Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yes! My buddy!
Congrats, must feel good, you guys are a humble bunch here, after all the nonsense i said about your team, all Ive gotten is a nice respone from you guys. Really not what i was expecting.

I laugh at some other fans on this site who think what the Blues just did is a one time thing. Pretty young team, or in their primes at least. Maybe a lot rest on Binnington (the non fascist lol) shoulders but what a deep team up and down, those guys are just gonna OOZE ocnfidence now which will make them tougher to play against

Reactions: Bluenatic

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm watching Game 7 again as I post this reply, our boys are the Stanley Cup Champions!!
My wife had a minor procedure earlier this week and the first thing she asked the nurse as she was coming to from the anesthesia was if the Blues had really won the Stanley Cup or if she just dreamt it while she was under. And that's why I love her. :laugh:

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
I have an Nhl.tv subscription and watched all our winning games from the start of the playoffs through the end. There were so many great moments I had forgotten about, including Bortuzzo's backhander in Game 2 against the Sharks. Took me like two weeks to watch all of them, but was super cool. Also, all the Away broadcasts were Sportsnet Canada, and was such a pleasure to listen to their commentary compared to NBCSN.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I'm watching Game 7 again as I post this reply, our boys are the Stanley Cup Champions!!
My wife is out today. So, guess what I am doing?

As we speak there is 12:10 left in the second, and the Blues are up 2-0. I doubt that I will ever get tired of watching this game.

One of these days I'll figure ut how to get this file copied from the Tivo to the computer and in a standard video format.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Do you remember when Brent Burns got Scooby-Doo feet and fell down right before we scored? Yeah that was awesome, I giggle uncontrollably every time that highlight is on.

Stanley Cup Champions people, Stanley Cup Champions.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007

You might say that was the turning point of the series.

Ayyy there it is! Looking good Brent, you are forever Scooby-Doo feet you f***ing wookie. Thanks Ranksu and yeah it did seem to be a turning point.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Mar 6, 2012
I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere... but on the Petro's goal in the first period, should Tarasenko have gotten an assist?

It's not entirely clear on the TV broadcast how the puck moves up the ice, but it sure looked to me like he pushed it forward with his hand or maybe even his stick. He was down on the ice at the time and it just sort of popped out of the scrum. Unfortunitally, there aren't a lot of angles on this part, but it was this play that really got the whole rush started and I don't think he gets any credit for it.

Do hand passes not count as assists? If you push the puck out of the defensive zone with your hand and it goes down the ice for a goal, are you awarded an assist? Did something else happen to push the puck forward?

Anyone have a better angle?

EDIT: You know what, I just watched it like 5 times in a row and now I think that it was just a terrible pass by Pastrnak.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere... but on the Petro's goal in the first period, should Tarasenko have gotten an assist?

It's not entirely clear on the TV broadcast how the puck moves up the ice, but it sure looked to me like he pushed it forward with his hand or maybe even his stick. He was down on the ice at the time and it just sort of popped out of the scrum. Unfortunitally, there aren't a lot of angles on this part, but it was this play that really got the whole rush started and I don't think he gets any credit for it.

Do hand passes not count as assists? If you push the puck out of the defensive zone with your hand and it goes down the ice for a goal, are you awarded an assist? Did something else happen to push the puck forward?

Anyone have a better angle?

EDIT: You know what, I just watched it like 5 times in a row and now I think that it was just a terrible pass by Pastrnak.

It’s impossible to see with the camera angle but I’d agree it looks like Pasta backhanded it to the point

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
You mean RACIST Jordan Binnington. Wow that seems like a long time ago.

Lol this post season was epic and I had forgotten entirely about the circumstances behind the 'Whiteout' in all the excitement. I just remember being assured that crowd noise in Winnipeg is special, and very scary for professional athletes who evidently crumble under the supernatural pressure. And also scary white t-shirts. Of course, I mean how else would you intimidate a guy who couldn't possibly care less.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol this post season was epic and I had forgotten entirely about the circumstances behind the 'Whiteout' in all the excitement. I just remember being assured that crowd noise in Winnipeg is special, and very scary for professional athletes who evidently crumble under the supernatural pressure. And also scary white t-shirts. Of course, I mean how else would you intimidate a guy who couldn't possibly care less.
It is quite funny thinking back to game 1 against the Jets. The “you look nervous” chant.

If only they knew what was about to unfold. That Binnington would eventually be playing in game 7 of the Cup Final and still didn’t look nervous in that game. Instead, he put on an epic show.

What a guy. I will always love Jordan Binnington no matter what. He is an icon and proved so many people wrong.

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
You know something that never really gets talked about but I think is amazing? Is that the Blues didn’t pick up anyone who played in the playoffs at the trade deadline. It seems like everyone that wins loads up at the trade deadline but the Blues didn’t. I sort of wish it would get talked about more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad