2018/2019 Lineup Thread

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I wonder how upset Bozak will be when Thomas looks unreal and moves up to 3C and Bozak to 4C? When you watch videos of Thomas, his vision and skill is something we as Blues fans haven’t seen at center in a LONG time. Can’t even think when... maybe since Janny? Oates? Its unreal watching his playmaking ability. His shooting has really improved too.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wonder how upset Bozak will be when Thomas looks unreal and moves up to 3C and Bozak to 4C? When you watch videos of Thomas, his vision and skill is something we as Blues fans haven’t seen at center in a LONG time. Can’t even think when... maybe since Janny? Oates? Its unreal watching his playmaking ability. His shooting has really improved too.
Minutes and quality of linemates will still be good imo.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I'd say the only locks are Schwartz, Tarasenko, and Schenn on the 1st unit. I'd also include Dunn being the lock on the 1st unit, as that's where he finished the season.

Considering how bad it was last year, we need to try anything to improve it, so who knows.

So keep a bunch of left handers on the PP ok?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I see only two things going into next season that should be a given with our forward group.

1. We need to keep 10 and 17 together, unless their chemistry from last season somehow evaporated in the off-season.

2. Tarasenko should always be played with the center with whom he shows the best chemistry, regardless of who that is, and even if it changes multiple times during the season.

To me, everything else is up for grabs.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Opening Night:
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Maroon-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
Barbashev-Thomas-Jaskin
Soshnikov and Thorburn as scratches
Sundqvist in San Antonio

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Opening Night:
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
Barbashev-Thomas-Jaskin
Sundqvist in San Antonio
I think this is exactly what we will see.

Our powerplay has a lot of options.

#1: Maroon net-front, Tarasenko and Bozak on wall, Dunn & Parayko on the point
#2: Perron net-front, Schwartz and Schenn wall, Pietrangelo & O'Reilly point

Something like that.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
I think this is exactly what we will see.

Our powerplay has a lot of options.

#1: Maroon net-front, Tarasenko and Bozak on wall, Dunn & Parayko on the point
#2: Perron net-front, Schwartz and Schenn wall, Pietrangelo & O'Reilly point

Something like that.

The only change I make is Sosh is in the starting lineup.. so Jaskin or Barbs is sitting..

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Turgeon (one of my favorite Blues of all time)

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Opening Night:
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
Barbashev-Thomas-Jaskin
Sundqvist in San Antonio

I doubt Dimitrij Jaskin will be playing 4th line in the coming season. He's been outstanding at this year's WC, and ready to make the next step. I don't see why guys like Maroon or Fabbri, and maybe even Steen, would be ahead of him.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I doubt Dimitrij Jaskin will be playing 4th line in the coming season. He's been outstanding at this year's WC, and ready to make the next step. I don't see why guys like Maroon or Fabbri, and maybe even Steen, would be ahead of him.

He hasn't shown that at the NHL level yet, and the others have. In camp, he looks dominant at times. But, it just hasn't translated. This isn't new.

With that said, I personally think he's an excellent 4th liner, and that's where he should be until he proves otherwise in the NHL.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
He hasn't shown that at the NHL level yet, and the others have. In camp, he looks dominant at times. But, it just hasn't translated. This isn't new.

With that said, I personally think he's an excellent 4th liner, and that's where he should be until he proves otherwise in the NHL.

Fair enough. I'm very confident that this "proves otherwise"-moment is about to come, and that he doesn't belong on the 4th line. I've seen him playing in all 7 preliminary round matches, and it's no minor aspect that he scored key goals in victories vs. strong group opponents Slovakia, Switzerland and Russia. ;)

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Fair enough. I'm very confident that this "proves otherwise"-moment is about to come, and that he doesn't belong on the 4th line. I've seen him playing in all 7 preliminary round matches, and it's no minor aspect that he scored key goals in victories vs. strong group opponents Slovakia, Switzerland and Russia. ;)
You watched him play in 7 preliminary matches. I’ve watched him play in 266 NHL games. But hey, that’s your opinion. I wouldn’t be mad if you’re right.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sorry to say, but he will be on the 4th line. We just have too many wingers. Schwartz, Tarasenko, Perron, Steen, Fabbri, Maroon, Thomas/Bozak (whoever gets moved to RW). He's not better than any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad