2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Sure penn st waasn't wearing Mich uniforms !!1
The only reason I know of to tune into MSU hockey is for Taro Hirose and where to slide him in your UDFA shortlists. I flipped between MIA-PC and DU-UW for Sabres prospects, but did a double-take at that OSU-MSU boxscore as well as that UND loss to Canisius.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would've been better off missing that one....Gophers have some good players, but some of the things that I see them do are inexplicable.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND loses to a team in Atlantic Hockey for the first time in program history (26-1) with a 3-1 loss to Canisius in HarborCenter. Berry is definitely on the hot seat especially if it happens again tomorrow

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Would've been better off missing that one....Gophers have some good players, but some of the things that I see them do are inexplicable.
This. I watched them split with Ferris State and left thinking they just played unintelligent hockey. One bonehead play after another.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Tough night for a lot of poster’s teams around here. UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and SCSU all lost.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tough night for a lot of poster’s teams around here. UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and SCSU all lost.
DH, I think Vorlicky will be a good, solid addition to your D. Nice size, can skate, and move the puck. Nothing earthshaking, but solid.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
DH, I think Vorlicky will be a good, solid addition to your D. Nice size, can skate, and move the puck. Nothing earthshaking, but solid.
Good to hear! It'll be nice to have a second dman that is right handed. Would you say he most resembles Brodin on the Wild?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good to hear! It'll be nice to have a second dman that is right handed. Would you say he most resembles Brodin on the Wild?
Better offensively. Not quite as good defensively. Not as good of a skater, but still very good. Maybe a taller Spurgeon type?

Don't think he'll get Mr. Hockey, or even get nominated, but he's clearly the foundation on defense for a top 5 team. He will take a year to get comfortable at the NCAA level, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Better offensively. Not quite as good defensively. Not as good of a skater, but still very good. Maybe a taller Spurgeon type?

Don't think he'll get Mr. Hockey, or even get nominated, but he's clearly the foundation on defense for a top 5 team. He will take a year to get comfortable at the NCAA level, I think.
Appreciate the information. I could definitely live with a right handed Spurgeon type on the team. From the sounds of it he's like Ty Emberson. Solid all around game, zero flash. Nothing wrong with that either :D

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't you guys have a ton of Dmen coming? Wonder if Granato will want Vorlicky to play USHL.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't you guys have a ton of Dmen coming? Wonder if Granato will want Vorlicky to play USHL.
The way it looks next year there are two incoming freshmen: Luke LaMaster and Mike Vorlicky. Both right handed players.

Depth for 19-20 with no early departures:
LD: Miller, Kalynuk, Ess, Inamoto, Peltonen
RD: Emberson, Vorlicky, LaMaster

20-21 Recruits: Patrick Keegan, Casey Roepke
21-22 Recruits: Joe Palodichuk, Daniel Laatsch, Anthony Kehrer
22-23 Recruits: Corson Ceulemans, Grayden Daul

So, not a ton of incoming recruits. LaMaster hasn't signed yet so he might be another year. Vorlicky, on the other hand, has signed and will be in Madison next year barring anything catastrophic.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The way it looks next year there are two incoming freshmen: Luke LaMaster and Mike Vorlicky. Both right handed players.

Depth for 19-20 with no early departures:
LD: Miller, Kalynuk, Ess, Inamoto, Peltonen
RD: Emberson, Vorlicky, LaMaster

20-21 Recruits: Patrick Keegan, Casey Roepke
21-22 Recruits: Joe Palodichuk, Daniel Laatsch, Anthony Kehrer
22-23 Recruits: Corson Ceulemans, Grayden Daul

So, not a ton of incoming recruits. LaMaster hasn't signed yet so he might be another year. Vorlicky, on the other hand, has signed and will be in Madison next year barring anything catastrophic.
Ah, I see. So RD are kind of a need.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
And Canisius completes the sweep over UND. The ncaa tourney is but a dream now

UND had 1 goal on 93 shot attempts tonight, 2 goals on 162 shot attempts this weekend

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For the second straight night I fell asleep about half way through the game with the badgers either tied or winning against #8 Denver. Both times I woke up to a fat L. Last night was especially bad. K'Andre Miller will be a welcome addition back next weekend.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Gophers won last night, which was nice to see, but I just want to fast forward through this year. SO much dead weight among the upper classmen on this team.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gophers won last night, which was nice to see, but I just want to fast forward through this year. SO much dead weight among the upper classmen on this team.
Yup. Even though they won, some of the play is bizarrely bad. You'll see a 3 on 2 line rush, and the pass will be to the guy who is covered. Other times, there will be a pass to no one when there is clearly someone else to move the puck to. Running into each other, making very slow, or ill advised passes are the norm.

Ranta and Walker look very promising. I hope Walker stays another couple of years, but I wouldn't bet on it.

McLaughlin should be ok next year. His spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. I think I'm beginning to see glimpses of Brinkman becoming a player. He has a lot of adjustments to make. NCAA is a big jump from HS, especially for a Dman.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Never thought at the beginning of the year that the 4 games between SCSU and Western would decide the NCHC title... But that may likely be the case.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND with a rare sweep albeit at home and against CC and blowing 2-0 leads both nights and winning both in overtime. But hey 6 points is 6 points. Now it gets tough

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gophers with a sweep of a decent team. They did play better. Maybe it's just taking time for them to figure out what Motzko wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad