Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Formenton a -2 with 1 shot in his return. Takes a charging penalty, an unsportsmanlike conduct diving penalty, a roughing penalty, and an abuse of official 10 minute misconduct. Looks like he was raring to go...

Edit: Actually his second game back

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Formenton a -2 with 1 shot in his return. Takes a charging penalty, an unsportsmanlike conduct diving penalty, a roughing penalty, and an abuse of official 10 minute misconduct. Looks like he was raring to go...
Pretty sure it was his second game back. In his return he picked up an assist and an EN goal.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Pretty sure it was his second game back. In his return he picked up an assist and an EN goal.

You're right. Looks like he played games 1 and 3 of a 3 in 3 days for London. Was a healthy scratch on game 2, Knights easing him back in.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The chances of trading either Ryan or Smith IMO are slim & none given they have more than two yrs left on their respective over paid contracts.

Next Season:

Chlapik - Duchene - Anderson (Columbus)
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Smith - Brown - Stone
Formenton - Paul - Ryan/Eaves (Ann) - (Norris)

Chabot - Manson (Ann)
Lajoie - Jaros
Wolanin - Harpur/Boro (JBD)

Gibson (Ann) - Hogberg/Gustavsson - (Daccord)

Trade: Dzingel, Ceci, Anderson, Neilsson, Condon, Tierny, Boedker, Paajarvi, DeMello, Balcers & Pageau

To Ann: Dzingel LW, Ceci RD, Anderson G, Pageau C & Balcers LW (Neilsson G)
To Ottawa: Josh Manson RD, John Gibson G & Patrick Eaves RW (salary dump)

- Ann gets a handful of players which allows them to trade Getzlaf, Perry & Kesler at some future point or trade any of these guys for future assets. Ottawa fills two positions of need. I assume Ann will need to rebuild sooner rather than later.

To Columbus: Tierny C (33 pts), Boedker LW (28 pts) & DeMello RD (14 pts)
To Ottawa: Josh Anderson RW (25 pts)

- Columbus gets some depth players, Ottawa gets a goal scoring RWer.

I agree that it will be difficult if not impossible to trade Ryan and Smith without taking back salary or a bad contract.

I also have a bad feeling about the Senators signing Duchene, Stone and Dzingel because those signings should already have been made. My suspicition is that the Senators are not making offers to those three players that are comparable to what other players of their skill sets have been getting. The cost cutting mentality of this Melnyk team coupled with the poor GM and coaching has destroyed this team.

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Weird I made a post similar to this recently :

B-Sens - Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part II

Anyway, based on that pyramid, here's how I have it (including rookies recently graduated)

Tier 1 (ELITE) : Chabot

Tier 2 (great chance of Top-6 Fwd/Top-2 D/Good starter) : Batherson, Tkachuk, Brown, White, JBD

Tier 3 (possible they end up very good too but upside just a tier below) : Norris, Formenton, Chlapik, Balcers, Crookshank, Wolanin, Gustavsson, Daccord

Tier 4 (good chance at being contributors but not Top-6 Fwd/Top-2 D) : Jaros, Lajoie, Tychonick, Hogberg, Mandolese

Tier 5 (decent chance at being role/depth players) : Paul, Klimchuk, Luchuk, Nurmi, Kelly, Harpur, Englund

Tier 6 (not likely they ever make it but you never know) : Sturtz, Novak, Beaudin, Rodewald, Loheit, Tambellini, Lindberg, Ahl, Burgess, Bergman, Gendron, Hollett

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Unconvincing read. Way too much focus on points and not enough on play styles and strenghts and weaknesses.

Norris had 17 points in 19 games so he's a "tier two" prospects? I have to mention that you gotta love the whole "this guy came up with this pyramid scheme when talking about Leafs prospects" name drop! The they have Formenton in the same tier and they don't even talk about his production. Is it maybe because his offensive output isn't that great...?

No offense SoA, I know you mean well and I can be a critical asshole at times. I guess the time is meow: this is clickbait at its finest, when it isn't painfully obvious the author has nothing real to say outside of reading stat lines except when the stat line doesn't say much.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Unconvincing read. Way too much focus on points and not enough on play styles and strenghts and weaknesses.

Norris had 17 points in 19 games so he's a "tier two" prospects? I have to mention that you gotta love the whole "this guy came up with this pyramid scheme when talking about Leafs prospects" name drop! The they have Formenton in the same tier and they don't even talk about his production. Is it maybe because his offensive output isn't that great...?

No offense SoA, I know you mean well and I can be a critical ******* at times. I guess the time is meow: this is clickbait at its finest, when it isn't painfully obvious the author has nothing real to say outside of reading stat lines except when the stat line doesn't say much.
Tier 1 – Elite talent (Rasmus Dahlin, Auston Matthews, Connor McDavid-level talent)
Tier 2 – Very, very good prospects with a real chance of being top-six forwards, top-two defenders or good starting goalies
Tier 3 – Good players who fall just short of tier 2, perhaps due to lower ceilings, but who are distinctly better than tier’s below them
Tier 4 – Distinct shot at making an NHL roster and being a contributor (top-nine forward, bottom-four defender, fringe starter or backup goaltenders
Tier 5 – Players who likely don’t project to be anything more than a role player in the NHL as their ceiling – these players chances of making the NHL aren’t very high compared to their comrades (sometimes due to being relatively unknown at this point)

They see Norris and Formenton as having real chances of being top 6 players, nothing to do with their production.

They also say that Formenton was a point per game last season and over that mark this season before his injury, so they do talk about his production.

Reactions: coladin

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Tier 1 – Elite talent (Rasmus Dahlin, Auston Matthews, Connor McDavid-level talent)
Tier 2 – Very, very good prospects with a real chance of being top-six forwards, top-two defenders or good starting goalies
Tier 3 – Good players who fall just short of tier 2, perhaps due to lower ceilings, but who are distinctly better than tier’s below them
Tier 4 – Distinct shot at making an NHL roster and being a contributor (top-nine forward, bottom-four defender, fringe starter or backup goaltenders
Tier 5 – Players who likely don’t project to be anything more than a role player in the NHL as their ceiling – these players chances of making the NHL aren’t very high compared to their comrades (sometimes due to being relatively unknown at this point)

They see Norris and Formenton as having real chances of being top 6 players, nothing to do with their production.

They also say that Formenton was a point per game last season and over that mark this season before his injury, so they do talk about his production.

Norris has a serious knack for being in the middle of the other teams play. I hope he can contribute offensively against pro's. I also hope he comes to Canada I would assume Brady needing a roomie and friday night wingman should help a ton.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I know what they meant by "tier two", I read the article. My point was that the article says "this guy was almost PPG so he's tier two". It provides no insight that can't be gained by simply reading a stat line.

Fair enough on the Formenton production, I must have missed it.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
lol its crazy we think batherson is having a great year ( he is) but man some kids absolutely obliterated that league..

Different times and generations.

Even more impressive if you look at essentially the stats from this generation of players (2010-present)

Minimum 15 games.

1. Kucherov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2. Ryan Strome
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
3. Drake Batherson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
4. William Nylander
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
5. Mikko Rantenen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
6. Kyle Palmieri
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
7. David Pastarnak
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Elite Prospects - AHL Stats All-time season

Some elite company to be with.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Different times and generations.

Even more impressive if you look at essentially the stats from this generation of players (2010-present)

Minimum 15 games.

1. Kucherov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2. Ryan Strome
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
3. Drake Batherson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
4. William Nylander
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
5. Mikko Rantenen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
6. Kyle Palmieri