2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Forgive me for not knowing contract and cap stuff as much as most, but if bill shut down methot hanzal or Johns for the year, we would have more cap space to make a big move, correct?

I can’t imagine why this hasn’t been done. The player shut down is still paid in full right? If we don’t acquire a top six scorer there is no chance this team makes any noise. I don’t think this team could be a serious contender in the playoffs even with that help, but it’s mind boggling they aren’t trying to salvage this season. I understand that the organization doesn’t want to waste money paying someone while they won’t play, but at this point it doesn’t look like any of them will be a consistent player for the rest of the year. Just ridiculous

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Forgive me for not knowing contract and cap stuff as much as most, but if bill shut down methot hanzal or Johns for the year, we would have more cap space to make a big move, correct?

I can’t imagine why this hasn’t been done. The player shut down is still paid in full right? If we don’t acquire a top six scorer there is no chance this team makes any noise. I don’t think this team could be a serious contender in the playoffs even with that help, but it’s mind boggling they aren’t trying to salvage this season. I understand that the organization doesn’t want to waste money paying someone while they won’t play, but at this point it doesn’t look like any of them will be a consistent player for the rest of the year. Just ridiculous

Yes.

Once they’re on LTIR, that’s pretty much the end of their season. There’s no reason to do it yet in hopes of them possibly returning - if it needs to be done to accommodate a trade, it will be at that time.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Yes.

Once they’re on LTIR, that’s pretty much the end of their season. There’s no reason to do it yet in hopes of them possibly returning - if it needs to be done to accommodate a trade, it will be at that time.
Gotcha. And yeah, I wouldn’t expect them to do it if there is no possibility or a trade in the works. But I feel like by this point in time it’s obvious this team needs a move now before it’s too late.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I dont understand how we can resign johns in june 2018 but the season starts johns has headaches that make him miss the entire season so far. Seems like a physical would hve been done and showed something before inking.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gotcha. And yeah, I wouldn’t expect them to do it if there is no possibility or a trade in the works. But I feel like by this point in time it’s obvious this team needs a move now before it’s too late.

With Methot and Hanzal, both seem done and we gain little from their return. Johns is a much different case.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I dont understand how we can resign johns in june 2018 but the season starts johns has headaches that make him miss the entire season so far. Seems like a physical would hve been done and showed something before inking.

Concussions are weird and horrible.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

He went into training camp seemingly fine and something in Idaho must've triggered his headaches. He aparently doesn't even know how it started himself though. It just did.

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
He also clearly took what happened very personally for whatever reason and is emotional about it. It sounds like he would like to speak the Stars falling apart into existence and is trying to pile on.

Well Button has been around the NHL all his life and obviously has alot of history with Dallas. He knows when shit gets real as he's probably seen it all before.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
He went into training camp seemingly fine and something in Idaho must've triggered his headaches. He apparently doesn't even know how it started himself though. It just did.

I have vague memory that he got hit during training match etc. and it triggered it. Don't know about his headache history but I think he seemed good to go in the start of season and people thought first his going to miss couple weeks. Not good sign that its taking this long, I presume.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Minor detail but does anyone know who were named as the three stars of the game last night. Can't seem to find that info anywhere and am curious. I think Comeau may have been 1st?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Minor detail but does anyone know who were named as the three stars of the game last night. Can't seem to find that info anywhere and am curious. I think Comeau may have been 1st?

According to the NHL App:
1. Comeau
2. Connor
3. Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad