2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Can't believe that the Gophers were able to put up a touchdown on the 2nd best D-core in the NCAA's

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Can't believe that the Gophers were able to put up a touchdown on the 2nd best D-core in the NCAA's
It's obviously goaltending. Scoring at 33% of the shots. For the simple minded, if your gophers had badger level goaltending the badgers would have 15 goals.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That Gophers Badgers game was awful. 50% of the Gophers team make decisions that are absolutely inexplicable, with confusion and hesitation everywhere...hard to watch.

And they won!

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Quality shots definitely weren’t equal.
Especially after the Badgers gave up at 6-4. It just sucks the life out of a team when your goalie can't make a save. Minnesota's first three goals should have been saved. Goals four and five were flukey off the skate/stick misdirections. They happen, but you hope your goalie can save those. Lots of unhappy talk amongst badgers fans about Tony Granato. He's had 3 years to make the NCAA tourney and it's becoming more and more clear that the guy I wanted as head coach, Don Granato, was the key to the early year 1 success they had. Now he's gone and they are playing garbage hockey and losing to garbage teams.

The one-and-done players next year are going to save Tony his job and badger fans will get to suffer more long term mediocre hockey.

Badger Hockey. Embarrassing.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The 2nd goal (Sheehy’s) is the only one that falls into the “should’ve” category IMO.
It is my opinion that Lebedeff, a pretty average goalie, would have made those saves.

Goal #1 ~ Berry had plenty of time to square himself to the puck and the way he dropped to his knees and got beat up high would make Kyle Hayton proud.

Goal #2 ~ floater goal, embarrassing it wasn't stopped

Goal #3 ~ First off, Mersch should've cleared the puck seconds beforehand. Second, Berry was late coming over and got beat on a what should've been a harmless shot. Unless you're now counting every single one timer as a quality scoring chance?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It is my opinion that Lebedeff, a pretty average goalie, would have made those saves.

Goal #1 ~ Berry had plenty of time to square himself to the puck and the way he dropped to his knees and got beat up high would make Kyle Hayton proud.

Goal #3 ~ First off, Mersch should've cleared the puck seconds beforehand. Second, Berry was late coming over and got beat on a what should've been a harmless shot. Unless you're now counting every single one timer as a quality scoring chance?
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yes, most would consider a PP cross ice one-timer, a quality scoring chance. the 1st goal was Sadek all alone from about 10 feet. Expecting saves in those situations is even crazier than thinking your defense isn't absolutley terrible.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Goal 1 was a pretty damn nice shot. Every goalie drops to their knees.

Goal 2, no argument.

Goal 3, he might've been late coming over because he still has to honor a shot from the point (plus there might have been a screen for him to fight through, not sure on that one though), and yes, a one-timer from pretty close in is a quality scoring chance IMO.

I don't know, I have 1 and 3 in the "could've" bucket, because almost every goal has at least a possibility of being saved, but as someone who has no real reason to try and prop Berry up, I don't lay those two solely at his feet.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Y'all are makin' me upsetti spaghetti. Let me dump on my shit team please, thank you.

I'll trade you Berry for Robson though. It's nice to have an elite goalie, isn't it? The badgers haven't had a goalie with a .900 or higher save percentage since Joel Rumpel in the 2014-15 season. Mind you, that was also playing for the worst team in Wisconsin history. I'm starting to think it has less to do with the WHO and more to do with coaching.

Reactions: 2Pair

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Let's goooo!

Attachments

• 15485516163924661687025705461710.jpg
    15485516163924661687025705461710.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It was Walker, and the fact that Weissbach played last night is just further proof at how incredibly incompetent the Big 10 is.

Ah. Gotcha. My memory thought it was a lefty, but it was also fighting through some Jameson.

Still, he looks pretty good going by the benches. Though I guess these things can also be delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad