Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hard to blame him. He's gonna be playing on a team that's got his teammates from the USNTDP Turcotte and Caufield incoming.

Pretty interesting how these guys are choosing a school that's been such dog**** for the past 5 years, with a record of 60-97-23.
Must be a North Dakota fan. So spicy lol. Better get used to seeing red.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sure. He's in such high demand that he's going to Des Moines for a year.
You’re missing the point, which is UND staff were so worried about him going to the OHL that they released him and short time later he’s committed to a rival (well, “rival”) university. I just found it funny, but by all means you do you.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You’re missing the point, which is UND staff were so worried about him going to the OHL that they released him and short time later he’s committed to a rival (well, “rival”) university. I just found it funny, but by all means you do you.
Or, that's the story that Wisco is selling so it doesn't look like they're scooping up someones leftovers. But, you do you.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Must be a North Dakota fan. So spicy lol. Better get used to seeing red.
Definitely not a UND rube. Nothing I said was "spicy". Just facts.

Sell yourself whatever story you need but I don't think anyone in college hockey is worried about the Wisconsin Badgers turning into some frightful foe overnight.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Until hes on campus...he can still go OHL...and still may after.
This is his 3rd college commit. Doesn't say much for his loyalty.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Definitely not a UND rube. Nothing I said was "spicy". Just facts.

Sell yourself whatever story you need but I don't think anyone in college hockey is worried about the Wisconsin Badgers turning into some frightful foe overnight.
They just might with their incoming class. Two top 15 picks this year, two mid round picks, a steady RHD (!!!!!), and a projected top 10 pick for the 2020 draft. One thing is for sure: Wisconsin will score a ton.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Hard to blame him. He's gonna be playing on a team that's got his teammates from the USNTDP Turcotte and Caufield incoming.

Pretty interesting how these guys are choosing a school that's been such dog**** for the past 5 years, with a record of 60-97-23.

Caufield is totally understandable bc he’s from Wisconsin. Turcotte Midwest guy too.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They just might with their incoming class. Two top 15 picks this year, two mid round picks, a steady RHD (!!!!!), and a projected top 10 pick for the 2020 draft. One thing is for sure: Wisconsin will score a ton.
Is that a call? Kind of like when you said that they had the 2nd best defense in the NCAA last year? I just checked to see how close your prediction ended up. Wisconsin finished 54th out of 60 D1 teams in goals against.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is that a call? Kind of like when you said that they had the 2nd best defense in the NCAA last year? I just checked to see how close your prediction ended up. Wisconsin finished 54th out of 60 D1 teams in goals against.
Avatar bet that Wisconsin will be a top 5 offense?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
In the big 10?
And grow up with the "avatar bet"
In all of D1 hockey... Try to keep up here.

Grow up? Take the bet if you're so sure you will win it. I'd really look forward to the Wisconsin motion 'W' as your avatar. Bets are for "fun." Though fun is clearly a foreign concept to you.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Until hes on campus...he can still go OHL...and still may after.
This is his 3rd college commit. Doesn't say much for his loyalty.
Which is just kinda whatever, he'd still have to beat out Lebedeff and Grannan. Though Grannan really didn't look so hot this year. Time and development will tell the story.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
In all of D1 hockey... Try to keep up here.

Grow up? Take the bet if you're so sure you will win it. I'd really look forward to the Wisconsin motion 'W' as your avatar. Bets are for "fun." Though fun is clearly a foreign concept to you.
We can put some money on it if you want to have some fun. Avatar bets are for 12 year olds. Maybe we can put a little on that top 2 d core as well?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
They're still freshmen...not all adjust well.

Which is just kinda whatever, he'd still have to beat out Lebedeff and Grannan. Though Grannan really didn't look so hot this year. Time and development will tell the story.

All I'm saying is his loyalty could be questioned. If he was a Husky...i wouldn't get excited till he showed up on campus and likely not feel comfortable till he junior eligibility passed.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
They're still freshmen...not all adjust well.

All I'm saying is his loyalty could be questioned. If he was a Husky...i wouldn't get excited till he showed up on campus and likely not feel comfortable till he junior eligibility passed.
I think the big things for me will be:
-Caufield's finishing touch won't just disappear
-Turcotte and Lindmark are great in the faceoff dot, an area that has been a huge negative since Kunin left UW (Freddy was the only one to win even close to 50% of his draws)
-Adding a RHD will be nice, so many times there were awkward situations with d-men because of handedness that lead to turnovers, bonus points for a steady dman
-Lebedeff got a year of experience

I should note again, I'm not hyping him up to be Spencer Knight or anything, I just thought it was interesting that the UND staff lacked any sort of confidence he'd play D1 hockey and then a short time later he commits to another school and plans to enroll in one year's time. The only thing that would make sense is if he said he would only come if he was gifted the starting role and if he wasn't then he'd leave for the OHL. Nobody is going to come out and say that. Just an interesting sequence of events.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
So we've got a bet? @Digitalbooya believes Wisconsin will be a Top 5 offense (as measured by Goals Scored) in all of NCAA D1 hockey. @2Pair believes they won't.

Both are putting $100 on the line. Winner takes all. I take it you'll both be honorable in this bet? Or do we need someone to play escrow?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad