Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
You guys think Logan Brown comes up after potential Stone/Duchene/Dzingel trades? Asking because I have him in a simulation league. Looks like he has been putting up good numbers in the A as well? Anyone watch him alot?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You guys think Logan Brown comes up after potential Stone/Duchene/Dzingel trades? Asking because I have him in a simulation league. Looks like he has been putting up good numbers in the A as well? Anyone watch him alot?
He's been on fire and taking a big step forward. He'll likely stay in the AHL. They're only a few points out from a playoff spot now and Brown and Batherson are the ones really carrying the team. Don't expect to see Brown in Ottawa this year.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I don't think he'll be given a look seeing how bad the roster is right now. It would be tough to shelter him and there aren't to many offensive players that they could give him a look with. It's to bed because he showed a lot of promise playing on a line with Ryan and Stone in the pre season.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's been on fire and taking a big step forward. He'll likely stay in the AHL. They're only a few points out from a playoff spot now and Brown and Batherson are the ones really carrying the team. Don't expect to see Brown in Ottawa this year.
Agreed.

Ottawa doesn't gain anything by calling up their best players, where as Belleville needs guys to make a push. I was surprised when we called up Chlapik instead of Paul tbh.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Belleville Is making a big push for the playuoffs

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Rental or not, the real question is what has more value now and in the near future EK or the package we got.
It looks like we got the short end of the stick, and I fully expect more of the same in the upcoming trades. I wouldn't be surprised if PD runs out of time to deal the all 3.
What's even worse, he has no time to try to get rid of Smith, Ryan, Anderson, Boedcker, Boro...
The value PD is receiving is just not there, the deals where people think he did well are pretty much just fair deals. That's where we are at, to celebrate a win when he did not as bad as we have been afraid he would.
But isn't that the situation with every deal with every team? Supposedly the team that ends up with the best player wins the deal but people are mad as hell over what PD paid to get Duchene. Ottawa did not get any elite players back in the EK deal, but did get a couple of players who can & have played in the NHL along with a couple of decent prospects & a 1st. EK is clearly the best player in any deal so they had no chance of winning any deal involving him.

I'm not sure any GM could have done much better given if SJ was the only team willing to give the most assets or the best assets they could manage. Of course, we'll never know. It's impossible to celebrate any deal when a fan favourite is traded & that IMO lies more with the owner not willing to pay to keep their best players.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
But isn't that the situation with every deal with every team? Supposedly the team that ends up with the best player wins the deal but people are mad as hell over what PD paid to get Duchene. Ottawa did not get any elite players back in the EK deal, but did get a couple of players who can & have played in the NHL along with a couple of decent prospects & a 1st. EK is clearly the best player in any deal so they had no chance of winning any deal involving him.

I'm not sure any GM could have done much better given if SJ was the only team willing to give the most assets or the best assets they could manage. Of course, we'll never know. It's impossible to celebrate any deal when a fan favourite is traded & that IMO lies more with the owner not willing to pay to keep their best players.
I don't disagree, but just looking what we gave up for 1.5 seasons of Matt Duchene compared to what we received for 1 season of EK is disappointing.
I have no proof, but I think most GM's would have negotiated both deals better. Also most other GM's would not find themselves in the position PD and the Senators are now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't disagree, but just looking what we gave up for 1.5 seasons of Matt Duchene compared to what we received for 1 season of EK is disappointing.
I have no proof, but I think most GM's would have negotiated both deals better. Also most other GM's would not find themselves in the position PD and the Senators are now.
But again, doesn't that all have to do with the ownership, it's his team & he decides who he will pay to keep & who he will not? Isn't the GM being forced to do his bidding to keep his job here? I'm not a fan of PD but my view is that this whole mess lies at the feet of the owner.

I don't think PD wanted to trade EK or now be listening to deals for the UFAs unless EM told him to because he refuses to pay what the players may be worth in today's market? The whole thing is interesting & sad at the same time.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
But again, doesn't that all have to do with the ownership, it's his team & he decides who he will pay to keep & who he will not? Isn't the GM being forced to do his bidding to keep his job here? I'm not a fan of PD but my view is that this whole mess lies at the feet of the owner.

I don't think PD wanted to trade EK or now be listening to deals for the UFAs unless EM told him to because he refuses to pay what the players may be worth in today's market? The whole thing is interesting & sad at the same time.
Absolutely, but I don't feel sorry for him.
Most people working in the middle management somewhere would have there budget approved at some point and work within it.
If they are not allowed to do that they would leave or revolt, yet we watch what's happening for the Sens on a almost daily basis.
And I don't think the GM job is comparable to middle management.
Most top managers would do what Anselmi did.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Absolutely, but I don't feel sorry for him.
Most people working in the middle management somewhere would have there budget approved at some point and work within it.
If they are not allowed to do that they would leave or revolt, yet we watch what's happening for the Sens on a almost daily basis.
And I don't think the GM job is comparable to middle management.
Most top managers would do what Anselmi did.
First, you would have to be in a pretty good financial position to leave your job unless you have another one to go to paying as much. And let's not forget the fame that comes with the job & notoriety in the hockey world & from fans. Of course, there is also the hate when you trade away fan favourites.

Second, I don't know for a fact but being the GM of an NHL team is probable the best job PD or anyone else in hockey could ever dream of having. I imagine being an NHL GM is the pinnacle of a hockey manager's career & that won't be easy to give up especially since he got a three yr extension. While it can be a very stressful job with long hours, it can also be extremely fun & one a lot of fans would love to be able to do even for a day.

My guess is that PD will ride this out for as long as he can until EM decides he is no longer useful to him. I doubt PD ever becomes a GM again, but will likely return to scouting with another NHL team.

Reactions: Samboni and RaMai

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
I doubt PD ever becomes a GM again, but will likely return to scouting with another NHL team.

This or AGM is the job he should have, can't wait till it happens and I hope EM has nothing to do with it anymore. And I'm strictly talking sale or natural causes as anything else would be not cool to ask for.

Reactions: aragorn

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Been doing research and watching some video and I'd say that Abramov has a higher upside than Balcers, Chlapik and Norris. That said, I believe there's also a stronger chance he becomes nothing. He needs to be stronger, and faster. He has a lot of skill and scoring ability though. That's a valuable asset. I'd say he's close to Norris who is a bit above Chlapik and Balcers. That spot isn't secure though...at least in my view.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
U23, by position:

C:
1. Brown
2. White
3. Norris
4. Chlapik
5. Luchuk

The top 4 here are all pretty tight with a small drop off after Norris and a big one after Chlapik

LW
1. Tkachuk
2. Balcers
3. Formenton
4. Crookshank
5. Gruden

The top 4 here are tight, too, although I'd put the drop after Tkachuk and then a big one after Crookshank

RW
1. Batherson
2. Davidsson
3. Abramov
4. Nurmi

Big drop after Batherson and then a big drop after Abramov

D
1. Chabot
2. JBD
3. Wolanin
4. Jaros
5. Tychonick
6. Lajoie

Big drop after Chabot, big drop after Wolanin, and then 4-6 are pretty tight

G
1. Gustavsson
2. Daccord
3. Hogberg
4. Mandolese

Drop after Gustavsson and drop after Hogberg

Unparalleled2021

Apr 30, 2015
Our prospect pool is deeper than it’s ever been, but lacking in high end pieces outside of Tkachuk, Brown and Batherson. I see us getting a borderline A/B level prospect with Stone.

Assuming we get a 1st back in a Stone deal and (conservatively) a 2nd back for Dzingel, that puts us at 5 picks within the first two rounds in 2019, but none in the top 15. Given our depth, do you think we should try to package some assets and move up to get a real impact player? If we intend to come anywhere near a playoff spot by 2021, we’ll need our 2019 pick to be pushing for a spot at least. It seems like there’s a bit of a drop off after the 10-15 range.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->