Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
None of our 2018 draft class is playing for Canada this afternoon against the USA. Phil Kemp however, is back with Quinn Hughes on the top pair for the Americans.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Reactions: Ragss and LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Skelleftea (Filip Berglund) starting their season tonight, facing Bolzano in the Champions Hockey League.

Live stream at www.championshockeyleague.com (some geo-blocking, not very much though so most should be able to see it)

Game start:
7.45 PM (GMT +2)
11.45 AM (MDT / GMT -6)

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Sorry if it was brought up before, but what the heck happened with Svoboda? He signed with Nashville. Did we let him go, or was there news that he just didn't want to sign?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Sorry if it was brought up before, but what the heck happened with Svoboda? He signed with Nashville. Did we let him go, or was there news that he just didn't want to sign?
His rights with the Oilers expired while he was still playing in the second tier Czech league. He then had a solid season in the top Czech league which lead to his contract.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Olivier Rodrique stopped 6 of 8 shots in the first 29:51 of the game, as the Voltigeurs lost 7-4 to the Huskies.

QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.

3 games tonight in the OHL:
Oshawa at Mississauga (Ryan McLeod) @ 5 PM
Barrie at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
Sarnia at London (Evan Bouchard) @ 5:30 PM

Ostap Safin is not listed on the Saint John pre-season roster. It's mentioned that he sustained an injury in a recent U20 game between the Czech Republic and Finland, according to the Edmonton Journal from August 26th.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Skelleftea lost 4-3 after a shootout vs Bolzano in their season opener.

Filip Berglund 1 G 1 A +2 20:14 TOI

My connection was not great so I had a tough time following, but apart from the obvious (points) Berglund was solid. He broke up, or at least handled well, two two-on-ones at important times; one time late in the 3rd and another in OT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backhand

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

My connection was not great so I had a tough time following, but apart from the obvious (points) Berglund was solid. He broke up, or at least handled well, two two-on-ones at important times; one time late in the 3rd and another in OT.

Berglund has been one of my dark horses since we drafted him. Keep him in the fold let him keep playing in Europe. I think down the road he could be a guy who jumps right in and becomes a cheap contributor for us.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Good to hear. Hopefully we can sign him.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Oshawa beat Mississauga 4-1. Ryan McLeod wasn't dressed.
Barrie shutout Niagara 1-0. Kirill Maksimov wasn't dressed.
Evan Bouchard scored the opening goal, added 2 assists, took 4 shots, was +2 and named first star, as the Knights beat the Sting 4-1.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

2 games in the OHL.
Peterborough at Guelph (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
London (Evan Bouchard) at Sarnia @ 5 PM

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
3 points so far. Is Elias Petersen on the club?
Nope. But SHL is tougher than champions hockey league so soon we'll see how he fares. What I saw in his second game though was that the opposition put a man on him on the PP. Good sign imo because that is not very common, and means he is a danger. The problem was though that his team were not able to handle the fictive 4 vs 3. Maybe the last game was better, I missed it, but in the game I saw it was a good tactic for the opposition.

Filip Berglund with 1 G tonight vs a team I have never heard of in champions hockey league. Skelleftea won 8-1.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
A bit late, butstill:

First Champions Hockey League (chl) rounds done, next games will be played in October.
Joel Persson 4 GP (1 W) --- 1 G 3 A 4 pts
Filip Berglund 4 GP (3 W) --- 2 G 1 A 3 pts

Despite getting points I must say that from watching the games Joel Persson did not impress me very much at all. Very invisible in general. I guess Vaxjo are suffering a bit from the loss of Elias Pettersson, but they better figure out how to play without him soon (they still have very strong players) or else they will have a hard time this season. On the PP Persson looked good, but he was often covered by the opposition and Vaxjo did not really know how to handle that to it became a bit ineffective. Cannot complain about getting points though.

Filip Berglund I think was very impressive. Not invisible at all, quite the opposite, and in a good way. I didn't expect him to be this involved in the offense, often when things heated up in the offensive zone he was taking part in the attack. He could have easily had a couple of more points if his team mates would have been better in capitalizing on opportunities he set up. This kid could be heading for a break-through in the SHL this season. He is still 2nd pair RD on SAIK though, seeing his age, experience and who is playing infront of him that is fine, but already in a couple of games in the chl he logged the most minutes of all D men on the team.

So in conclusion, Persson - disappointing performance, he got the points but didn't stand out (and his team was quite bad, losing games they should have been winning).
Berglund - very impressive performace. It will be very interesting to follow throughout the season, hopefully he can keep this up.

Regular SHL season starts this Saturday, 15 September.

Reactions: Pochiro and Aerchon

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Filip Berglund scored with a wrister, 5min into the SHL season opener, leading his team to a 5-1 victory. He also logged a powerplay assist. His TOI was 16:10, but with the poise he is playing, I expect his TOI to go up.

Oh, and he is leading the SHL defenseman scoreboard. Double amount of points to the guy at 2nd place ;)

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Was going to post the above, thanks @romelson.
Berglund 1 G 1 A 2 PIM 16:10.
He is apparently playing on the PP1 now (the assist came on the PP1).

NOTE: Half way through the 2nd Filip was 1st in TOI on his team.

I can't watch SHL this year, f***ing insane prices ($40 per month...), but I followed the live stats watching. Then I had dinner, coming back now it was very strange to see him almost lowest in ice time among the D.

I'd say he was benched or purposedly rested. Can't say, can't watch due to insane greedyness of the broadcaster...

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The Mooseheads head-butted the Sea Dogs 5-4 in OT. Ostap Safin wasn't in the lineup.

Olivier Rodrique (L 0-1-0) made 24 saves but the Huskies tore a strip off the Voltigeurs 6-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Sept. 21/18 Voltigeurs 2 Huskies 6 – QMJHL

Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, 2 shots and was -1, as the Wolves snarled at the Storm 4-2.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Sept. 21/18 – SBY (4) – GUE (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad