2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Nill mentioned in the first intermission about how this team will be able to get back to there "team identity" with Klingberg, Carrick and John's coming back. So maybe things are looking promising with John's.

Didnt say anything about Methot obviously who isnt close

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - John's
Fedun/Carrick - Polak

I'm happy with that

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Johns has been skating with the team together with Carrick these last couple of days. No timeline but at least he's around. Methots and knee problems ? Who the hell knows when he is back.

Somehow for the first two weeks of his injury Methot was listed as day-to-day and not even on IR.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Wonder who comes out if Spez returns. Val looked good again, especially with Gury.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wonder who comes out if Spez returns. Val looked good again, especially with Gury.

That's what I was wondering too. Shore was probably the most invisible player but they won't bench him. If they bench either Gurianov or Nichushkin I'll be pissed. Problem is everyone else was good too lol. Doubt they keep Spezza benched though

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That's what I was wondering too. Shore was probably the most invisible player but they won't bench him. If they bench either Gurianov or Nichushkin I'll be pissed. Problem is everyone else was good too lol. Doubt they keep Spezza benched though

Usually whoever plays the least minutes is a decent indicator who might sit. WHich would mean Pitlick sits again.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You could well transport the last or the last two posts of the old Thread ? Well whatever . Pitlick played the least minutes today and usually the guy who plays the least is the one that is a good bet to sit.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You could well transport the last or the last two posts of the old Thread ? Well whatever . Pitlick played the least minutes today and usually the guy who plays the least is the one that is a good bet to sit.

I agree he will as well. Just a tough move cause Pitlick had a pretty solid game tonight like everyone else and even chipped in an assist (despite it just being a great play by Faksa, but his forechecking was solid). He did have a tough time moving the puck tonight though and getting it out of his own zone. I hope Shore moves to that line and Spezza centers Val and Gurianov

Reactions: Blindsummit

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way Stars need to send someone down tomorow to be able to activate Klingberg this week. If Hanley is needed because Klingberg isn't ready for Thursday ( or something ) it would have to be Gurianov by NHL rule because he was the last player called up. Shapiro said that on the Carcast there's some wierd rule for that if Dallas doesn't send someone down to make room for a player activated from IR before the roster freeze the NHL will automatically force the Stars to send down the last player called up.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
By the way Stars need to send someone down tomorow to be able to activate Klingberg this week. If Hanley is needed because Klingberg isn't ready for Thursday ( or something ) it would have to be Gurianov by NHL rule because he was the last player called up. Shapiro said that on the Carcast there's some wierd rule for that if Dallas doesn't send someone down to make room for a player activated from IR before the roster freeze the NHL will automatically force the Stars to send down the last player called up.

Hanley will be sent down, no doubt about it imo. They'll feel more comfortable playing Honka if they have to against a much weaker Chicago team compared to how they would've felt playing him against the Flames tonight. Think that was kinda the plan all along

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Was somewhat expected but good since it means Guri stays up. Still have to see if Klingberg is ready for tomorow if not Honka will slot in i guess.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

After seeing Nichushkin and Guryanov play together, you've got to want to stick Spezza at C between them.

I thought Dickinson should've been there last night. He created so many turnovers in the neutral and offensive zones. All he needed was someone driving the net or in position to get a good shot off which Nuke and Gur were doing all night.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Was klingberg paired with lindell at practise?

I really like the lindell-heiskanen pair and was hoping to see a few more games of it...do you think they will start klingberg on a lower pair with fewer minutes...till his 2nd or 3rd game back?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

I really like the lindell-heiskanen pair and was hoping to see a few more games of it...do you think they will start klingberg on a lower pair with fewer minutes...till his 2nd or 3rd game back?

Yeah Monty said Klingberg and Lindell will be back together, and Klingberg will play on the top PP. He wont be on the PK though for now

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

Lindell and Heiskanen as a pair works fine but Id rather have Miro on the left side. I love that he can play either and it gives us flexibility when we have 3 injured RD but with a healthy Kling it allows us to have Miro be LD on the 2nd pair. Its not a massive difference but it helps the breakouts

Reactions: catters078

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder who Miro is going to be paired with. Miro-Polak didn't look too good but Bayreuther-Polak looks decent and probably shouldn't be touched. So Miro-Fedun i guess (?)

Also Spezza wasn't at practise today and may miss tomorows game as well.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
All of this is "pairing" talk is moot because TOI will break down
Lindell ~25
Heiskanen ~24
Klingberg ~20
Scrubs ~17 or less,
until Klingberg is back to 100%

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Lindell ~25
Heiskanen ~24
Klingberg ~20
Scrubs ~17 or less,

Fedun 30 mins
Polak 25 mins
Klingberg 25 mins
Heiskanen 25 mins
Lindell 10 mins
Bayreuther 5 mins

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Lindell ~25
Heiskanen ~24
Klingberg ~20
Scrubs ~17 or less,

No need to classify Polak as a scrub, the dude is a full on beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad