Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Norris (10th goal) on the board in a 3-3 tie in the 3rd
JBD goal (4th) in a 1-1 tie in the 3rd
Crookshank 2g 1a tonight had 1a last night

There must be some pretty nice comparables for What JBD is doing right now. NCAA freshman with nice point totals like that? Wish I could catch a game

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Gotta think jbd will be the standalone best d man in the ncaa next year considering who will be leaving and coming in?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Gotta think jbd will be the standalone best d man in the ncaa next year considering who will be leaving and coming in?
Definitely not the stand alone best D, NCAA has tons of good D. Definitely one of the top few guys with NHL potential, and likely one of the best D, but there are always guys who perform well as 21/22/23 year olds, as well as the guys from the 2016/2017 drafts who may take another step.

K'Andre Miller
Case McCarthy
Cam York
Marshall Warren
Mattias Samueslon
Scott Perunovich
Ian Mitchell
Max Gildon
Reilly Walsh
David Farrance

Are some recent and soon to be 1st/2nd round level guys from the past few and this years draft.

Then guys like Samberg/Ferraro/Kovacevic/Mirageas among other recent draft picks who will be another year older with more experience, to go along with all the other guys who will be in their 4th year of NCAA you see have Hobey Baker type seasons and get NHL contracts like Gilroy/Butler/etc.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Seen any games? I have not.. anyway, I am glad Luchuk is starting to score now and I hope that he gets a callup to Belleville sooner than later if he keeps it up

No. Just going by stats purely. I was expecting him to do better in the ECHL, but I guess there was an adjustment period. I don't expect him to be more than an AHL'er though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No. Just going by stats purely. I was expecting him to do better in the ECHL, but I guess there was an adjustment period. I don't expect him to be more than an AHL'er though.

Certainly looking that way. I was hoping he'd be able to step right into Belleville given his CHL success but he seems to have struggled out of the gate.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Overagers who tear up the CHL are as tough to predict as goalies, IMO. Some turn into stars, others struggle to even make an impact in the AHL. Luchuk is off to a slow start, but Alex Barre-Boulet, who was signed by Tampa around the same time, has 21 points in 21 games in the AHL.

The guy to watch this year is Tye Felhaber. I'm sure the Sens have followed him, as he plays for the 67s. Similar point pace to Luchuk and Barre-Boulet last year, but is scoring more than a goal a game, 35 in 32. No one else in the CHL has more than 31.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
What is "hyper-bole train" there? The poster's opinion that the addition of those 2 facts is impressive?

You're right, those two stats are very very impressive (I'll even one up you) but it's still a somewhat over a small sample size. Don't get me wrong, I love me some JBD but i'm willing to wait the full season to see what he puts up.

Fingers crossed he some hows makes it onto the WJC team.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

He's going to have to murder 3 other RDs to get on the roster this year.

Maybe next year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

He's going to have to murder 3 other RDs to get on the roster this year.

Maybe next year.

Would have to make it as the 7th, he's not making the top 3 RD's.

Dobson Bouchard and Mitchell are on the team already.

I'd give him the leg up on Crotty and Addison, but can see Hunter liking the familiarity of the WHL kid in Addison.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You're right, those two stats are very very impressive (I'll even one up you) but it's still a somewhat over a small sample size. Don't get me wrong, I love me some JBD but i'm willing to wait the full season to see what he puts up.

Fingers crossed he some hows makes it onto the WJC team.

I guess it depends how you read it but I didn't see it like that. He didn't say "very very impressive", just impressive. And it's true, no? An 18 y/o rookie D-man leading his team in scoring (or close) is somewhat impressive. Hyping would have been saying here we go it's the next Chabot or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad