2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Carolina is pissing on Detroit. Must be nice to have a great defense on cheap deals.

Only the namens tell the Veteran ship in the D Group. Calvin de Haan (playoff Expierence) Dougy Hamilton (Playoff Expierence), Justin Falk (good Player 35-45 Points Season), Trevor van Riemsdyk (solid Defender) and in addition 2 younger once. But a good system also saying, the coach can bring his system to the Player.

and Detroit without zetterberg its not teh best offensive Team. 12 shots in 2 Periodes. Something gone complete wrong.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Every blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...red wings weren't going to lose 82 straight. Some here act like this team should be the equivalent of the 77 Habs...get a grip. The chicken little over reactions here recently are f***ing comical. It's been 6 games....fire everyone and trade them all!!!! Maybe give them a bit to get it together, instead?
[mod] And don't give me the BS about 25 years.....these kids weren't even born when all this bullshit started, Tallon wasn't GM the whole time and Viola has only been owner for (5?) years. Blah blah blah, that history only means something to the fans who it creates such impatience with....6 games, the season is over!!
[mod]Where/who is this elusive top4 D Tallon should've brought in? Who should he trade for him? There's plenty of #1 goalies just plugging up other teams' rosters, he should've just grabbed one. [mod]
This team is gonna be very good when they get it sorted out, even with old Lu and erratic Reims

Last edited by a moderator:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Every blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...red wings weren't going to lose 82 straight. Some here act like this team should be the equivalent of the 77 Habs...get a grip. The chicken little over reactions here recently are ****ing comical. It's been 6 games....fire everyone and trade them all!!!! Maybe give them a bit to get it together, instead?
[mod] And don't give me the BS about 25 years.....these kids weren't even born when all this bull**** started, Tallon wasn't GM the whole time and Viola has only been owner for (5?) years. Blah blah blah, that history only means something to the fans who it creates such impatience with....6 games, the season is over!!
[mod]Where/who is this elusive top4 D Tallon should've brought in? Who should he trade for him? There's plenty of #1 goalies just plugging up other teams' rosters, he should've just grabbed one. [mod]
This team is gonna be very good when they get it sorted out, even with old Lu and erratic Reims
Every blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...red wings weren't going to lose 82 straight. Some here act like this team should be the equivalent of the 77 Habs...get a grip. The chicken little over reactions here recently are fukking comical. It's been 6 games....fire everyone and trade them all!!!! Maybe give them a bit to get it together, instead?
[mod] And don't give me the BS about 25 years.....these kids weren't even born when all this bullshit started, Tallon wasn't GM the whole time and Viola has only been owner for (5?) years. Blah blah blah, that history only means something to the fans who it creates such impatience with....6 games, the season is over!!
Yes!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Heard that one already a few times.

You say it’s easy for people to arm chair GM player movements. Maybe so.

But I say it’s easy for arm chair fans to keep coming up with reasonings and excuses that never end. How about some actual explanations?

Or maybe the real truth is that W or L, doesn’t matter.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Bobrovsky is playing horrible in Columbus. Does he want out? Is he going downhill?

Reimer + Malgin + pick for Bob ;)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Mikko Rantanen. Picked by and plays for the Colorado Avalanche one position in front of Tallon who wanted to pick him. The Avs killed us in 1996 and now #96 is killing it for the Avs. Easily a Panther if it wasn't for Colorado. They find a way to screw us again decades later.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Mikko Rantanen. Picked by and plays for the Colorado Avalanche one position in front of Tallon who wanted to pick him. The Avs killed us in 1996 and now #96 is killing it for the Avs. Easily a Panther if it wasn't for Colorado. They find a way to screw us again decades later.

I remember back then had we lost or was it even 1 less point we would have had that pick. I mean..

Landeskog ahead of Huberdeau
MacKinnon before Barkov
Rantanen before Crouse

Ugh... AVS should thank us

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I remember back then had we lost or was it even 1 less point we would have had that pick. I mean..

Landeskog ahead of Huberdeau
MacKinnon before Barkov
Rantanen before Crouse

Ugh... AVS should thank us
The only HUGE loss there was Rantanen.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
The Rantanen theft will always haunt me. I mean, if we had Rantanen we'd be a powerhouse.
Could have done well even without Rantanen. Imagine we drafted Barzal - either you have insane center depth or he'd be an extremely valuable trade chip. Wonder if we would have grabbed Werenski had he made it to us instead of going at #8 to CBus - but we believed we already had a future 1D in Ekblad, and we still had Gudbranson and Kulikov and high hopes for them, so maybe not.
Guess that's why you don't draft for need.

Reactions: RainingRats

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Could have done well even without Rantanen. Imagine we drafted Barzal - either you have insane center depth or he'd be an extremely valuable trade chip. Wonder if we would have grabbed Werenski had he made it to us instead of going at #8 to CBus - but we believed we already had a future 1D in Ekblad, and we still had Gudbranson and Kulikov and high hopes for them, so maybe not.
It seems like they were set on picking Rantanen, and he almost fell to them, but obviously there was no real plan B if someone grabbed their Finnish boy before they could take him.
Ahhhh, wtf we'll take Lawson Crouse, he's big.

Reactions: I am not exposed

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Guds another solid game
For
Nucks playing almost 25 mins. 2nd only to Hutton. Gets shit
On by everyone but coaches and players and people who actually know hockey.

Reactions: Rahooji

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Guds another solid game
For
Nucks playing almost 25 mins. 2nd only to Hutton. Gets ****
On by everyone but coaches and players and people who actually know hockey.
giphy.webp

He renewed. We no longer need a future C. It's time V. It's time.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
character over skill

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Preds re-sign Rinne, 2 years, $5 million AAV, ($6million 1st year, $4million 2nd year).

One of our goalie solutions off the list. Poop!
Rinne is one of those guys, that I just can't see playing for another NHL team (hell, I doubt he's even going back to Finland when he's done). He loves the organization/city and they love him back.

Guaranteed first Pred to have his number retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad