2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Since they are likely the only one to bid...or the only one not to try an on campus bid.
Lack of options.
Plus they are in what is considered a western league.
Wisconsin definitely put in a bid to have it at the Kohl Center. Was denied. Green Bay didn’t put in a bid to have it at the Resch Center.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Why don’t the 5 Minnesota schools put in a bid? UND does pretty much every year
4 of them likely don't have the money to do it. MN does at the X but obviously not every year.
It's expensive.
"The NCAA requires a financial guarantee of at least $150,000 to host a regional. If the event generates a profit, 80% goes to the NCAA and 20% to the host."

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
That's good to see, but how many of the folks voting were residents of MN, Dakotas, WI, or IA? That would have been good to see.
That's what I was thinking. A huge chunk of the people voting in the poll are probably from around the area anyway. Still good to see.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, what the hell. The women’s team goes under but good thing the men’s team gets their big ass jumbotron. Priorities.
Hey DB, a local kid, Malmquist, just signed with the Badgers. My oldest son used to play with him a bit. A smurf, but a skilled, smart one, with really good wheels. I guess if you stuck him on a line with Dhooghe and Caufield he would be the goon, at 5'8"?:laugh:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Yeah, what the hell. The women’s team goes under but good thing the men’s team gets their big ass jumbotron. Priorities.
That didn’t take long. I coached girls high school hockey for 6 years. Went to many UND women’s games. Attendance at those games was lucky to be 500 unless it was the Gophers then it was around 2000, sometimes more sometimes less. Yes I was bummed when they dropped the program but I’ve moved on. But anytime they upgrade the Ralph it will always comeback to the women’s team being dropped. It’s not coming back after losing millions over its existence. Sad but true

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey DB, a local kid, Malmquist, just signed with the Badgers. My oldest son used to play with him a bit. A smurf, but a skilled, smart one, with really good wheels. I guess if you stuck him on a line with Dhooghe and Caufield he would be the goon, at 5'8"?:laugh:
That line would be an absolute pest to play against! Should never happen though. Guessing Caufield will be with Weissbach and Turcotte and Dhooghe with Holloway and maybe Baker.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That line would be an absolute pest to play against! Should never happen though. Guessing Caufield will be with Weissbach and Turcotte and Dhooghe with Holloway and maybe Baker.
They would be very skilled, though. Malmquist is a good late pickup. He might be asked to play a year in the USHL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That didn’t take long. I coached girls high school hockey for 6 years. Went to many UND women’s games. Attendance at those games was lucky to be 500 unless it was the Gophers then it was around 2000, sometimes more sometimes less. Yes I was bummed when they dropped the program but I’ve moved on. But anytime they upgrade the Ralph it will always comeback to the women’s team being dropped. It’s not coming back after losing millions over its existence. Sad but true
The bolded goes well with your username

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If making money were the only reasons to have college athletics...only football and basketball would exist.
The point is saying the women's team lost money so that's why it's gone...but then adding something not needed...is going to get criticized.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
If making money were the only reasons to have college athletics...only football and basketball would exist.
The point is saying the women's team lost money so that's why it's gone...but then adding something not needed...is going to get criticized.
Read this and you will realize why it’s being done. Oh and I knew I’d get the responses I got from a couple of you and I totally understand

Ralph Engelstad Arena to install largest center-hung video board in college hockey - University of North Dakota Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad