2018-2019 Roster Discussion - Official Roster is In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No worries brotha. I know you're also a TML fan so with garbage being spewed about both teams being all the rage over the years, it's easy to jump on other posters. I didn't take it personally, just wanted to point it out.
Yeah it was actually just math to me. And I wish soneone would sign Nylander so I could stop reading about him every day!!!! And for sanity don't let Marner and Matthews go past July 1st.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don’t see such a high price being paid for Nylander and I doubt JC is willing to give up a 1st so soon after giving one up to get Stepan. I wouldn’t mind though. My guess is it would take a 1st and Hammer or Chychrun.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don’t see such a high price being paid for Nylander and I doubt JC is willing to give up a 1st so soon after giving one up to get Stepan. I wouldn’t mind though. My guess is it would take a 1st and Hammer or Chychrun.
A 1st and Hammer would do it. They need Hammer, he would be perfect on the right side for them. I had rather keep Hammer and the first though.

Reactions: sundance74

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
A 1st and Hammer would do it. They need Hammer, he would be perfect on the right side for them. I had rather keep Hammer and the first though.
Not me. We need scoring. We do a better job acquiring defensemen than forwards IMO.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not sure why some team that figures to be deep playoff bound doesn't just offer sheet him for 5 years. Only costs a 1st, 2nd, 3rd up to $8.1m AAV

Carolina, Colorado, Vancouver, Philly, Montreal can all do it. They have the space and the picks.

Worst case scenario is you make a new enemy and make the Leafs stronger this year I guess.

It’s not always as simple as that. Teams also have to look at what an offer sheet might do to their own internal team cap structure.

Imagine for example Colorado offer sheeted Nylander for $8.1m. How much money is Rantanen’s agent going to want? $10-11m per year? He might want that anyway of course, but Colorado making an offer in that range to Nylander, successful or not, could make negotiations with Rantanen worse.

Reactions: cobra427

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I don't like saddling Strome with those two rejects but scratching Panik is interesting.

Just got home and saw this stupid shit. Trade him for a 4th line scrub already. The kid's play has earned him more respect than this but they continue to f*** with him for no reason. Just let him go develop into a star for Ottawa. Wish I didn't buy tickets for Thursday's game now.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Absolutely love the idea of Crouse-Galchenyuk-Keller.

Absolutely hate Strome on the 4th line with Those scrubs.

I like Strome with Vinistroza. Strome has a shot and Vinnie can make plays. It makes sense. I think the other wing should be Panik. Simply because I think Grabner (who’s earned a lot more than Panik and deserves a lot more than Panik) should be on the defense-first, shut-down, checking line with Richardson and Cousins.

Crouse-Chucky-Keller
Perlini-Stepan-Fischer
Panik-Strome-Vinnistroza
Grabner-Richardson-Cousins

I’m okay with scratching Panik to wake him up, though. Move Grabner up one line for a game and put Kempe or Archibald in the Grabner spot above.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just got home and saw this stupid ****. Trade him for a 4th line scrub already. The kid's play has earned him more respect than this but they continue to **** with him for no reason. Just let him go develop into a star for Ottawa. Wish I didn't buy tickets for Thursday's game now.
Read Morgan's article today. Tocchet explained why Strome's minutes were cut down. He makes a good point. Strome was making poor decisions and isn't scoring. The TV feed won't show Strome's errors, you know that.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Yo if Strome ultimately busts that’s two 3OAs the franchise blew. That spot is guaranteed cornerstone players .

Only as a yotes fan lmao

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yo if Strome ultimately busts that’s two 3OAs the franchise blew. That spot is guaranteed cornerstone players .

Only as a yotes fan lmao
He could also retire randomly. Or we can piss him off, trade him, then see him succeed elsewhere. Maybe alien abduction. We have options for blowing another 3OA pick, and logic doesn't have to limit how we do it, because Coyotes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Read Morgan's article today. Tocchet explained why Strome's minutes were cut down. He makes a good point. Strome was making poor decisions and isn't scoring. The TV feed won't show Strome's errors, you know that.
I did see this. He had a rough game in the second half. That said, he’s been clearly better than all of our other centers when considering the entire season thus far.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s not always as simple as that. Teams also have to look at what an offer sheet might do to their own internal team cap structure.

Imagine for example Colorado offer sheeted Nylander for $8.1m. How much money is Rantanen’s agent going to want? $10-11m per year? He might want that anyway of course, but Colorado making an offer in that range to Nylander, successful or not, could make negotiations with Rantanen worse.
Exactly. Also, Nylander has had only two good years, both with Matthews. Will he produce anywhere close to that without him?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I didn't like Strome the last two games. Consistency is so important for these young kids to succeed. I have no problem cutting minutes from any player not playing well, but the problem I have is not being fair when doing it. Sitting Panik is fine by me, but there are other players not pulling their weight. Stepan has made as many mistakes as Strome and has only one point, yet he gets big minutes. Perlini has been invisible most games. Gogo has no points in seven games and is -7. Cousins has more points than Stepan, yet plays 7 minutes less a night. I know Cousins doesn't get much love on these boards but he has played very good every game.

Reactions: rt

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
For a team that struggles mightily scoring goals saddling the second most talented forward with borderline NHLers is not a recipe for success. It would be different if the team had bonafide scoring lines and they played Strome on the 4th line as part of his development but almost every forward (except Keller) is playing 1 or 2 lines above their stripe. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad