QMJHL

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Halifax (Ostap Sain) @ Noon
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or CJNI 95.7 Halifax or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at North Bay @ Noon
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

London (Evan Bouchard) at Windsor @ Noon
Listen at 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

I’m in Halifax as we speak but can’t go to game . Would really like to see Rodrique and Saifin. I’ll be down for a game soon in Halifax

Reactions: oilers'72

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
A nice Sunday for Oilers dmen prospects.

Samarukov with 3 assists, +3 and was named 1st star...on paper it looks like Samarukov's best game of the year.
Bouchard with 2 assists, +3 and was named 3rd star .

Bouchard's now got 12 points in 9 games, and is a crazy +16.

He's almost caught up to Dobson in points.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Not that I know OHL very well at all but by the looks of things London Knights are getting some crazy production from their D's. Bouchard is tearing it up down there, great to see.
Last 7 GP:
Bouchard 3 G 8 A 11 pts + 14
Boqvist 5 G 3 A 8 pts + 8
Regula 0 G 4 A + 8
Timms 0 G 4 A +2
Golden 0 G 4 A +4

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not that I know OHL very well at all but by the looks of things London Knights are getting some crazy production from their D's. Bouchard is tearing it up down there, great to see.
Last 7 GP:
Bouchard 3 G 8 A 11 pts + 14
Boqvist 5 G 3 A 8 pts + 8
Regula 0 G 4 A + 8
Timms 0 G 4 A +2
Golden 0 G 4 A +4
+14 in last 7, what a beast. Looking forward to him at the World Juniors

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
At this point he plays over Dobson
Over anyone I suppose (cannot say I know the competition really though).

Boqvist will be the key player for Sweden though, that's for sure, and Bouchard tops him in London. I know Canada have a better prospectpool though.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Over anyone I suppose (cannot say I know the competition really though).

Boqvist will be the key player for Sweden though, that's for sure, and Bouchard tops him in London. I know Canada have a better prospectpool though.

I don't know about that. Liljegren and Brännström are both a year older and doing well in AHL and have a lot of experience playing against men and will probably play on the swedish top pair together. WJC is traditionally the tournament of 19 year olds so while I think Boqvist will be a solid contributor he's not the main man on the swedish squad. Maybe next year though.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I don't know about that. Liljegren and Brännström are both a year older and doing well in AHL and have a lot of experience playing against men and will probably play on the swedish top pair together. WJC is traditionally the tournament of 19 year olds so while I think Boqvist will be a solid contributor he's not the main man on the swedish squad. Maybe next year though.
Ah, I forgot about them... You're right of course.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
I don't follow junior outside of our prospects. Why are people convinced Bouchard has a peanut brain or deserves to be a bottom pairing dman on team canada?

After we drafted him, an amateur scout put out a YouTube video criticing his defensive abilities.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
After we drafted him, an amateur scout put out a YouTube video criticing his defensive abilities.

Ah. That's the worst. I didn't realize we were drafting a dman who still had issues in some aspects of his game that required patience and development. Swing and a miss I guess :sarcasm:

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton

Samarukov with 3 assists, +3 and was named 1st star...on paper it looks like Samarukov's best game of the year.

No issue with players going back for their D+1. at all He is crushing it and so is his club. Next cuf of coffee he gets with the big club he should be a beast.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Good article. Informative excerpt at the end:

Sam Hallam, the 39-year old Växjö coach, knows a thing or two about working your way to success. So does the city. In Hallam’s six years with Växjö, the club that was founded just 21 years ago has already won two Swedish championships. Växjö Lakers managed to work their way up from the all-amateur, more or less beer-league level sixth-tier of Swedish hockey to the SHL in just over a decade. If that’s possible in today’s hockey, Persson becoming the first Swedish player since Fabian Brunnström to go from third-tier hockey to the NHL in just two years maybe isn’t all that wild after all.

Hallam sure thinks he can do it.

“Eventually, yes. I think they have a good plan for him in Edmonton. As long as he keeps working the way he does on the ice and makes sure to be ready physically when he leaves for camp. He’s not afraid to take a beating, he’s not shying away from physical hockey and he has a great ability to move the puck to the right address. He’s one of those few, really smart players who can deal with stuff by being in the right spot, lifting a stick here and there, picking angles and gaps just right”, says Hallam.

“So yeah, I think he has a good chance. It’s really up to himself, I’d say. Even if things shouldn’t go his way right away over there, he should keep tugging away at it. Getting the chance to be an NHL player isn’t as obvious a step for him as it maybe is for some other players, and his humbleness and maturity could probably give him some tools to handle these things that you maybe don’t have if you get drafted with high expectations when you’re 18.”

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Sunday, Oivier Rodrique (W 14-5-0) made 24 saves, as the Voltigeurs stuck their bayonets through the eyes of the Mooseheads 6-3. Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, got called for hooking (PPG against) and was -2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Nov. 25/18 Voltigeurs 6 Mooseheads 3 – QMJHL

Dmitri Samorukov had 3 assists, a shot, got called for holding, was +3 and named first star, as the Storm bogged down the Battalion 6-2.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Nov. 25/18 – GUE (6) – NB (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had two assists, 5 shots, was +3 and named third star, as the Knights punctured the tires of the Spitfires 4-2.
Nov. 25/18 – LDN (4) – WSR (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey Nightmare

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Great to see. Wasn’t such a bad idea in sending him back. How is Samarukov’s foot speed? He has good size

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
On Sunday, Oivier Rodrique (W 14-5-0) made 24 saves, as the Voltigeurs stuck their bayonets through the eyes of the Mooseheads 6-3. Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, got called for hooking (PPG against) and was -2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Nov. 25/18 Voltigeurs 6 Mooseheads 3 – QMJHL

Dmitri Samorukov had 3 assists, a shot, got called for holding, was +3 and named first star, as the Storm bogged down the Battalion 6-2.
Nov. 25/18 – GUE (6) – NB (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 5 shots, was +3 and named third star, as the Knights punctured the tires of the Spitfires 4-2.
Nov. 25/18 – LDN (4) – WSR (2) – Ontario Hockey League
Evan Bouchard had two assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad