cursed”. As it stands it’s mostly forgotten.
The P-D can still FOAD for so many reasons beyond f***ing up and releasing that image.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I don't know about you people but I will NEVER STOP CELEBRATING THIS CUP WIN!

Stanley Cup Champions.

First they tried to character assassinate Binny. Then they thought they would intimidate him by dressing a bunch of Canadians in white t-shirts and get them to yell real loud. Pfft. Gtfo Winnipeg Canadians in white t-shirts.

Then we faced the Dallas No Respects where we were told we were "cocky" and "arrogant". Strawmen were everywhere, I can only infer they have a production plant in Dallas. But "they almost beat us" and don't you forget it.

Then we faced the saltiest bunch of crybabies on the seven seas who told us Ivan Barbashev was actually a baby eating demon! Jack Sparrow laughed at his team's undeserved OT win and as it turns out that was a bad idea. Blues came out next game and dominated them. That was good. That was so, so good. So Jack Sparrow took his teal wearing buddies(the ones Ivan Barbashev hadn't killed) and left a trail of sad tears on his way back to Cali-forn-i-a.

Then we killed that f***ing bear and ate it, that's our Cup you filthy ursid.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’ve watched YouTube highlight vids of game 7 against the Bruins at least 25 times and highlights of the entire playoffs at least a dozen times. It never gets old.

Reactions: brokeu91 and shmotz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad