2018/2019 Lineup Thread

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Do people think Blais is going to make the roster? It's interesting, to me, that he's playing on a line with Bozak. Even though it's just been the first few days of camp. I've always liked Blais and think he has higher upside than someone like Sanford or especially Sundqvist.

Well, he was close to making the opening roster the last two seasons, and after him going PPG with San Antonio last year, he will at least get a serious look in pre season. I have a feeling he is 'pencilled' in atm, unless one of Kyrou/Barbashev/Sanford seriously breaks out at camp.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Do people think Blais is going to make the roster? It's interesting, to me, that he's playing on a line with Bozak. Even though it's just been the first few days of camp. I've always liked Blais and think he has higher upside than someone like Sanford or especially Sundqvist.

I think Sanford's skating and puck skills are noticeably better and he looked significantly better in his NHL games with the Blues than Blais did, so I think Sanford has higher "upside." Will he reach it? Will the year off stunt his ability to do that? Will Blais surpass him by virtue of hockey sense and hard work? We'll see.

Reactions: BlueDream

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I see Sanfords' ceiling being a Berglund-lite, but more offensive-minded instead of defensive-minded like Bergy. ~20 goals, ~40 points peak. 30 point player.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I think they'll give him another shot to see if he can play up to speed at the NHL level.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Perron - O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak- Maroon
Sanford -Thomas-Blais

Fabbri-Jaskin-Barbashev

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Perron - O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak- Maroon
Sanford -Thomas-Blais

Fabbri-Jaskin-Barbashev

That would be a nasty 3rd line.

Run this out there against the Hawks:

Perron-Bozak-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Fabbri
Steen-ROR-Maroon
Nolan-Musil-Thorburn

Ed-Petro
Walman--Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Keith will flee from our forwards, choosing to fight Dunn on the way to the locker room.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Fabbri-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Maroon-Thomas-Jaskin

Ed-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Bortuzzo

Reactions: Zamadoo

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
In theory I think would rather see Bozak with Tarasenko and ROR holding down his own line.
Maroon-Boz-Tara
Jabrayden-Perron
Steen-ROR-Fabbri/Thomas/Kyrou

Let Bozak and Tarasenko get the offensive zone starts, ROR and Steem the D assignments, and Jabrayden can fill in the rest

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
In theory I think would rather see Bozak with Tarasenko and ROR holding down his own line.
Maroon-Boz-Tara
Jabrayden-Perron

Let Bozak and Tarasenko get the offensive zone starts, ROR and Steem the D assignments, and Jabrayden can fill in the rest

No. Two A lines and a C line is better than one A line and two B lines.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I just hope Kyrou keeps up his stellar play and his defensive game shows progression. I really want to see him and Thomas make this team as I think they can be BIG difference makers.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Fabbri-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Bozak-Perron
Maroon-Thomas-Jaskin

Ed-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Bortuzzo

I could see that lineup after Jan 1, but I just dont see Fabbri playing 1st line minutes right away. I can see Fabbri starting on the 4th line and working his way up as the season progresses and he gets into game shape.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Maroon-Boz-Tara
Jabrayden-Perron

I think if you're gonna put Bozak with Tarasenko you'd want to take Maroon off that line, just because now you're diluting Tarasenko a bit. I'd swap in Fabbri or Perron if they go that route

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I could see that lineup after Jan 1, but I just dont see Fabbri playing 1st line minutes right away. I can see Fabbri starting on the 4th line and working his way up as the season progresses and he gets into game shape.
I would agree this is probably not what we’ll see opening night. It is my ideal lineup though and hopefully what we see eventually.

Reactions: Mike Liut

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I would agree this is probably not what we’ll see opening night. It is my ideal lineup though and hopefully what we see eventually.

Yep. We all crave to see the Fabbri that we remember. It might take quite a while though. The Blues have enough depth to let this play out as long as it takes IMO. What if it takes a full season before we see the Fabbri that we remember? So what? If he can get there again, he is worth it. 15 points in 20 playoff games as a skinny 20 year old.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Yep. We all crave to see the Fabbri that we remember. It might take quite a while though. The Blues have enough depth to let this play out as long as it takes IMO. What if it takes a full season before we see the Fabbri that we remember? So what? If he can get there again, he is worth it. 15 points in 20 playoff games as a skinny 20 year old.

It will be interesting to see if he can reach that level again. Here’s what intrigues me... The level we saw him at was a 19 yr kid who wasnt anywhere near his peak. We loved that player and knew we had a special talent on our hands. We don’t really know what his peak would have been since we only saw him play at 19 yrs old. I dont see why he couldn’t be “at least” that type of player again. Would we all be happy if thats “all” he ever became?

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
It will be interesting to see if he can reach that level again. Here’s what intrigues me... The level we saw him at was a 19 yr kid who wasnt anywhere near his peak. We loved that player and knew we had a special talent on our hands. We don’t really know what his peak would have been since we only saw him play at 19 yrs old. I dont see why he couldn’t be “at least” that type of player again. Would we all be happy if thats “all” he ever became?

My answer is YES. He had come off a 37 point rookie season followed up by 15 points in 20 playoff games. His second season's production was less than expected with 29 points in 51 games before THE INJURY. But even at that he was exciting and dangerous. He had also shown signs of being a puck hound like schwartz.
I had posted my concern about his skating after seeing him at the scrimmage last saturday. But I was disappointed because he didn't have the explosiveness that I was hoping to see. But that doesn't mean that he can't get there again ... just that it is going to probably take longer than I had anticipated. Like I said, I believe the Fabbri that we remember is worth the wait ... even if it takes another year to see him get there. To your point though, 15 points in 20 playoff games would make me very happy if that is "all" he ever becomes again.

Reactions: Mike Liut

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
  • Perron/Fabbri - ROR - Tarasenko
  • Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
  • Steen - Bozak - Jaskin/Sundqvist
  • Perron/Fabbri - Thomas - Maroon

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
No way should Jaskin or Sundqvist be top 9 players on this team.
I was just trying to find a way to keep a balance of offense and defense on each line. I would also like to keep players in their ideal positions. (Eg., keeping Perron, Fabbri and Steen on the left.) It is surprisingly difficult! Our coaches have a lot of work to do. :).

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3