2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think its shitty when people can't retire on their own terms. Injury related injuries are miserable. He had a great career nonetheless.

So as far as the Atlantic is concerned, is there any reason why 4 teams wont make it? I know some teams play 5 times within the division, but basing it on the minimum 4, that is 8 points per team (Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit). And then Buffalo who at worse we should take 4 right? That is already 28 points out of the 100 I am expecting for the season.

That leaves only 72 points for the other 66 games left. I mean, its inexcusable at this point to miss...let's be honest here.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Now that I've digested the Sens situation a bit, I can't think of another instance where they go from being in the conference finals into the bottom the league while hemorrhaging assets left 'n right. Dorion and Melnyk...
- don't have their first rounder this year because they wanted to upgrade Turris with almost similar player in Duchene by trading Hammond, Bowers, 2017 1st and 2018 1st;
- trades away Hoffman to supposedly soothe the locker room which has no real evidence to back up the claim but in the process gets hosed by SJS when they get basically no major assets back and then later trades away Karlsson so the entire source of the debacle is gone;
- Pitiful return for one best players in the game;
- Brassard for Zibanejad - trades a younger player for a similar older player;
- Later, Brassard get traded to the PIT for a 1st round pick (Jacob Bernard-Docker);
- Jonathan Dahlen for Burrows - a promising top6 winger for a soon-to-be retiree;
- 3rd round pick for Stalberg - mid-tier asset for a no-factor;
etc. Even the lesser trades a plagued by the same fact that Dorion gets hosed every single time. It's unbelievable that most teams' GMs are probably trying their best not laugh at Dorion almost to the point that it's just too embarrassing to fleece the Sens anymore. "Stop it! It's already dead!"

From the looks of it, I don't think that the Sens will be a competitive team for solid five years. They don't have star players in their pool brewing and they don't have the magic beans to turn into star players unless via tanking which is going to take at about three entrances to the top5 draft slot. It makes you wonder if Dorion and/or Melnyk was conducting some twisted sadistic experiment with this team because it almost takes a pro industrial saboteur to blow up fairly successful team into the ground within a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think its ****ty when people can't retire on their own terms. Injury related injuries are miserable. He had a great career nonetheless.

So as far as the Atlantic is concerned, is there any reason why 4 teams wont make it? I know some teams play 5 times within the division, but basing it on the minimum 4, that is 8 points per team (Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit). And then Buffalo who at worse we should take 4 right? That is already 28 points out of the 100 I am expecting for the season.

That leaves only 72 points for the other 66 games left. I mean, its inexcusable at this point to miss...let's be honest here.

Yeah its bad for Zetterberg, different Injury then Hossa but in one Way still the same.
It´s also Hard for Detroit what ever there plans was for the upcoming Season, without Zetterberg everything is changing now. That could mean they give up the Season or a part of there plans and thing who was planned more for the End of the Season could now paceing up.

There is no Way, you can handle that kind of lost.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Now that I've digested the Sens situation a bit, I can't think of another instance where they go from being in the conference finals into the bottom the league while hemorrhaging assets left 'n right. Dorion and Melnyk...
- don't have their first rounder this year because they wanted to upgrade Turris with almost similar player in Duchene by trading Hammond, Bowers, 2017 1st and 2018 1st;
- trades away Hoffman to supposedly soothe the locker room which has no real evidence to back up the claim but in the process gets hosed by SJS when they get basically no major assets back and then later trades away Karlsson so the entire source of the debacle is gone;
- Pitiful return for one best players in the game;
- Brassard for Zibanejad - trades a younger player for a similar older player;
- Later, Brassard get traded to the PIT for a 1st round pick (Jacob Bernard-Docker);
- Jonathan Dahlen for Burrows - a promising top6 winger for a soon-to-be retiree;
- 3rd round pick for Stalberg - mid-tier asset for a no-factor;
etc. Even the lesser trades a plagued by the same fact that Dorion gets hosed every single time. It's unbelievable that most teams' GMs are probably trying their best not laugh at Dorion almost to the point that it's just too embarrassing to fleece the Sens anymore. "Stop it! It's already dead!"

From the looks of it, I don't think that the Sens will be a competitive team for solid five years. They don't have star players in their pool brewing and they don't have the magic beans to turn into star players unless via tanking which is going to take at about three entrances to the top5 draft slot. It makes you wonder if Dorion and/or Melnyk was conducting some twisted sadistic experiment with this team because it almost takes a pro industrial saboteur to blow up fairly successful team into the ground within a year.
I agree with the obvious conclusion of this assessment...the Sens should be moved to Quebec :sarcasm:

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I really see BOB signing with Panthers in 2019 Summer if Lu gets injured again this season:

1. Bob /Lu
2. Bob /Reimer (If Lu retires after this season due to injs).
3. Bob/ Monty/Hutch

Bob could be missing piece to Cup Run. The goalies we have now - low odds to take us to 3rd/4th round. Wish Lu was younger :(

Reactions: Kellyr

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I had a good laugh upon the Karlsson trade on Friday morning, after being out of the sport news loop for the previous 2 days.

Reactions: Boothinator

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
That two-way was there for him to sign before his PTO with us, he just wanted to see if he could get a NHL deal somewhere.

Yep. And he was pretty bad during his PTO in Florida so that two-way was the best he could get.

His time as an NHLer is definitely limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad