Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
London scores 8 against the dreadful Frontenacs, but just one assist for Formenton. 7-8-15 through 12 games now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Those sun devil jerseys are so nice. Also. Daccord real deal? He’s not out their shutting out 17 year olds.

Reactions: aragorn

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Joey Daccord seems to be having himself a year- 45 save shutout last night, his team appears to be getting outshot regularly too. He is currently sporting a 2.30 GAA and a .926 save %.

He has started every game for them and has won 11 (with 4 shutouts). He has five wins with 40+ saves and started the year with a 45 save shutout.

Here's an alright save he made last season:

I've been quietly optimistic about him for a while. I'm trying to find his game logs from previous years, but I can tell you for sure that he has been absolutely peppered with shots in the past few seasons. Most of ASU's wins in the past two years have been on the back of standout performances by Daccord. Hopefully the relationship is good because he could have real NHL upside and he will be eligible for free agency if we don't sign him. That said, I believe he has 1 more year of college eligibility so its possible he foregoes signing a contract for 1 more year.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Any new thoughts on K'Andre Miller vs Jacob Bernard Docker/Tychonik? Miller is who we passed on when we decided to trade back so I would be interested to see what people think of the difference in their upsides or in how they have been performing since being drafted.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Any new thoughts on K'Andre Miller vs Jacob Bernard Docker/Tychonik? Miller is who we passed on when we decided to trade back so I would be interested to see what people think of the difference in their upsides or in how they have been performing since being drafted.
Yes I’ll be watching miller vs those two. I wanted Miller. But didn’t know much about the other two. They look good. How good? We’ll see.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He has started every game for them and has won 11 (with 4 shutouts). He has five wins with 40+ saves and started the year with a 45 save shutout.

Here's an alright save he made last season:

I've been quietly optimistic about him for a while. I'm trying to find his game logs from previous years, but I can tell you for sure that he has been absolutely peppered with shots in the past few seasons. Most of ASU's wins in the past two years have been on the back of standout performances by Daccord. Hopefully the relationship is good because he could have real NHL upside and he will be eligible for free agency if we don't sign him. That said, I believe he has 1 more year of college eligibility so its possible he foregoes signing a contract for 1 more year.

What is the track record of good college goalies in the NHL? Matt O'Connor was pretty highly touted and that didn't work out so great...

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
What is the track record of good college goalies in the NHL? Matt O'Connor was pretty highly touted and that didn't work out so great...

Hellebuyck, Demko, and Zane McIntyre are all recent winners of NCAA goalie of the year and they've all gone on to have varying levels of success.

NCAA grads currently in the NHL:
- Carter Hutton (06-10)
- Ben Bishop (05-08)
- Keith Kinkaid (09-11)
- Jimmy Howard (02-05)
- Casey DeSmith (11-14)
- Cam Talbot (07-10)
- Curtis McElhinney (01-04)
- Brian Elliott (03-07)
- Pheonix Copley (12-14)
- Alex Stalock (06-09)
- Ryan Miller (99-02)
- Cal Petersen (14-17)
- Aaron Dell (09-12)
- Scott Darling (08-10)
- Chad Johnson (05-09)
- Johnathan Quick (05-07)
- Mike McKenna (01-05)
- Mike Condon (09-13)
- Richard Bachman (07-09)
- Cory Schneider (04-07)

All of them posted at least one season of .920 or better besides Darling, McKenna, and Copely.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016

Off the top of my head, Connor Hellebuyck, Cam Talbot, Carter Huton, Cory Schneider and Alex Lyon were all NCAA guys who are in the NHL currently. Obviously there's a big gap between the top end guys and the rest, just like European or CHL goalies. Hopefully Daccord is more a Hellebuyck than a Condon or a Hammond.

With the season he's having, I don't see Daccord heading back to college next year. He'd be 23 by the time the season starts, and wouldn't have much left to prove at that level. With Anderson's contract up after 2019-2020, next year would be a perfect scenario for Daccord to show the organization what he can do in the ECHL/AHL and establish himself as an option for 2020-2021.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes I’ll be watching miller vs those two. I wanted Miller. But didn’t know much about the other two. They look good. How good? We’ll see.

Yeah, I was pumping Miller as an option for our 2nd 1st rounder leading into the draft, and was hoping he'd be our pick before we traded it. Knew nothing about JBD or Tychonick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad