2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Polak, Lindell, and Klingberg are all concentrated in one spot. Heiskanen’s is much more all over the place (in a good way).

I'd be willing to bet Klingberg's charts in 14-15, 15-16 and 16-17 look way similar to Miro's 18-19 chart. Klingberg has had a lot creativity beaten out of him by the Hitch and Monty

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Polak, Lindell, and Klingberg are all concentrated in one spot. Heiskanen’s is much more all over the place (in a good way).
But as Owen pointed out, Miro has played both sides this year, which can help explain the lateral spread. Lindell's average shot distance is roughly halfway between Heiskanen's and Klingberg/Polak's, and Lindell also has some high density patches towards the middle.

Honestly, the original tweet just bothered me because posting graphics with only making vague conclusions is a major pet peeve of mine with the 'advanced-stats' community.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
But as Owen pointed out, Miro has played both sides this year, which can help explain the lateral spread. Lindell's average shot distance is roughly halfway between Heiskanen's and Klingberg/Polak's, and Lindell also has some high density patches towards the middle.

Honestly, the original tweet just bothered me because posting graphics with only making vague conclusions is a major pet peeve of mine with the 'advanced-stats' community.

Totally fair, just an interesting set of charts that can tell part of the story.

Also interesting:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

love inkblot charts

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
you shouldn't be allowed to post raw individual numbers it's f***ing so dumb lol

it's soeasy to turn them into rates, f***ing take the next step

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
you shouldn't be allowed to post raw individual numbers it's ****ing so dumb lol

it's soeasy to turn them into rates, ****ing take the next step

He did, go through the whole thread

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Chicago is about to be within 2 points of us. Means Sunday's game they could have a chance to jump 2 points past us if they beat Colorado on Friday and we lose our next 2..

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
2u7nyf.jpg

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yup they're both gonna win. Jets losing 4-0 to Colorado in the 3rd and Chicago just won in OT

Great job waking Colorado up, Winnipeg :thumbd:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site

wouldnt be surprised if Johns doesnt ever play in the NHL again. Missing an entire season when you cant even really point to an incident that caused the issue is pretty scary. I hope he has saved his money and/or has something good to fall back on. Im not going to write him off, but I also hope he doesnt put him self at risk for permanent (if its not already ) damage

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
wouldnt be surprised if Johns doesnt ever play in the NHL again. Missing an entire season when you cant even really point to an incident that caused the issue is pretty scary. I hope he has saved his money and/or has something good to fall back on. Im not going to write him off, but I also hope he doesnt put him self at risk for permanent (if its not already ) damage
I believe insurance should at least pay out the rest of his current contract.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I can’t remember any players that missed this much time with a concussion and came back healthy. Bergeron and Crosby missed the majority of a season, but never a full season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I had a feeling when this was announced that this would be the case.

Gotta feel bad for him. This has to suck and if he does get healthy, it’s an incredibly hard decision. Keep playing the game he loves and that is his whole life vs. keeping his health.

Hoping for the best for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad