Red Deer, Alta
Reactions: Draiskull

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games tonight.

QMJHL

Drummndville (Olivier Rodrique) at Saint John @ 4 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or 96.1 CINB Saint John (English) or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

North Bay at Mississauga (Ryan McLeod) @ 5 PM
Listen at CKNT 960 Mississauga or watch on OHL Live

Barrie at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Sault Ste. Marie at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Owen Sound at London (Evan Bouchard) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

Reactions: Draiskull

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Wow I don't remember Bouchard being able to rush the puck like that! I knew that he had a bomb of a shot and exceptional passing, but not this.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The Voltigeurs made the Sea Dogs prisoners of war 7-2. Olivier Rodrique had the night off.

Ryan McLeod had no points, 2 shots, won 7 of 10 faceoffs and was -1, but the Battalion marched on the Steelheads 5-2.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Nov. 23/18 – NB (5) – MISS (2) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov had 2 goals (1 PP), 7 shots, got called for interference (PPG against), was +1 and named second star, as the IceDogs nipped at thehooves of the Colts 6-2.
Nov. 23/18 – BAR (2) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot and was +1, as the Storm bogged down the Greyhounds 5-4 in OT.
Nov. 23/18 – SSM (4) – GUE (5) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 8 shots, served 2 for roughing (SHG for) and was +1, as the Knights routed the Attack 7-2.
Nov. 23/18 – OS (2) – LDN (7) – Ontario Hockey League

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games today plus one non-prospect game on TV.

OHL

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Hamilton @ 2 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Mississauga (Ryan McLeod) at Sudbury @ 2 PM
Listen at CKNT 960 Mississauga or watch on OHL Live

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Barrie @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

QMJHL

Baie-Comeau at Halifax (Ostap Safin) @ 4 PM
Listen at CJNI 95.7 Halifax or watch on QMJHL Live

Drummondville (Olivier Rodrique) at Moncton @ 4:30 PM
Listen at 92.1 CJDM Drummondville or 105.1 CITA Moncton (English) or watch on QMJHL Live

WHL
Lethbridge at Moose Jaw @ 1:30 PM
Watch it on Sportsnet.

Last edited:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Is it a product of his poor skating?

I wouldn't call his skating poor. Just poor decision making.

I think it's a product of him not being a good player outside of goal scoring. Wicked shot, wicked bad rest of his game.

This is absolutely false. Great vision and can move the puck well on PP and can pass just as well as he can shoot on a 2 on 1. Lots to work on, but he's not a one trick pony.

Reactions: North

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think it's a product of him not being a good player outside of goal scoring. Wicked shot, wicked bad rest of his game.

I don't think it's that the rest of his game is bad. He plays with an edge and crosses it a lot.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I wouldn't call his skating poor. Just poor decision making.

This is absolutely false. Great vision and can move the puck well on PP and can pass just as well as he can shoot on a 2 on 1. Lots to work on , but he's not a one trick pony.

Which is something you would expect for a fifth round pick. If he can turn that shot into something useful when he's a pro then that's a good thing to have in the pipeline.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Which is something you would expect for a fifth round pick. If he can turn that shot into something useful when he's a pro then that's a good thing to have in the pipeline.
I'm just tempering expectations for a bit. Some people think he is a sure thing cause of his shot but he can get away with it at the junior level, don't even think he would be a strong AHL guy anytime soon either.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'm just tempering expectations for a bit. Some people think he is a sure thing cause of his shot but he can get away with it at the junior level, don't even think he would be a strong AHL guy anytime soon either.

I hear you. He's not a sure thing by any stretch but he is trending well.

He does have to clean up the discipline part of his game.

At this point only he and Hebig are shoot first guys so I hope they both pan out.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The woes for the NCAA guys continue.

McPhee, Dudek, Rasanen, Marino and Kemp have combined for 5 points in 41 games.

Cairns(3 points in 8 games) and Desharnais(4 points in 12 games) are the only ones kind of showing a pulse.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kirill Maksimov had no points, 5 shots, lost his only faceoff, took 4 penalties (roughing, interference, unsportsmanlike conduct and a coincidental tripping call) and was even, but the Bulldogs had the IceDogs belly up 5-2.
Nov. 24/18 – NIAG (2) – HAM (5) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had no points, 3 shots, won 10 of 26 faceoffs and was even, but the Wolves ate the Steelheads 3-2.
Nov. 24/18 – MISS (2) – SBY (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, 4 shots, took a coincidental roughing call and was -4, as Colts ran fast through the Storm 8-2.
Nov. 24/18 – GUE (2) – BAR (8) – Ontario Hockey League

Ostap Safin had no points, a shot (not considered dangerous), threw a hit and was -1, but the Drakkar sailed through the Mooseheads 2-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
nov. 24 /18 Drakkar 2 Mooseheads 1 – QMJHL

Olivier Rodrique (W 13-5-0) made 35 saves and was named third star, as the Voltigeurs skinned the Wildcats 7-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
nov. 24 /18 Voltigeurs 7 Wildcats 1 – QMJHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad