2018-2019 Roster Discussion - Official Roster is In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Tocchet keeps messing with the lines but it’s the same old garbage every night. Maybe time to try something he hasn’t tried. I like Chucky at center just fine but let’s not be stubborn when you can’t score more than one or two goals a game for long stretches.

Panik-Stepan-Keller
Galchenyuk-Strome-Hinostroza
Grabner-Richardson-Fischer
Crouse-Cousins-Archibald/Perlini

Why not at least try it? You can only be content with mediocrity for so long...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Elliotte Fridge Man musing about Tarasenko maybe being the big shake-up piece in STL. Unlikely and unfounded (he admitted pure speculation) but would be amazing for us. Tarasenko is EXACTLY what we need.

Wonder if they’d consider our 1st (top10protect) our 2021 2nd (to replace the picks they lost getting ROR) Goligoski (their LD needs help), Perlini and Strome for Tarasenko (and maybe a lesser D)?

Keller-Galchenyuk-Tarasenko is inarguably a legitimate NHL first line. Something we haven’t had in looooooooooong time.

Keller-Galchenyuk-Tank
Panik-Stepan-Fischer
Grabner-Richardson-Stroza
Crouse-Cousins-Archibald

OEL-Lyubushkin
Chychrun-Hjammer
Connauton-Oesterle
Mermis

That D looks a bit shallow. Maybe if could get Demers and Edmundson added to the deal?

OEL-Edmundson
Chychrun-Hjammer
Oesterle-Lyubushkin
Connauton

That looks better. Not sure STL would go for it, even if Edmundson is having a tough year after a difficult contract negotiation, headed right back to RFA.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Tarasenko is incredibly underrated. Would love to have him. He's underpaid too, relatively to other stars.

Would have to imagine STL would want local boy Keller. That's a no-go for me, but the list of guys I wouldn't move for Tarasenko probably ends at Keller and OEL.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tarasenko is incredibly underrated. Would love to have him. He's underpaid too, relatively to other stars.

Would have to imagine STL would want local boy Keller. That's a no-go for me, but the list of guys I wouldn't move for Tarasenko probably ends at Keller and OEL.
Yep. I thought they’d have a preference for young roster players like Strome and Perlini versus total prospects not yet in the show. Still, I can’t imagine they’d take Strome, Perlini, Goligoski, a 1st and a 2nd for Tank.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I was going to say would you put Chychrun on the table but I don't think that's happening after the recent extension.

Maybe change the 1st to top 3 protected.

Reactions: Lilhoody

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
I am hoping we stay the course and let the kids develop further. This is what happens when you are counting on skilled, young players too produce night in and night out. They have slumps, and it looks terrible when those slumps happen to several players at the same time. Had this been another sport, for instance Soccer, these players would not play every night. There are substitutes and a full squad meaning you could potentially switch out the entire team for the next game to let them rest, get motivated and reset after a bad game.

I am sure these kids will develop and get more consistency. I would think only elite talent can be consistent at this young age, if that. Thats why I wouldn't want to see trades at this point, we don't know if Perlini scores 30 next year, and Strome could only be a year away from actually looking like the 3OA he is. Unlikely, but possible.

I hate the idea of trading our young players that we heavily rely on, only to bring success short term. I believe we will be worse off in the long run.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What’s going to happen is all the kids will get hot at the same time instead of taking turns.

Yeah seems that way. Which may make us pretty consistent all year. We really need the top line to get going so when the kids start bringing secondary scoring we can win those tougher match ups.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
We need something from the core and future core. That pass/apple from Galchenyuk last game was a great sign.

Honestly we had a good amount of turnover again. We cant seem to find any chemistry in our lines. At some point things will start clicking. Its great that we have been .500 this far into the season with a team still coming together. Once there is more consistancy in scoring up and down the lineup we should look more dangerous.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad