GDT: 2018-2019 Other Playoff Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I believe that Lehner is actually a good goalie, but Mrazek/McElhenny...the Islanders just haven’t gotten to him. Am I wrong? It isn’t like he has been making big stop after big stop.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I believe that Lehner is actually a good goalie, but Mrazek/McElhenny...the Islanders just haven’t gotten to him. Am I wrong? It isn’t like he has been making big stop after big stop.

I don't see much of the East, but that Islanders lineup doesn't stand out to me as an offensive catalyst. Some really good second liners, with Barzal and Lee added in. There was literally no 30 goal scorers this eason, and only 3 x 20 goal scorers.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
I would be shocked if Columbus or Boston isn’t repping the east in the finals but Carolina has that Cinderella feel to them like 06. Then again these whole playoffs have been crazy

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
Isles swept the Pens and are gonna get swept by the Canes, who would have thought lol.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Isles swept the Pens and are gonna get swept by the Canes, who would have thought lol.

I think the Islanders are the better team, but both teams are pretty untested in the playoffs. The Hurricanes came off a tough series where they learned first-hand how to handle a tough series...that's useful experience. In contrast, the Islanders cakewalked to a win over a sloppy and tired Penguins teams.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Islanders look lost.

They should be embarrassed at their play in the last five minutes. That was exhibition game levels of effort and execution.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If you freeze frame it right now, NHL and NBC must be hating life right now given the teams they like and dislike when it comes to a potential Cup Finals matchups. NYI and Boston are their only hopes for their so called "traditional" markets out East and none of the West teams remaining have "Blackhawks" in their name.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
If you freeze frame it right now, NHL and NBC must be hating life right now given the teams they like and dislike when it comes to a potential Cup Finals matchups. NYI and Boston are their only hopes for their so called "traditional" markets out East and none of the West teams remaining have "Blackhawks" in their name.

But supposedly ratings are up? At least that’s what the Teal Town USA guys said

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Binnington has been so beatable lately. Really want these teams going 7 and for us to end Colorado in 5

I'd bet on it just being a bad game.

lol Bishop acting like there's a sniper in the building

You don't ever hit the goaltender like that. If you allow that to happen it creates a terrible incentive for players to go after the other team's goaltender, crippling their opposition.

It better be open season on David Perron. It is a massive taboo to hit the goalie like that for good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad