2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Meh, not his players. Let's see what he can do with one recruiting cycle.
So check back in 4 years? I agree though, hard to judge a 1st year coach. Badgers are in year three of a new coach and they are just now starting to see the impact of recruiting.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Blind squirrel.
And let's not act like the Gophers are good.
I hope the pay was worth it Motzko... Cause your team is bad.

This is a weird jab. It's not like everyone thought Motzko was going to come in here and be dominant from day 1. Motzko knew when he took the job that there were going to be a year or two of growing pains.

He didn't come here to win in 2018. If he really wanted to win THIS year, he would have stayed at St. Cloud. He came here because of the immense recruiting advantages that come with the program, and to win national championships down the road once he has gotten his recruits in here.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I don't much care why he did it. He got paid and his team sucks and considering how he left... We love it.
Good coach... But I wouldn't be planning that banner hanging just yet.. No matter what "advantages" he has.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Enjoy it while you can :D
You think Larson can't get the job done? May I remind you that roughly 25% of the players in last year's Frozen Four were recruited by Larson and he did it at two different schools?
We ain't goin nowhere. ;)

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Current state of Minnesota college rankings
SCSU
UMD
Mankato St
Bemidji St
Minnesota

To be fair since I’m a UND fan they would be behind Bemidji.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pitlick almost winning, then taking a crucial( and weak) penalty in second OT leading to the winning OU goal.

OU looked bigger, faster, and stronger, for the most part. Some of the passing by the Gophers- making a simple D to D pass seems to be beyond them.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Boy, watching the Gophers on the TV the last two weekends has been a sad experience.

1: the empty seats - worse than Hockeytown. Couldn't have been more than 3,000 at the game last night.
2: the skating - OSU skated circles around them
3: little danger up front apart from Sheehy

OTOH, I was pleasantly surprised by the play of Tyler Nanne. Too bad he's not the one the Wild drafted.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Boy, watching the Gophers on the TV the last two weekends has been a sad experience.

1: the empty seats - worse than Hockeytown. Couldn't have been more than 3,000 at the game last night.

OTOH, I was pleasantly surprised by the play of Tyler Nanne. Too bad he's not the one the Wild drafted.
Nanne is probably the worst player on the roster

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I agree, for the most part. Nanne can do some good things, but he can also make a lot of errors.

The passing is atrocious. Goaltending is fabulous.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Spoken like a true Husky
We hung one for a conference title... No ceremony... Up before the women's exhibition in September. Not even referred to at the home opener.
We're living in the now... Other schools seem to like living in the past... Especially ones that can't let go of a name that's been dead for nearly a decade now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad