Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Filip Berglund led his Skelleftea in TOI with 23:05 and had an assist in a 3-2 OT win.

Joel Persson was held off the scoring sheet for the second consecutive game when Vaxjo lost their second straight game. Last season power house team has only scored 1 goal in their first games in regular season.

Current stats, SHL + CHL (champions hockey league), is:
Filip Berglund 7 GP 3 G 3 A +7
Joel Persson 6 GP 1 G 3 A -1

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Does anyone have an idea of what Bakersfield's lineup could look like?

Benson-Marody-Yamamoto?
Malone-Currie-Vesel
Gambardella-McFarland-Russell
Polei-Larkin-Gust
Vesey, Hebig, Van Stralen

Jones-Bear?
Lowe/Stanton-Day
Lagesson-Kulevich

Wells
Skinner
Starrett

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Benson-Marody-Yamamoto?
Malone-Currie-Vesel
Gambardella-McFarland-Russell
Polei-Larkin-Gust
Vesey, Hebig, Van Stralen

Jones-Bear?
Lowe/Stanton-Day
Lagesson-Kulevich

Wells
Skinner
Starrett
Interesting thanks.

Who do you think would be first call ups from the Thunder? I'm surprised Larkin is penciled in.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Interesting thanks.

Who do you think would be first call ups from the Thunder? I'm surprised Larkin is penciled in.

Larkin actually didn’t look bad at all in the games he got into. Much better than Vesey, whose only notable contribution was getting filled in by some giant Ukrainian defenceman on the Flames. Still not sure why we wasted a 7th on him.

Reactions: LeafChief

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin reportedly to be traded to Memorial Cup hosts Halifax Mooseheads soon

I was wondering why Safin's name wasn't shown as being part of the Sea Dog's team on their website. Kind of thought he might be traded but also that he might've been still injured. Part of it is that the Q has trade windows and I didn't know if one was still open.

OilBuoy

Sep 8, 2006
I was wondering why Safin's name wasn't shown as being part of the Sea Dog's team on their website. Kind of thought he might be traded but also that he might've been still injured. Part of it is that the Q has trade windows and I didn't know if one was still open.

The trade window in the Q is currently closed until December but it doesn't apply to 20 year olds, import players, or players on protective lists but not on the active roster. Those players can be traded at any time throughout the season up until the trade deadline.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ostap Safin reportedly to be traded to Memorial Cup hosts Halifax Mooseheads soon

That would be great for him.

Interesting thanks.

Possibly Hebig or Vanstralen. Larkin is big and has wheels as well as a decent shot, he could be a future 4C in the making. If there isn't room for Hebig in an offensive role he might be best served to start the year in he ECHL. If Yamamoto keeps playing like he did last night there maybe room for Hebig on the Condors yet.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The trade window in the Q is currently closed until December but it doesn't apply to 20 year olds, import players, or players on protective lists but not on the active roster. Those players can be traded at any time throughout the season up until the trade deadline.

Thanks for the information. The one thing I see is that Halifax will have to trade one of their European players in order to fit Safin on the team.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Thanks for the information. The one thing I see is that Halifax will have to trade one of their European players in order to fit Safin on the team.
Halifax only has one Euro on their roster right now. The only way it could potentially cause an issue for them is if Filip Zadina is returned by Detroit.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Halifax only has one Euro on their roster right now. The only way it could potentially cause an issue for them is if Filip Zadina is returned by Detroit.

Halifax already lists 3 imports on their team roster, apart from Zadina. Benoit-Olivier Groulx from France, Marcel Barinka from the Czech Republic and Samuel Dubé from Germany. Groulx hasn't played yet this season but they might have to trade 2 to get Safin.

Halifax Mooseheads – Official site of the Halifax Mooseheads

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Halifax already lists 3 imports on their team roster, apart from Zadina. Benoit-Olivier Groulx from France, Marcel Barinka from the Czech Republic and Samuel Dubé from Germany. Groulx hasn't played yet this season but they might have to trade 2 to get Safin.

Halifax Mooseheads – Official site of the Halifax Mooseheads
Groulx and Dube were both selected in the QMJHL draft not the CHL Import Draft so I don't believe either are classified as Imports. Groulx definitely isn't as he played his bantam/midget hockey in Quebec and has represented Canada internationally. Dube I believe falls into an odd rule where he is still classified as a Canadian due to his parents.

Reactions: nabob and oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Groulx and Dube were both selected in the QMJHL draft not the CHL Import Draft so I don't believe either are classified as Imports. Groulx definitely isn't as he played his bantam/midget hockey in Quebec and has represented Canada internationally. Dube I believe falls into an odd rule where he is still classified as a Canadian due to his parents.

Thanks. I didn't look that close and just went by country of birth.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Little blurb this week on McFarland resurrecting his career potentially
31 Thoughts: Team owners played key role in Erik Karlsson trade - Sportsnet.ca

Ten years ago, McFarland was the number one pick in the Ontario Hockey League, by Sudbury. Eight years ago, he was the 33rd selection in the big-league draft, by Florida. He was sent to the ECHL before he made the NHL, and the Panthers moved on after a three-game trial in 2015-16. He went to Finland and Switzerland, with his 2017-18 season ending in mid-November because of a right shoulder that needed surgery.
“It was a lingering thing,” McFarland said Sunday. “I’d gone (to Switzerland) knowing it wasn’t amazing. It needed to be reconstructed, from the collarbone to the shoulder itself.”
McFarland was back in the gym two weeks later, but wasn’t cleared for contact for five months. Meanwhile, his agent (Mark Guy) worked on finding new employment. There were overseas offers, but no real nibbles in North America. Then came a call from Edmonton’s assistant to the president of hockey operations, Bill Scott.
“They had some notes on me from the past, and I think he has a friend at the gym where I train. I’m very fortunate they called. Thankful. There were times after the surgery I worried I wasn’t going to get another job.” The Oilers signed McFarland to an AHL/ECHL contract. He was sent to AHL Bakersfield last week for the start of that training camp.
18. McFarland’s issue wasn’t behavioural (people say very good things about him), but he just wasn’t competitive enough to make the most of his skills. His brother, Paul, an assistant coach in Florida, is “a big part of my support system,” and the two worked hard to make sure John was prepared for this. “I had nerves at the start” of Edmonton’s camp, John said. “I tried to make myself realize I’ve been there before.”
Did the Oilers say much to you? “No,” he answered. “But I assume no news is good news. All I think about now is making Bakersfield. I’m more mature than I used to be, a better hockey IQ, I’ve learned little pieces from every coach that I had. I’m really excited to show what I am now.”

Reactions: nexttothemoon

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games tonight.

QMJHL

Halifax (Ostap Safin) at Cape Breton @ 4 PM
Listen at CJNI 95.7 Halifax or watch on QMJHL Live

Shawinigan at Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Erie at Mississauga (Ryan McLeod) @ 5 PM
Listen at CKNT 960 Mississauga or watch on OHL Live

Kingston at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Owen Sound at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Reactions: Aerchon

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, had a hit, lost his only faceoff and was even, as the Mooseheads knocked the nests of the Screaming Eagles over 4-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Sept. 28/18 Mooseheads 4 Screaming Eagles 2 – QMJHL

Olivier Rodrique (W 2-1-0) made 17 saves, as the Voltigeurs left the Cataractes in a haze 12-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Sept. 28/18 Cataractes 1 Voltigeurs 12 – QMJHL

Ryan McLeod had an assist, 3 shots, won 13 of 25 faceoffs, took a roughing call and was +1, as the Steelheads swam away from the Otters 6-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Sept. 28/18 – ER (1) – MISS (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov had an assist, a shot and was even, as the IceDogs watered on the Frontenacs 3-1.
Sept. 28/18 – KGN (1) – NIAG (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, 5 shots and was -2, as the Storm blew over the Attack 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad