2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Just saw the replay and I guess he did. Didn't see that at first. Now I'm less pissed.
I think the part that pisses me off the most is that it felt like the badgers controlled the game at 5v5 and had that unraveled in 1 minute and 14 seconds. This is why coaches say you’ve gotta play 60 minute hockey. Cause if you play 58 you might’ve just found a way to lose. Moving on... badgers have been a Saturday team for these past two seasons. Gotta make it count tonight.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Look at this garbage. That in no way shape or form is the badger pushing the gopher into Lebedeff. He is very clearly trying to push him away from the goaltender. Badgers should take note, if you engage a defender in front of the net it’s okay to fall into the goaltender...

That's about as obvious a call as an official can make. You would think that a member of the best dcore in the NCAA, would understand how dumb of a play that was.

Reactions: Rabid Husky

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah... I don't see the complaints about that call.
If that’s the rule, which I guess it is, then it’s like I said: badgers should take note that you can fall into the goaltender after engaging a defender. I’m annoyed that not only did that happen way before the shot came in but after the goal is scored Minnesota also got a power play, which is a dumb college rule that I’m pretty sure no other league uses. Could you imagine if the NHL did that?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If that’s the rule, which I guess it is, then it’s like I said: badgers should take note that you can fall into the goaltender after engaging a defender. I’m annoyed that not only did that happen way before the shot came in but after the goal is scored Minnesota also got a power play, which is a dumb college rule that I’m pretty sure no other league uses. Could you imagine if the NHL did that?

A lot of people want them to. Increase scoring and such.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't really like that call. Sheehy suckered him in, then turned last second. Strategically good, but a little underhanded.

Oof. And they tossed him. I'd be pretty ticked of roles were reversed.

Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Don't really like that call. Sheehy suckered him in, then turned last second. Strategically good, but a little underhanded.

Agreed but the Badgers continue to be undisciplined and now in their third year, I'm still waiting for Granato to knock my socks off, to quote Barry Alvarez.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I’m on that end of the ice. Didn’t see the initial hit but when I looked over from the crunch it didn’t look good. Any replay of it? Not that it super matters either way. Gophers scored in the 2 minute time frame anyways.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hmm... I don't really see charging either. But looking at it again, I think he probably had enough time to hold up if he wanted to, even after the last second turn.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
WI has good team speed, and Miller looks good.

MN doesn't seem to be skilled as they have in the past, and don't seem to be on the same page as a team. Lotta poor decisions, too.

And what's with trying to stickhandle around guys when you have a PP? They have less men than you, dummy!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I learned something today. I knew what the Hobey Barker Award was, but didn't know who he was other than a great amateur player some years ago.

The Hobey Baker Story

In 1917 Hobey was commissioned a lieutenant in the Army. As a member of the famous Lafayette Escadrille, he was with the first group of American pilots sent to France. He was as adventurous a pilot as he had been an athlete, chosen on occasion to exhibit aerial acrobatics with his friend Eddie Rickenbacker. In combat flying, he found even more danger and excitement than he had in contact sports ‑ and Hobey needed both. He was officially credited with bringing down three enemy planes and was decorated with the Croix de Guerre for “exceptional valor under fire.”

Following the armistice, his orders home in hand, Hobey announced to his fellow officers he was going to take “one last flight in the old Spad.” His mates were quick to argue with the young captain who was challenging the oldest tradition of the air service—never take a “last” flight lest it be just that. But they were not able to dissuade him and were even more upset when the plane he insisted on flying was a borrowed one, just out of the repair shop.

Tradition was not to be denied the final victory that gray, dismal day over Toul, France. Just a quarter mile out, the engine quit and the plane crashed. Hobey Baker, age 26, died in the ambulance a short time later.

In 1919 he received a posthumous Army citation from General Pershing for distinguished service and exceptional gallantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad