GDT: 2018-2019 Other Playoff Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Ughhh STL headshots take it home. Congrats to their fans at least. I have to imagine there’s some poor schmuck out there that’s been rooting for them this whole time, and he’s ecstatic right now now. Makes this easier to accept

True, hopefully I can be that poor schmuck 25 years from now.

Probably not, I'll be dead.

Reactions: goflyakite

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Meh, at his prime he was a top pairing guy. Not a #1 by any means, but a reliable shutdown dman.
He's not in his prime anymore. He's just a meh dman now that just won the Cup. Really cheapens the whole thing.

I haven't really been on board with the whole complaint about best on best facing off too early in the playoffs, but this definitely was not a best on best final, or either team playing at their best healthwise or energywise.

Maybe the playoffs actually are too long. Maybe the format actually is flawed fatally.

Round robin!

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
He's not in his prime anymore. He's just a meh dman now that just won the Cup. Really cheapens the whole thing.

I haven't really been on board with the whole complaint about best on best facing off too early in the playoffs, but this definitely was not a best on best final, or either team playing at their best healthwise or energywise.

Maybe the playoffs actually are too long. Maybe the format actually is flawed fatally.

Round robin!
I don't understand why they don't go back to just 1st vs 8th. Vegas Sharks shouldn't be a perennial 1st rd.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yea, I miss it. I'm so sick of the same 1st round every year.
I think it's a lot of complaining about nothing personally. I remember when it was 1v8, people were complaining about wanting divisional playoffs back. And all the stuff about 2nd best team having to play 3rd best team in the league just happens cuz of chance. It's not like the top 3 teams in the league are always going to be in the same division every year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad