2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I really don't understand sometimes what the plan is to generate scoring chances sometimes .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I took it as just trying to take some pressure off DG, nothing else. Saying we expect him to score 10 goals in 20 games to justify his draft pick and call up would just have him squeezing his stick even harder.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is random but after his point last night, Spezza has officially matched his point total last season.

Last season:
8 goals, 18 assists, in 78 games. (11 PP points)

This season so far:
8 goals, 18 assists, in 61 games (12 PP points)

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This is random but after his point last night, Spezza has officially matched his point total last season.

Last season:
8 goals, 18 assists, in 78 games. (11 PP points)

This season so far:
8 goals, 18 assists, in 61 games (12 PP points)

On pace for 35 points. I think that's pretty reasonable.

His game has certainly declined, though, and the more I think on it, the more I think it's simply time for him to retire. It's probably in the best interest of both the team and player.

Reactions: Kcb12345

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
I won't miss Spezza's random passes into the center of ice. I've lost count on how many turnovers he's created.

He's successful maybe 10% of the time, but it does look good when they work out.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I won't miss Spezza's random passes into the center of ice. I've lost count on how many turnovers he's created.

He's successful maybe 10% of the time, but it does look good when they work out.
It's a panic play by someone who sees a defender closing on them. You'll see it 20 times a game in beer leagues.

Reactions: Nemeth

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This translates to just being good defensively. But it's a trash statement because Gurianov was drafted to be a top 6 point producing player. If he isn't ready, keep him in the AHL until he can more reliably produce at NHL level.
I hate the way he said it. A better answer would be to say we expect a complete game from him or need him to compete defensively as well, but it can't be his sole focus. This team needs goals. They don't need really fast backchecking.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's a panic play by someone who sees a defender closing on them. You'll see it 20 times a game in beer leagues.

As a former beer-leaguer who did this all the time, I take great offense to this statement.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Wow, Stars need a "fixer" with the Hockey Gods. Obviously have had bad Karma with them for years, and even the 2015-6 season was probably them just teasing us.

I am influenced overly by last nights game, where the old college try still came up short, undone by lackluster performance when Vegas turned it up, and inability to avoid stupid mistakes. Its like the Cowboys taking penalties at the most inopportune time. Poorly coached teams do that. Or, those with cultures of mediocrity.

Short version, I don't believe the Stars making the PO is in the stars again this year. Hope they prove me wrong, but I just see the same thing over and over again that I have seen before. Not enough drive to get it done.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Is 4 weeks over yet?

That was a whole different team on the ice with Zucc in the lineup.

I want that intensity and momentum every game.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Is 4 weeks over yet?

That was a whole different team on the ice with Zucc in the lineup.

I want that intensity and momentum every game.

Yes it's a true tragedy.

Zucc was like a fresh wind for the team, he provided a lot of energy.

A buddy of his says Zucc is so sad about the situation, he just hopes the team can hold on to a playoff spot until he's back.
But at least he has plenty of time to explore Dallas..

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Avs win tonight. Stars are now 1 point behind them for the final Wildcard spot but with a game in hand. Tomorrow's game is massive

Edit: of course the Canucks tied the game late and it went into OT so both get points. Avs win in the shootout

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
To make things worse, Chicago just had a late comeback win over Anaheim and won 4-3.

They're now just 4 points behind the Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad