Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
So any rumblings of us offering Tye a contract??

He's waiting until after March 15th to sign, so he can avoid burning a year of his ELC. Several teams are looking at him, and I assume Ottawa is in the mix, what with him being from Pembroke and playing for the 67s. Montreal probably looking at him as well, he signed an ATO and played 4 games with Laval last season.

I know I've been banging his drum for a while, but I really hope the Sens sign him. He's a better prospect than Luchuk: bigger, faster, better release, and was highly touted as a 16 year old. Plus, RW is our weakest area in the prospect pool. He'd slot in right behind Batherson.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Not that I disagree with yor premise but Lehner never played in the ECHL

I have looked back and Jeff Glass played ECHL after a very successful WHL career... he was a 3rd rounder and starred for team Canada... he played 39 ECHL games in his first yr

Hogberg of course played 17 games over the past 2 seasons in the ECHL too so it might be a part of a new trend

I bet D'Accord would start in the ECHL but have lots of opportunity to move up if his play merits it

Ah yes it was Hogberg. Knew it was a Swedish goalie lol

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ah yes it was Hogberg. Knew it was a Swedish goalie lol

Hopefully we have another Lehner in Hogberg! I think if Lehners mental health issues were diagnosed and treated when he was younger he could have been a franchise goalie. I still think his career is really going to take off and stabilize now that he has a better handle on his struggles

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
So any rumblings of us offering Tye a contract??

He's waiting until after March 15th to sign, so he can avoid burning a year of his ELC. Several teams are looking at him, and I assume Ottawa is in the mix, what with him being from Pembroke and playing for the 67s. Montreal probably looking at him as well, he signed an ATO and played 4 games with Laval last season.

I know I've been banging his drum for a while, but I really hope the Sens sign him. He's a better prospect than Luchuk: bigger, faster, better release, and was highly touted as a 16 year old. Plus, RW is our weakest area in the prospect pool. He'd slot in right behind Batherson.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Sucks, I really wanted him. Sounds like the actual signing might have to wait till March because of a weird CBA thing?

Hope he can make it to NHL with Dallas.

Last edited:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Was at the DU-UND game last night and Tychonick really caught my eye. He plays a bit like DU dman Ian Mitchell, except Tychonick is a better skater. JBD also shut down a lot of scoring chances for the Pios. Didn’t realize both were Sens property until I got home and looked them up. Seems you guys have a knack for picking solid dmen throughout the draft.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
How good is Daccord going to look in a Leafs jersey when he signs with them this summer? His father is a goalie consultant for them so i wouldn't discount the possibility...

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
How good is Daccord going to look in a Leafs jersey when he signs with them this summer? His father is a goalie consultant for them so i wouldn't discount the possibility...

Why go get stuck with the Marlies in Toronto when you could potentially start for the sens?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I hope the sens bring up a collusion case to the NHL if that does happen.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa

He can't sign with a different team until Aug 15, 2020.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Brown might be higher on the list if he didn't get injured early on the season.

It's actually crazy how important Logan Brown is to this franchise. If only he could stay healthy for a full year.

Like imagine a top 9 of:

Balcers-Duchene-Batherson (scoring line)
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone (all purpose)
Tierney-Pageau-White (that checking line tho)

And that's not including Norris, Chlapik and Formenton, or pieces from the dzingel/ceci/anderson deals.

Or we trade Duchene and try to run Brown-White down the middle. But I'm praying Logan Brown can stay healthy and pan out.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dorion offered a lot of praise for Logan Brown, saying that his work ethic on and off the ice has never been better and that they are still confident in him becoming a top 6er

Also praised Norris quite highly

Reactions: derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->