Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 4.25.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
May also be related to decision yesterday to grant someone exceptional status with day being one of the few granted such status.

that makes the most sense since the other players on that list are superstars but when you read sean day most people think 'who the f is that'...or one of things is not like the others one of these things is not the same...

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
that makes the most sense since the other players on that list are superstars but when you read sean day most people think 'who the f is that'...or one of things is not like the others one of these things is not the same...
Ehhh, it’s still close enough to his draft for people to be going ‘what’s he up to’ rather than ‘who is that?’ And Veleno is an exceptional status guy who dropped way further than he was predicted to go, so exceptional status guys are a 3 for 5 on becoming superstars right away so far

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
I get it, that was back when he entered Juniors. Too bad it hasn't worked out but he does seem to be playing better lately.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What is the deal with Olof Lindbom? I am guessing because he is possibly busting we will waste another high draft pick on a goalie this draft.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What is the deal with Olof Lindbom? I am guessing because he is possibly busting we waste another high draft pick on a goalie.
He injured himself in his second game and missed almost the whole year. He's back and playing in the Top 10 portion of the SuperElit and has been pretty good, but only over five or so games. Not busting, just had an unfortunate injury. Still a stupid pick, though.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I've never been a Day fan but if he's playing better awesome for him, awesome for us the fans, awesome for the organization. The key is to finish the year strong and come into camp with the same level of play and confidence. Development isn't linear.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What is the deal with Olof Lindbom? I am guessing because he is possibly busting we will waste another high draft pick on a goalie this draft.

FWIW, Lindbom ended up finding a couple of games as the backup for Djurgardens despite being out for most of the year. Didn't play any games, but still warranted the call up. From my understanding, he's had some good games in SuperElit, as well. I, like many, thought the pick was underwhelming, but it's definitely too early to call him a bust.

With that said, I do expect the Rangers to grab another keeper. Hopefully not early on, though.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Penn state beats Wisconsin in overtime in the big ten playoffs to end Wisconsin’s season.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
FWIW, Lindbom ended up finding a couple of games as the backup for Djurgardens despite being out for most of the year. Didn't play any games, but still warranted the call up. From my understanding, he's had some good games in SuperElit, as well. I, like many, thought the pick was underwhelming, but it's definitely too early to call him a bust.

With that said, I do expect the Rangers to grab another keeper. Hopefully not early on, though.

They will definitely draft at least 1 goalie.

I did not call him a bust, I said possibly busting.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Not to harp on that horrible 2nd round pick, but....

The next goalie taken was 23 picks later.

The next 4 goalies taken were picked by teams with poor recent draft results and goalie development.

9 goalies taken in the top 4 rounds(124 players). 14 taken in rounds 1 thru 7, 15 taken in rounds 8 & 9.

I only see half a dozen goalies from this draft that have had very good post draft seasons, almost all drafted after the 4th round. San Jose 6th Rounder Zach Emond is 23-0-1 in the Q !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad