2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
What's the odd schooling situation?
Block scheduling.
One class at a time for about 4 weeks then test out and go again.
Friend of mine had this at her college....worked for her as it allowed focus but it's not for everyone.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Looks like Ben Gordon will be Motzko's 2nd assistant coach. It'll be a young staff behind the bench next to Motzko. Hopefully that brings some energy to the program. I'm glad to see an alum behind the bench, I think it's important to have a program guy on the staff.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND is ranked No. 11 in the first preseason national poll. Every NCHC team is either ranked or receiving votes: 1. Duluth, 6. SCSU, 9. Denver, 11. NoDak, 19. Western Michigan, RV CC, RV Omaha, RV Miami.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It could be a very interesting year in the B1G. Preseason coaches poll:

1. OSU
2. Michigan
3. Notre Dame
4. Minnesota
5. Penn State
6. Wisconsin
7. Michigan State

OSU, Michigan, Notre Dame are all top 5 nationally in the preseason poll. Should be a rough and tumble conference this year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You watch your tongue!! Cant wait till they spank wisconsin :D
Wisconsin might be worse than last year. Sad to say since they essentially upgraded the defense by a metric ton. Not an elite forward in sight till 2019-2020 though, then two likely top 20 picks in the NHL draft in Turcotte and Caufield. Goaltending remains a HUGE question mark.

Edit: funny enough, Cole Caufield might fall right into the range the Wild are picking due to his size. He’s a fantastic player.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Wisconsin might be worse than last year. Sad to say since they essentially upgraded the defense by a metric ton. Not an elite forward in sight till 2019-2020 though, then two likely top 20 picks in the NHL draft in Turcotte and Caufield. Goaltending remains a HUGE question mark.

Edit: funny enough, Cole Caufield might fall right into the range the Wild are picking due to his size. He’s a fantastic player.

i honestly have not watched the gophers in a few years as their recruitment bothers the hell out of me, a lot of soft players, small amount of heart. i do want to see how the kid from luverne does, saw him in person down here in SW MN, stands out like a sore thumb hope he can put on a show with equal talent.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
i honestly have not watched the gophers in a few years as their recruitment bothers the hell out of me, a lot of soft players, small amount of heart. i do want to see how the kid from luverne does, saw him in person down here in SW MN, stands out like a sore thumb hope he can put on a show with equal talent.
That's pretty neat, I'm from Marshall originally

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Just read in Ciskie's UMD season preview article on The Athletic that UMD is the only national champion since 2000 to return all 6 defensemen and their starting goalie.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the "target on their backs" syndrome that DU had last year.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Just read in Ciskie's UMD season preview article on The Athletic that UMD is the only national champion since 2000 to return all 6 defensemen and their starting goalie.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the "target on their backs" syndrome that DU had last year.
That's the big one as that team is still very young.
I also wonder about their scoring depth.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
New threads for the Gophers this year.

The whites remind me of the Leopold/Vanek Era whites, with the gold stripe. Really like it.

Not a fan of the golds at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad