2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Montreal is actually playing very well, they are taking it to the Leafs which no one expected. They play really fast and are hard on the puck with a lot of young players with something to prove. Andrew Shaw is back. Price is looking like classic Price as well. Unfortunately Montreal games won't be easy. They were the better team tonight IMO.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Montreal is actually playing very well, they are taking it to the Leafs which no one expected. They play really fast and are hard on the puck with a lot of young players with something to prove. Andrew Shaw is back. Price is looking like classic Price as well. Unfortunately Montreal games won't be easy. They were the better team tonight IMO.

Price looked sharp sure, but Toronto's D......woof.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Yeah nice start of the season by Boston :)

Note: don't take any penalties against Washington. Obvously their PP won't work so well every night but scoring four on six PP opportunities... that is deadly.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Guds was a beast tonight. Threw a big hit that was a bit early so got a interference penalty. Then answered for the hit and landed some big shots on hamonic, was steady all night. Physical, destroyed the cycle down low.. exactly what we're missing. Just think there would be no need for Haley and or petro.. a dman that can kill penalties and handle 17 mins a night with relative ease.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
exactly what we're missing.

I think we have already enough of what he brings.

Couple of selected quotes from the Nuckles' board:
"Gudbranson brings much needed physicality and meanness, but has poor timing and thinks the game a step too slow to be truly effective. I cheer for all Canucks playuers when they have the jersey on but he has fidgety eveytime he gets the puck. Just too slow making decisions!"
"Gudbranson - usual quota of clumsy and clunky plays (and got caught off the rush some) but compensated with a good physical effort. Had some good stretches on the PK. "
"Terrible
18. Gudbranson - Having a couple of hits, a fight, and the occasional successful clear/pinch doesn't make up for playing fundamentally terrible hockey all over the ice. One of the more consistently clueless hockey players I recall watching in a long time."
"- Gudbranson was better in the 3rd but trash thorough the first 40 minutes. Hilarious that he ended up a +3. We survived the play of our bottom 2 pairings tonight but we won't most nights. "

He is an abomination of a NHL player. I have no idea what about him gathers the church of Guddy to praise him. It's like Matt Cooke or Haley had religious fans following them where ever they go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kid Icarus

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Guds was a beast tonight. Threw a big hit that was a bit early so got a interference penalty. Then answered for the hit and landed some big shots on hamonic, was steady all night. Physical, destroyed the cycle down low.. exactly what we're missing. Just think there would be no need for Haley and or petro.. a dman that can kill penalties and handle 17 mins a night with relative ease.

I'd take him over the trainwreck Petrovic any day

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Wut? They're both equally bad while Gudbranson makes $2M than Petrovic.
I am not choosing one over the other but.....Petrovic is seriously on a STEEEEEEEEP decline right now.

2015-16 he was very solid on the 3rd pair with Mitchell and whoever replaced Mitchell.

2016-17 he started well then starting getting worse.

Since then.....augh. It's a horror show

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I am not choosing one over the other but.....Petrovic is seriously on a STEEEEEEEEP decline right now.

2015-16 he was very solid on the 3rd pair with Mitchell and whoever replaced Mitchell.

2016-17 he started well then starting getting worse.

Since then.....augh. It's a horror show

Yeah, its pretty much pick your poison.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Wut? They're both equally bad while Gudbranson makes $2M than Petrovic.

First off he would have most likely made 1M$ per year less here. Nucks have signed some stupid contracts.
Hockey wise neither should be on the team. If I had to choose Guds any day. Petrovic just gets worse the more experience he gets.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah I'd take Guddy over Petro any day of the week. Brings a lot more to the table.

Yup... more mistakes, more brain freezes, more icings, more days spent at the sick bay, more shots at own goal from prime real estate, etc. Gotta love this delusion towards some overpaid AHL fodder.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Watching Buffalo-Boston and mother of god Eichel sucks defensively. He has no idea what to do in his own zone.
I literally just texted someone in regards to that.

The PPG they allowed was in due in part to him letting them gain an easy zone entry

Stick to offense

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I said it in the main boards a few months ago. He’s so overrated. Dude skates like he could give two shits if his team loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->