Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone

With 22 poitns Crookshank caught up to Mathias Emilio Pettersen who has had his HFBoards thread since age 6.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hands of Stone

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
do we have a shot at signing Daccord?

Yes of course... everyone thought Wolanin would walk last year until he didnt

Unless the relationship is really bad those types of players tend to sign with the team that drafted them... if he goes back for another year at ASU maybe things change but for now I think there is at least a chance if not a very strong one

Reactions: Hands of Stone

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
do we have a shot at signing Daccord?

To me to get him to forego his last year at ASU, he'd need to be guarenteed a spot in Belleville I would imagine. And right now we can't offer that.

So in my opinion to sign him, we have to deal 1 of Andy/Condon/Hogberg (Gus obviously isnt going anywhere.) That way its some combo of Andy/Condon/Gus in the NHL and 2 of Gus/Hogberg/Daccord in the AHL.

But I've been wrong before.

Reactions: derriko

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
When does Daccord's season end?

If his season end date+30 days is after the NHL season, that puts us at a huge advantage. We could burn a year off his ELC by putting him in an NHL game.

If Anderson is traded, and Nilsson is re-signed to be our starter, that leaves our organization without a lot of goaltending depth. Meaning, there could be lots of opportunity here.

Hogberg is 25 years old next season. He's in a similar spot to the one Driedger was in when Driedger went unqualified by our organization. I don't think it's a given that we retain him next season.

What might work against us is that we don't have a great reputation for developing goalies. It could just be a string of bad luck rather than a consequence of our organization's actions, but we've developed two goalies in over a decade, those being Lehner and Emery. Elliott was developed here, but he was never really successful until going elsewhere. Bishop was mostly developed by another organization, as was Anderson.

Almost all of our top goalie prospects have either flamed out completely, or have been unable to find success here when they make it to the NHL. Over the last few seasons, our AHL team has been a nightmare for goalies because the team in front of them has not been good. I could see that working against us.

I think we're going to have to offer Daccord significant performance bonuses, and the opportunity to burn a year of the contract. Losing Daccord would be a huge blow since he's looking like he could possibly be the real deal.

On a more positive note, if Daccord stays with us and pans out as a solid NHL starter for many years, that 2015 draft could go down as being one of the best Senators drafts of all time. Chabot is trending towards being a #1 defenseman, Colin White a 2C or at worst a top level 3C, Jaros and Wolanin are trending towards being everyday NHLers, and it's possible that Chlapik could be an NHLer sooner rather than later as well.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Also, Daccord can sign a 2 year ELC because of his age, not a 3 year ELC.

If the Senators are the only team able to burn a year, that could put Daccord into a position where if he has a successful 19-20 either as a top AHL goalie, or as our #2 goalie in the NHL, he gets 1 way money much sooner than if he signs else where.

His deal would expire in the 2020 off season, not 2021. So, that's very quick.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I'd easily give Daccord a spot in Belleville. If PHI is interested in Andy, let's give him to them. I love Andy but he clearly does not fit this rebuild. There's currently a 0.000000001% chance we ever see Andy lift a cup for the sens. We need to put the rebuild first. Deal him now while his value is at the highest it'll be for the rest of his career.

Deal Andy, acquire a UFA goalie (Talbot if he would just accept) and let him battle it out with Nilsson, winner gets a contract. Then run:

One of Nilsson/Talbot and Hogberg in Ottawa.

Daccord and Gustavsson in Belleville.

4 goalies with NHL starter potential. I'll take my chances there.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
With how we treat goalies, I'd be surprised any would want to play for us given the choice.

Playing for this organization in nets is a one-way ticket to irrelevancy.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
With how we treat goalies, I'd be surprised any would want to play for us given the choice.

Playing for this organization in nets is a one-way ticket to irrelevancy.
irrelevency, or 1 goal away from a stanley cup. double overtime one oppurtunity, one chance to seize everything they dreamed of as children.

Reactions: aragorn

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
What ? How does Ottawa treat goalies badly lol? Literally gave guys like Elliott Bishop Emery Lehner Hammond Condon Anderson a chance at a career lol

We also let Matt O'Connor play the home opener fresh out of the NCAA...Not sure where this narrative is suddenly coming from. If Joey Daccord wants to play in the NHL ASAP, he'll sign with us

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What ? How does Ottawa treat goalies badly lol? Literally gave guys like Elliott Bishop Emery Lehner Hammond Condon Anderson a chance at a career lol

Other than Bishop and Elliott I am pretty sure all those guys had their longest NHL stints with us... and you can add Lalime, Prusek, Hurme to the list

Reactions: derriko

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well... they have to play behind Boucher's system, and our group of D... seems pretty mean to me.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I think he will sign. No goalie is guaranteed to make the NHL even if they are highly touted like Gust. The more competition the better it is for the players. The Sens shouldn't be thinking the future is Gust at all. The future should be who will step up and prove they can be the future.

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
this management rarely lets a good drafted player slip through their fingers to another team. so I wont start expecting it to happen yet.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
To me to get him to forego his last year at ASU, he'd need to be guarenteed a spot in Belleville I would imagine. And right now we can't offer that.

So in my opinion to sign him, we have to deal 1 of Andy/Condon/Hogberg (Gus obviously isnt going anywhere.) That way its some combo of Andy/Condon/Gus in the NHL and 2 of Gus/Hogberg/Daccord in the AHL.

But I've been wrong before.

Can we get him to play in the ECHL ? I mean if Lehner can spend time there why can't D'accord?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Can we get him to play in the ECHL ? I mean if Lehner can spend time there why can't D'accord?

Not that I disagree with yor premise but Lehner never played in the ECHL

I have looked back and Jeff Glass played ECHL after a very successful WHL career... he was a 3rd rounder and starred for team Canada... he played 39 ECHL games in his first yr

Hogberg of course played 17 games over the past 2 seasons in the ECHL too so it might be a part of a new trend

I bet D'Accord would start in the ECHL but have lots of opportunity to move up if his play merits it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad