Post-Game Talk: 2018/2019 Stanley Cup Champions! St. Louis Blues!

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Congrats Blues fans for your victory. Much deserved victory. I know a lotta ya probably dont care but I feel like an idiot for all my posts against your team and just really going all in for your loss that I couldnt see what was OBVIOUS and that was a championship team before our eyes. I went WAY too far WAY too many times and is nothing any of you did to me personally, but im ashamed of it. I got my eyes opened during the Sharks series whose ANOTHER team i didnt like and thought i found myself thinking you guys deserved it over them esp after that one OT game that was robbed from you haha that was wierd

Anyways i told Canucks fans on our board that Id quit posting here if the Blues won the cup this year and they DID win the cup but i realize making statements like that are equally stupid as i enjoy posting here and not gonna stop because the team i USE to not like won the cup.

Congrats, great victory, great team there in St Louis, is my pick for the 2020 cup as of now :nod:

Yes! My buddy!

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Congrats Blues fans for your victory. Much deserved victory. I know a lotta ya probably dont care but I feel like an idiot for all my posts against your team and just really going all in for your loss that I couldnt see what was OBVIOUS and that was a championship team before our eyes. I went WAY too far WAY too many times and is nothing any of you did to me personally, but im ashamed of it. I got my eyes opened during the Sharks series whose ANOTHER team i didnt like and thought i found myself thinking you guys deserved it over them esp after that one OT game that was robbed from you haha that was wierd

Anyways i told Canucks fans on our board that Id quit posting here if the Blues won the cup this year and they DID win the cup but i realize making statements like that are equally stupid as i enjoy posting here and not gonna stop because the team i USE to not like won the cup.

Congrats, great victory, great team there in St Louis, is my pick for the 2020 cup as of now :nod:

Hell froze over twice in one summer!

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

HOW IN THE f*** DID I MISS THIS?!

I can’t believe my eyes.

I always admired your consistency, I have to say. I also give you credit for owning up to it.

I honestly thought Dizee would admit he was wrong about something before this ever happened.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
I don't care if it costs me 200 bucks, I am not missing that ceremony.
We should raise it against the Blackhawks. And we could raise it to where it was hovering over their bench. And then we could lower it a few times each period so it accidentally bumps a few of the Hawks player's heads. Then we could just leave it dangling in front of their faces for the duration of the game. The Sharks or Bruins would also be a good fit for this ceremony. :laugh:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We should raise it against the Blackhawks. And we could raise it to where it was hovering over their bench. And then we could lower it a few times each period so it accidentally bumps a few of the Hawks player's heads. Then we could just leave it dangling in front of their faces for the duration of the game. The Sharks or Bruins would also be a good fit for this ceremony. :laugh:
Nashville. :naughty:

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Who is this @Neddam ot Sehguh Canuck fan hating Blues? Isn't Vancouver currently team who hasn't won Stanley Cup since 1970-71 season? And looks like their fans can't even decide are they going to tank or go all-in? Poor Canucks fans.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm not even really sure what Toews is saying here. People are upset but it almost sounds like he's saying that we're a much better team than we showed at the beginning of the season so he isn't giving us credit for the turnaround because we're actually a good team and not some Cinderella story. No clue.

upload_2019-7-26_13-26-56.png

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
I'm not even really sure what Toews is saying here. People are upset but it almost sounds like he's saying that we're a much better team than we showed at the beginning of the season so he isn't giving us credit for the turnaround because we're actually a good team and not some Cinderella story. No clue.

View attachment 246587

We don't have the context behind the quote. It might make a lot more sense if we knew how the convo led up to that point. Regardless, I have no problem with it. You aren't supposed to be happy about it when your rival wins the cup.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We don't have the context behind the quote. It might make a lot more sense if we knew how the convo led up to that point. Regardless, I have no problem with it. You aren't supposed to be happy about it when your rival wins the cup.

I honestly don't have a problem with it either. I was trying to figure why so many people did. Internet I suppose.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I assume we aren’t getting the full story on what Toes said. The guy has always been a spoiled brat that whines on the ice non stop but to say that winning the cup is no big deal makes no sense.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH

View attachment 246587

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I guess Toes had to take time in the offseason to serve it up on a platter for local media. Because they missed the playoffs, and he isn’t in the news for hitting a pole with his car, or Kane for assaulting a hometown cabbie.

Reactions: shmotz and brokeu91

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
I think the quote is sort of out of context, it sounds to me like he knew the team was good from the start and just had to get it's crap together, not that it was some Cinderella story of a scrappy underdog going the distance which is the narrative. As much as I like that narrative, I had the same view. I was bullish on the team even when we were terrible. I don't see his quote as being insulting.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
With context, that’s certainly possible - it’s also possible he wasn’t - but I really don’t care either way.

Even with only the quote you can tell it was a compliment and coming from someone whom I sincerely hope hates us. He was saying it wasn't shocking that we won because we should have been a contender the entire time and that the only thing shocking was how bad we were at the start of the season.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

We all have common ground on hating the Sharks!

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad