Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
McLeod with a roughing call? I didn't see that side of his game in preseason. It'd be nice if he could add a little more grit to his game.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Halifax only has one Euro on their roster right now. The only way it could potentially cause an issue for them is if Filip Zadina is returned by Detroit.

Sounds like Zadina is one of those guys who were on loan to the CHL, so they don't technically count as drafted out of the CHL.

It's NHL or AHL for him, so looks like Safin and Barinka have the spots locked up.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Olivier Rodrique (L 2-2-0) made 19 saves, but the Remparts closed the gates on the Voltigeurs 3-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Sept. 29/18 Remparts 3 Voltigeurs 2 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had a goal and an assist, 2 shots, served 2 for interference (PP goal against) and tripping and was +1, as the IceDogs ran off with the Battalions' rifles 6-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Sept. 29/18 – NB (1) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot and was -1, as the Storm dampened the Spirit 6-5 in OT.
Sept. 29/18 – GUE (6) – SAG (5) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: Ragss

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, 2 shots (1 considered dangerous) and was -1, as the Mooseheads scared off the Wildcats 4-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Sept. 30/18 Mooseheads 4 Wildcats 2 – QMJHL

Ryan McLeod had an assist, a shot, won 17 of 30 faceoffs and was eve, as the Steelheads swam through the Frontenacs' defences 4-1.
Sept. 30/18 – KGN (1) – MISS (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: Ragss

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Brind'Amour with 0 goals and 3 assists in 10 games...in the BCHL. Yeaaaaah, that's not good.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
That's not surprising.

Name me more than zero good pro athletes with the first name Skylar or Skyler.

There's always been something about a Skyler that bothers me.

giphy.gif

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The Remparts used the Moosheads' antlers as coat hooks 6-2. Ostap Safin wasn't dressed.

The Voltigeurs tamed the Tigres 3-1. Olivier Rodrique had the night off.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Yesterday Filip Berglund's Skelleftea faced Joel Persson's Vaxjo.

Skelleftea won 2-1 in a tight game.
Filip Berglund 1 G 0 A +2 16:41 TOI.
Joel Persson no points, 5 SOG, -1, 19:48 TOI

Filip Berglund currently ranks 2nd overall in scoring amongst defencemen in the SHL. His team lies 2nd in the SHL.
Joel Persson has still not had a point and his team is struggling, but apparently the effort in this game was very good for the entire team and the coach is hoping that this is the start of the turn-around. Last year's dominant has only 1 win in 5 GP so far and is a bottom feeder. Interestingly Joel Persson is leading all SHL defencemen in shots on goal so far. So if anyone wants to do a positive interpretation one could say he's been having a bit of bad luck nor cashing in with a goal or an assist on even one of his many chances.

Filip Berglund is 2-2-4 +5 in 6 games to begin the season in Sweden and is averaging 19:31 in ice time.
Berglund has played 21-24 minutes lately but has his first and last game at around 16 mins TOI which takes down his average a bit.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Wow about Berglund. I know it's early in the season and I refuse to get too excited about any prospect until they do something in the pros (in North America) but his development curve is on a serious uptick.
It's impressive how RH offensive Dman has gone from a major weakness in the system to a major strength in a matter of months.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Wow about Berglund. I know it's early in the season and I refuse to get too excited about any prospect until they do something in the pros (in North America) but his development curve is on a serious uptick.
It's impressive how RH offensive Dman has gone from a major weakness in the system to a major strength in a matter of months.
He's doing everything anyone can ask of him, but yes it is very early in the season still. He also started out last season hot (1 G 3 A in hist first 6 GP, but much less TOI) but went into a bit of a slump after the first 10 or so games. Later he bounced back though, especially for the playoffs.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Does anyone have a comparison for Berglund? I know very little about him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
2 assists for McLeod tonight.
1 goal for Maksimov, 8 shots on net.

I really hope that McLeod has a strong showing this season and doesn't have the same kind of hang over that Yamamoto did after being sent down last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad