Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If it was pure fantasy what you want .... I think I'd go:

Zuccarello-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Gurianov
Cogliano-Faksa-Pitlick
Janmark-Dickinson-Spezza

Scratch: Comeau, Nichushkin, Ritchie

Gurianov may see a top 6 chance tomorrow with Benn and Zucc out. He ideally will but I guess we never know with Monty. It's not much of a top 6 chance though with those 2 guys out but hopefully he gets some time with Seguin and/or Radulov and maybe he can get confident and earn a spot up there. Out of all of our depth guys I'd consider him the last chance we have at someone on our roster turning into a top 6 player

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Benn - Faksa - Comeau
Cogliano - Duchene - Spezza
Zuccarello - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Hintz - Guryanov

Heiskanen - Lovejoy
Fedun - Polak
Oleksiak - Klingberg
Lindell

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Benn - Faksa - Comeau
Cogliano - Duchene - Spezza
Zuccarello - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Hintz - Guryanov

Heiskanen - Lovejoy
Fedun - Polak
Oleksiak - Klingberg
Lindell

Trash having Benn ahead of Cogliano.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
The Hockey Gods have been f***ing us all season. It's time for some luck, Gurianov & Hintz produce the rest of the year like top 6 players. Book it.

Val still never scores though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Avs lost in OT so they get a point but also remain a point behind us. Brassard scored a goal tho

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The Hockey Gods have been ****ing us all season. It's time for some luck, Gurianov & Hintz produce the rest of the year like top 6 players. Book it.

Val still never scores though.
One of these is very likely, the other is a prayer, hope or a acid induced dream. You can figure out which.

I'd like to see when all Healthy
Robertson-Seguin-Zucc
Benn-Hintz-Radulov
Dickinson-Faksa-Pitlick
Janmark-L'Esp-Cogliano
Scratched: Comeau, Spezza, Ritchie, Nichushkin
Robertson OHL season should be over by then and it'll be the last 5-6 games of the season for us, so get a good look at Robertson

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Faksa-Zuccarello
Janmark-Spezza-Comeau
Cogliano-Dickinson-Ritchie/Pitlick

Just trying to be realistic about who’s going to be in the lineup. Monty won’t play Gurianov/Nichushkin over any of these players.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
One of these is very likely, the other is a prayer, hope or a acid induced dream. You can figure out which.

I'd like to see when all Healthy
Robertson-Seguin-Zucc
Benn-Hintz-Radulov
Dickinson-Faksa-Pitlick
Janmark-L'Esp-Cogliano
Scratched: Comeau, Spezza, Ritchie, Nichushkin
Robertson OHL season should be over by then and it'll be the last 5-6 games of the season for us, so get a good look at Robertson

I assume this is if we're out of the playoff picture?

I get the feeling that unless Robertson has a fantastic training camp or has a great start in the AHL, we won't be seeing him at the NHL level until the 2020-2021 season. Maybe as a call-up (if he's having a solid AHL season) next year. We definitely won't see him this season but I was really hoping he'd get some Texas games in at least but idk how long the OHL playoffs run for

I hope I'm wrong. A lot will depend on his skating

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I assume this is if we're out of the playoff picture?

I get the feeling that unless Robertson has a fantastic training camp or has a great start in the AHL, we won't be seeing him at the NHL level until the 2020-2021 season. Maybe as a call-up (if he's having a solid AHL season) next year. We definitely won't see him this season but I was really hoping he'd get some Texas games in at least but idk how long the OHL playoffs run for

I hope I'm wrong. A lot will depend on his skating
IMO it is more of when we're out of the playoff picture and less of an if, but yeah, that's the assumption

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
We're currently 16th overall, but only 6 points ahead of the 25th overall team

I'm at the point now where I want us to win obviously, but if we arent then just lose alot lol. Could have a decent shot at a draft lotto pick

However, I looked at the schedule for us, Avs and wild. Wild appear to have the toughest schedule ( opponent wise ) and the Avs look to have the easier of the three.

I imagine if we do make the playoffs we might be in the 8th seed and could see us against the Pacific side. Probably our best chance is against that division

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We're currently 16th overall, but only 6 points ahead of the 25th overall team

I'm at the point now where I want us to win obviously, but if we arent then just lose alot lol. Could have a decent shot at a draft lotto pick

However, I looked at the schedule for us, Avs and wild. Wild appear to have the toughest schedule ( opponent wise ) and the Avs look to have the easier of the three.

I imagine if we do make the playoffs we might be in the 8th seed and could see us against the Pacific side. Probably our best chance is against that division
See you at the April games in Calgary if you feeeeeeel me

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Calgary finishes first in their division though. I think SHarks finish first there. We won season series against both teams ( still got one left against Calgary but up 2-0 so yeah ) but Sharks are probably the better team.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Would feel 10 times better about our chances of advancing if we end up on the Pacific side. Jets and Preds just loaded up so that's a murder row.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Monty on Guri:

“Our expectation isn’t for him to come in and produce offensively,” Montgomery said. “Our expectation is for him to help us win 2-1 or 3-2 games. He needs to be hard without the puck. He needs to take away time and space with his puck pressure."

I don't understand Monty when he says this kind of stuff.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
Monty on Guri:

“Our expectation isn’t for him to come in and produce offensively,” Montgomery said. “Our expectation is for him to help us win 2-1 or 3-2 games. He needs to be hard without the puck. He needs to take away time and space with his puck pressure."

This translates to just being good defensively. But it's a trash statement because Gurianov was drafted to be a top 6 point producing player. If he isn't ready, keep him in the AHL until he can more reliably produce at NHL level.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
This translates to just being good defensively. But it's a trash statement because Gurianov was drafted to be a top 6 point producing player. If he isn't ready, keep him in the AHL until he can more reliably produce at NHL level.

I assumed it to mean contribute defensively without being completely cliche, but to preface it with they don't expect him to produce offensively is bizarre.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Monty on Guri:

I saw that too and I didn't know he'd mean literally no offense at all and keep Gurianov off the PP completely....ridiculous honestly. We aren't trying to turn him into a 4th line player he needs more freedom to try things offensively. He was solid defensively last night too but only played 8:34 and Ritchie and Janmark got PP time over him. Terrible coaching

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Monty playes too many offensively challenged veteran plugs in minutes they just don't deserve.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I generally like Monty, but that’s just dumb to say. We aren’t winning 2-1 games because we usually can’t even score that many. Gurianov has made some great defensive plays as his speed allows him to back check very effectively. I don’t see how a coach can see him and Ritchie play the same game and still say give me Ritchie.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If your plan is to win every game 2-1, you're not gonna win a whole lot of games. It's just unrealistic. I feel Monty has been sending subtle messages to management all season long that we need more scorers and they completely missed/failed to see them somehow/ignored them.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If your plan is to win every game 2-1, you're not gonna win a whole lot of games. It's just unrealistic. I feel Monty has been sending subtle messages to management all season long that we need more scorers and they completely missed/failed to see them somehow/ignored them.

I don't really get where the offense went, though. It wasn't great last year, but it certainly wasn't this bad.

The roster up front really hasn't changed much at all either - if anything, it should be slightly improved. Is it just a coincidence and Benn + virtually all of our depth is having a bad year? Or is it Montgomery? It's hard to know.

Despite his faults, he still has us as a bubble team which is about what most expected. We've had way, way too much turnover at the coaching position to warrant firing him - that would just lead to more of a disaster IMO. If Nill goes, I hope we could at least maintain some continuity in the coaching department.

At the same time, that's more general and less about Monty himself. He hasn't won me over to the point where I'd be upset if he were to be let go (for whatever reason). I like his candidness and honesty in the interviews, and he seems to be a very likable coach and guy. The on-ice product just isn't quite getting it done though, and that does reflect the problems with the team roster-wise, but it also reflects on Monty.

Nill certainly can't fire his 3rd coach in 3 seasons - that's a death sentence for a GM. I think it will be very interesting to see what happens with the coaching if Nill does get let go. The recent turmoil there might make an incoming GM more hesitant to bring in "his guy" at the cost of losing the room even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad