2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hamonic is considered week-to-week.

That uppercut man.

"It's endlessly hilarious how Gudbranson can be complete trash for 20 games straight but then has one good game (which usually isn't even actually good) and the crowd who learned everything they know about hockey from watching Rock'em Sock'em videos in 1993 starts absolutely creaming themselves."
Re: "He doesn't even have to have a good game, he just has to punch someone in the face."
ReRe: "He doesn't even have to do that. He can concede 5 odd-man rushes in a game but throw a big hit and these people will be honestly claiming he was one of the best players on the ice. It's insane."

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
"It's endlessly hilarious how Gudbranson can be complete trash for 20 games straight but then has one good game (which usually isn't even actually good) and the crowd who learned everything they know about hockey from watching Rock'em Sock'em videos in 1993 starts absolutely creaming themselves."
Re: "He doesn't even have to have a good game, he just has to punch someone in the face."
ReRe: "He doesn't even have to do that. He can concede 5 odd-man rushes in a game but throw a big hit and these people will be honestly claiming he was one of the best players on the ice. It's insane."
You got all that from one injury report? :laugh:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Imagine having God’s playing 17 mins a night. Would eliminate the need for
Haley, and could fill out the forward lineup with more skill. It’s clear what we’ve been missing since he been gone. People
Just still in denial and just can’t accept it. When our d are getting cycled down low and can’t do anything about it next game I’ll be sure to bring it up

Reactions: PSLguy

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Nah, I loved Guddy for his toughness, fights, heart, big hits but not really for his defense. I think you forgot the times he got caught out of position or leaving the crease to chase someone thus becoming out of position or tripping over himself or the elbowing penalties, etc.

I'm not a big fan of Petro and actually think this is probably it for him as a Panther. But even he saves us from Guddy's contact.

-ghoste

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Imagine having God’s playing 17 mins a night. Would eliminate the need for
Haley, and could fill out the forward lineup with more skill. It’s clear what we’ve been missing since he been gone. People
Just still in denial and just can’t accept it. When our d are getting cycled down low and can’t do anything about it next game I’ll be sure to bring it up

Yeah, we’re missing his career -67 on the backend for sure.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I miss Gudbranson. I liked the toughness he brought to the team. I didn’t notice him being out of position regularly like some people did though. Imo every player is out of position at some point. I guess it all comes down to what we’re seeing personally. Some see goals as a defensive breakdown. I see them as good offensive execution.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

Pulled from the “What do we have in Gudbranson” thread on the Nucks board. I was over there reading as well. There are also people over there that like him and both sides attack the topic like they do here. The guy does have fans.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I miss Gudbranson. I liked the toughness he brought to the team. I didn’t notice him being out of position regularly like some people did though. Imo every player is out of position at some point. I guess it all comes down to what we’re seeing personally. Some see goals as a defensive breakdown. I see them as good offensive execution.

I agree. If you focus on a player's negatives all you are going to see are negatives.

Even if you just watched Barkov you would find something to complain about.

Some folks are always negative. As has been stated by others previously, it's easy to be negative but takes work to be positive.

Reactions: Rahooji

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I agree. If you focus on a player's negatives all you are going to see are negatives.

Even if you just watched Barkov you would find something to complain about.

Some folks are always negative. As has been stated by others previously, it's easy to be negative but takes work to be positive.
How dare you insult our Lord and Savior that way. You've been excommunicated from the Church of Barkov.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
How dare you insult our Lord and Savior that way. You've been excommunicated from the Church of Barkov.

7lWjDiH.png

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Guds is gone because of his contract demands, demands as it has clearly been proven since the deal, were smart to walk away from.

However Guds as a #6 and paid as such could come back and play for my team any day. Warts and all.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Agree we need one physical player who intimidates opponents, Haley intimidates nobody and is a joke. When playoffs are around refs will allow some dirty things and if Panthers will get to the playoffs and face someone like Washington and Tom Wilson, he's going to bully this team and there is nobody going to answer right now for it.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lol no u dont
Guds is gone because of his contract demands, demands as it has clearly been proven since the deal, were smart to walk away from.

However Guds as a #6 and paid as such could come back and play for my team any day. Warts and all.
Right now, I take Erik Gudbranson over any defenseman on the Rangers. It's close with Skjei. On this Panthers team, he's exactly a #6 on a team where we have worth starters fighting to move into that position. Physically he is an imposing force. Nothing wrong with being considered #6 on a solid balanced defense.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Anyone watching the Edmonton Devils game?

What the hell is up with the benches?! The glass only goes for a short amount and the benches are WAY exposed.

Lol Edmonton and that defense.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Anyone watching the Edmonton Devils game?

What the hell is up with the benches?! The glass only goes for a short amount and the benches are WAY exposed.

Lol Edmonton and that defense.

I am not sure but I think the Benches are right on the ice..Under the black tape around the rink might be the ice (big surface). The game is played on NHL ice

Edmonton wont change ever :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad