Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Dorion said they took Tkachuk because of character, even though they felt there were players with more skill still available.

That's a yikes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion said they took Tkachuk because of character, even though they felt there were players with more skill still available.

That's a yikes.

How Mann has described Tkachuk more completely describes what he brings along with character.. Dorion says crap .. character... room is broken, room is fixed .. don't hang off one thing like that.. Tkachuk was chose for the package he brings . Character is one positive trait.. not The trait

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

That's a yikes.
Where have I heard that before?

They took him because that's who Melnyk wanted. It's the same as every other move the team makes.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

That's a yikes.

For what it's worth, he followed by saying they wanted the whole package. And Tkachuk is that in there eyes.

Which is the same thing people are arguing.

Zadina ( more offensive skill ) vs Brady Tkachuk ( whole package ).

Also more skill doesn't mean they are 20-30 pts better in their eyes. It all depend on what you prefer when it come to build a team.

Reactions: aragorn and coladin

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I have never subscribed to the idea Zadina has more functional offensive skill than Brady. Sure, Zadina may navigate through practice cones with the best of them and dominate at the junior level, but he will have a hard time translating those skills at the NHL. He got lit up in the rookie tournament with his head down, cutting across the middle, which was his patent move in the CHL. Detroit fans in their reviews have already mentioned Zadina doesn't use his teammates well. Zadina was also outplayed by Velano.

It is okay. We picked the right guy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

That's a yikes.
The Senators took Tkachuk because he was the BEST player available period & he proved that at the rookie tournament against his peers again that he was head & shoulders better than almost everyone else at the tournament. He may not get as many goals or assists as others but he is a better all around hockey player who will make the team better & the players he plays with better. He's got the total package, he's got good size, good offensively, good defensively, hard to play against, agitator, plays a tough in your face game, great in front of the net & screening goalies, he will do things that will help others to score, good in the corners & along the boards, he hits ... hard, he's great in the room & he's got great character. He checks all the boxes & is the kind of player who can beat a team numerous ways & play any kind of game they throw at him. Some players disappear when the going gets tough, Tkachuk won't, he'll thrive in that environment IMO.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think the Sens are done dealing, I assume that whoever else they try & trade next they might add a player or two from this deal & add it to another deal to get a better return. But then again it's EM/PD making the deals so there's that. Just when you though this franchise had hit rock bottom this owner/GM find a way to make things worse. :thumbd: All of a sudden some of my EK trade proposals don't look so bad. :thumbu:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Hey!

Remember Perron? We gave him up too.

Because we need prospects and youth going forward.

I bet we insisted on including Rodewald, Perron or Paul. We have too many AHL forwards as is. Perron scored 10 goals in 112 AHL games and never seemed like a priority prospect for the team. Not saying he’s hopeless but I think the team was happy to be rid of his contract.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Where have I heard that before?

They took him because that's who Melnyk wanted. It's the same as every other move the team makes.

I don’t think Melnyk had much influence on the draft pick selection. Draft picks are done by Dorion and the scouting department. I have no major complaints with the selection of Tkachuk as I thought he and Zadina were probably virtually equal in value at pick number 4.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think the Sens are done dealing, I assume that whoever else they try & trade next they might add a player or two from this deal & add it to another deal to get a better return. But then again it's EM/PD making the deals so there's that. Just when you though this franchise had hit rock bottom this owner/GM find a way to make things worse. :thumbd: All of a sudden some of my EK trade proposals don't look so bad. :thumbu:

The strategy changes depending on Melnyk’s need for cash. The implementation of the strategy is done by Dorion. DOOMED!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
So after this our prospect pool at the top end basically looks like...

LW: Tkachuk, Formenton, Balcers
C: Brown, Chlapik, Norris
RW: White, Batherson, Gagne
D: Wolanin, Jaros, Lajoie, JBD, Tychonick, Englund
G: Gustavsson, Hogberg, Hollett

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad