GDT: 2018-2019 Other Playoff Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Seriously, the caps last year looked more excited.

the blues and their fanbase never really hit me as "rabid"

they're all so meh
I’ll report back tomorrow with the craziness after I go to work, but going to go ahead and tell you well in advance that you’re wrong. City has been “rabid” this whole run and most of the past decade.

If you win or are the Cardinals, you’ll get support here. If you suck and hire clowns like Jeff Fisher to coach your football team, you won’t get an ounce of support and will move to LA.

Their fans may be obnoxious and have stupid opinions/lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the game, but all fan bases do. Hence why I enjoy supporting non-local teams because you are able to shield yourself from the idiots and converse with other passionate and mostly knowledgeable people that post in forums such as this (which the casual fair weather fan doesn’t).

Reactions: Frosty415

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I think it's a lot of complaining about nothing personally. I remember when it was 1v8, people were complaining about wanting divisional playoffs back. And all the stuff about 2nd best team having to play 3rd best team in the league just happens cuz of chance. It's not like the top 3 teams in the league are always going to be in the same division every year.
round robin!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
nice to see that the fans are just as big of a disgrace as the team on the ice are. i will never understand the urge to destroy your city when a professional sports team wins a championship from said city.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I’ll report back tomorrow with the craziness after I go to work, but going to go ahead and tell you well in advance that you’re wrong. City has been “rabid” this whole run and most of the past decade.

If you win or are the Cardinals, you’ll get support here. If you suck and hire clowns like Jeff Fisher to coach your football team, you won’t get an ounce of support and will move to LA.

Their fans may be obnoxious and have stupid opinions/lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the game, but all fan bases do. Hence why I enjoy supporting non-local teams because you are able to shield yourself from the idiots and converse with other passionate and mostly knowledgeable people that post in forums such as this (which the casual fair weather fan doesn’t).

Cheers for the real talk, enjoy the celebrations in St. Louis if you're there

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Crazy eh? it just makes me want to quit watching Hockey

I think I've instantly stopped caring about hockey altogether.

What an embarrassment...

This is where I’m at.

I saw both of my teams get reverse swept by rivals. I witnessed the Bruins collapse against the Hawks at the end of game 6. I watched the Penguins cruise by the Sharks in what could be my favourite player’s only chance at a cup. I’ve went through those lows and many others, but seeing this Blues team win a cup is different. In my opinion they’re the dirtiest and most undeserving team I’ve ever seen win.

I’ve thought for a long time that the NHL is the worst major league by far in terms of officiating, head office, DoPS, etc. etc.. Tonight just feels like the straw that broke the camels back for me.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
nice to see that the fans are just as big of a disgrace as the team on the ice are. i will never understand the urge to destroy your city when a professional sports team wins a championship from said city.

When the Ravens won the superbowl in 2013, i was at school in Baltimore and went downtown to celebrate. there was one lone parked car on one the busiest street (in terms of crowd), all the windows smashed, people on the roof, etc. Eventually, enough dudes tried to flip it, and they got close before a police brigade charged in and pushed the flippers out of the way. I was feet from that car and have a video somewhere, i'll find it and share it.

EDIT: found it

Last edited:

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
This is where I’m at.

I saw both of my teams get reverse swept by rivals. I witnessed the Bruins collapse against the Hawks at the end of game 6. I watched the Penguins cruise by the Sharks in what could be my favourite player’s only chance at a cup. I’ve went through those lows and many others, but seeing this Blues team win a cup is different. In my opinion they’re the dirtiest and most undeserving team I’ve ever seen win.

I’ve thought for a long time that the NHL is the worst major league by far in terms of officiating, head office, DoPS, etc. etc.. Tonight just feels like the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Honestly man I'm right there with you, from the dirty hits that took out Hertl and the league not even taking a look at it, to the league constantly apologizing to the teams Sharks played against, and then top it off with a shitty blues team winning really capped it for me losing interest in hockey this post-season.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
This is where I’m at.

Glad you feel that way my friend, I've been a fan of this sport since 96-97 and I'm at this exact crossroads.

Like, after all the bullshit we suffered, it still continues to get worse.

I keep joking about it but I'm somewhat serious when I say quitting sports altogether, that shit has been so stressful in my life. I love this team but damn.

Reactions: Phu and goflyakite

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Glad you feel that way my friend, I've been a fan of this sport since 96-97 and I'm at this exact crossroads.

Like, after all the bull**** we suffered, it still continues to get worse.

I keep joking about it but I'm somewhat serious when I say quitting sports altogether, that **** has been so stressful in my life. I love this team but damn.
I spent a lot of this season just boxscore watching but part of it was that i volunteered to oversee a swing shift so partially on me. i didn't really feel like i missed much though. i still watched all the games i had time for and had the general feel for the team each month. just didn't feel the need to lock myself into a mandatory 3 hour viewing every time. i still enjoy the discourse overall though.

Reactions: Frosty415

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
yea, even though i've been pretty cool on hockey this year, i still look forward to every game.

Honestly, the qutting aspect has a lot to do with players I loved like Thornton and Marleau retiring without a ring.

yet pieces of shit like Perron got one.

It is what it is... but we all know hockey is a more about luck than skill.

*edit* point is this game is a drug.. and the anger leads me to come back
**double edit** I'm just a bit tipsy and angry, I realize quoting you made no sense

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu and goflyakite

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Like, after all the bull**** we suffered, it still continues to get worse.

I keep joking about it but I'm somewhat serious when I say quitting sports altogether, that **** has been so stressful in my life. I love this team but damn.
This was a truly embarrassing playoffs for the league all around. Tampa getting swept, all the division winners losing in the 1st round, unpenalized headshots, headshots not even being reviewed by the DOPS, iffy 5 minute majors, hand passes leading to OT goals, refs being dismissed, the league apologizing to teams after games, coaches bitching about officiating and it actually working, etc. It's only fitting that in a postseason where the league shit the bed constantly, the team that won it all cared as little about player safety as Gary Bettman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad